MU Customs

DarthOnyx

PsychoPirate, when are we going to see more of your work?

Thanks for asking! This is the only other thing I've finished lately - an upgrade on Hasbro's Moon Knight. I used the cape, staff, and belt and replaced everything else. (Belt and staff are repainted). Body is Freedom Foundation Spidey. Leg bracers are Commander Rogers. Head is a modified Black Panther (ears removed), Hood is a GI Joe Ninja's, as are the claws. Wristbands are Namor's repainted.

MoonKnight165_zps6a614088.jpg

MoonKnightisoreduced_zps290041a7.jpg

Comparison to Hasbro's:

Moonknightscompare30_zpsea12891d.jpg

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sizemore, you make the 90s look good! I'm not a fan of most of these character designs, but you did an amazing job making each member of X-Force. Which one took the longest? Did you use up a couple of Jean Greys in totality? Just the legs? How did you make Shatterstar's swords?

Shatterstar probably took the longest just because of all the white. Domino was a full Jean Grey minus the hands which were Black Widow. Boom Boom used just Jean's legs.

Shatterstar's swords....I glued my fingers together so many times making them lol. They are G.I. Joe swords cut up and put together.

Me too. What a great idea to use Death's Head! I may copy that recipe. What did you use for the head?

Tnx! I used Silver samurai head without his helmet, "epox clay"(don't know if this tranlates correctly), and a bunch of cuted pieces of swords.. mainly from that weird Odin's sword that "opened up" From Thor 1 movie toyline.

Hey, fellas,

I'm attempting to build a Conan on the Hercules buck, and can't seem to find a good head. The Doc Samson/Thor head just seems too small for that base. I suck at sculpting, so I need something that just needs paint. Any ideas? Does anyone have experience to know if the Thor head would look better on a complete custom, because I can't see it as it stands.

Thanks for any help.

Hey, fellas,

I'm attempting to build a Conan on the Hercules buck, and can't seem to find a good head. The Doc Samson/Thor head just seems too small for that base. I suck at sculpting, so I need something that just needs paint. Any ideas? Does anyone have experience to know if the Thor head would look better on a complete custom, because I can't see it as it stands.

Thanks for any help.

A Colossus head would work, but you would have to repaint it and sculpt (or transplant) long hair.

Conansuggestion_zps199196ca.jpg

I don’t know if you’re trying to create a generic Conan or an Arnold Schwarzenegger version but if it’s the latter I always thought the Build a Brawl John Morrison 4“ figure would be a great head for that.

Here’s one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAKKS-WWE-BUILD-N-BRAWL-SERIES-John-Morrison-Only-Figure-3-3-4-/181446971039?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a3f150e9f

As a matter of fact, that's what I'm looking at right now. Thanks for the input.

No, I'm going for a more Howard-inspired version, but I did get that Morrison head because it's spot on for Arnie- however, the scale is way to small for the Herc body. I'm going to fashion it on a Doc Samson and make the 82 version for fun, since I have it. I appreciate the advice.

Are you still after an Omega Red? I've got one, but am looking for an Ares, if you're interested. given that they're from the same wave, I doubt you'll have one, though.

Thanks for asking! This is the only other thing I've finished lately - an upgrade on Hasbro's Moon Knight. I used the cape, staff, and belt and replaced everything else. (Belt and staff are repainted). Body is Freedom Foundation Spidey. Leg bracers are Commander Rogers. Head is a modified Black Panther (ears removed), Hood is a GI Joe Ninja's, as are the claws. Wristbands are Namor's repainted.

Comparison to Hasbro's:

Awesome man. Big improvement.

Thanks Guido!

Groot is the head and hands from that 5 inch figure. The rest is an old skinny MU figure (black Spiderman) with upper arms, forearms, thighs, and calfs extended and completely shaved down. The whole extended body was then sculpted over with ApoxieSculpt. Yes, he can do a split and even replicate that leaning to the side pose (when hes being processed)

3.75“ Guardians:

Fantastic work! Just stunning. What is the Groot base? Is the articulation intact? The details on all of these is topnotch.

• 3 weeks later...

Comparison to Hasbro's:

that is a bad A$$ Moon Knight! awesome job!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Crossbones and Sin (the Red Skull's daughter).

CrossbonesSinandprisoners_zps3dfac2b7.jp

Crossbones is simply the head and vest from the single-carded Captain America: The First Avenger line Crossbones and the body of Retaliation Roadblock. I added a fodder belt that has a knife and holster, a fodder pistol, and a fodder gun which I think is from the World Peacekeepers line. I painted some details on the gun and freshened the brass bullets on the vest.

Crossbones_zps1c5334cc.jpg

Sin is the Red Skull head from the Captain America movies with a dark wash, and the body from the ROC Scarlett with reactive armor. The machine pistol is from a Baroness.

Sin_zps146554c6.jpg

Here is a size comparison of the most logical bodies from which a Crossbones can be made. L - R, they are the stock Hasbro MU Crossbones, my Crossbones based on Roadblock, (Captain America for size comparison purposes), a WIP Crossbones using Ares and Wrecker parts (with a placeholder head just for this picture), and the DC Multiverse Bane.

Crossbonessizecompare_zps827da515.jpg

CrossbonesandSin2_zpsa696af31.jpg