MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Here's my latest, still not 100% complete though. Need to do some touch up paint but Im being lazy right now and playing with Cable and Apocalypse lol.

5723393256_5cd3e6baf8.jpg

5723392564_5b40479c8c.jpg

Hey brand new here, long time customizer and collectors but new to MU, could you tell me what you used for the jacket and sleeves on cyke? And possibly any advice on switching arms on these figures? Haven't explored much of these figs yet, thanks in advance and wicked cyclops man!

I'm pretty sure the arms were from the ghost rider/aim soldier, and just repainted brown, and the jacket was from some XMOW wolverine figure? Not sure though. But I know those arms are def. GR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey folks. Here's what I've been up to in my free time:

Iceman

5714127455_70267922ae.jpg

5714128045_fbb59bdbfe.jpg

Iceman and his sled are from the XMOW series. The ice blast is from a Mr. Freeze Gashopan. All of them were painted with Krylon Flat White (Plastic-bonding series). I think Iceman truly looks frosty now, which I prefer over his deep-glacier blue. If you are trying this painting method for the first time, you should know that the Krylon (plastic-bonding) clear-coat protection and paints works best when applied in a series of light, thin layers. Don't goop it on! Also, a bit of Krazy glue around the joints will provide excellent protection- as long as it's carefully applied. This guy was an educational experience when it came to the joint stuff- paint repair was necessary.

Fantomex:

5714693050_471a45e7de.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52289612@N04/5714133781/

5714133781_959a47d83b.jpg

5714133313_6899509f5e.jpg

Recipe:

Head- 25th Firefly

Body- MU Moon Knight

Coat- XMOW Gambit

I think Gambit's coat is pretty dead-on for Fantomex. Especially with his earlier depictions. I might add some straps and stuff later, but I'm not really sure it'd add much right now. I first sprayed a good base of white on all the parts concerned, then a light lair of blue, and then another light layer of white. Painting the face and buckles really pulled him together for me. I think his slightly gritty look sets him apart from the other all-white clad characters I've made- like Doctor Nemesis.

Fantomex:

5714693050_471a45e7de.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52289612@N04/5714133781/

5714133781_959a47d83b.jpg

5714133313_6899509f5e.jpg

Recipe:

Head- 25th Firefly

Body- MU Moon Knight

Coat- XMOW Gambit

I think Gambit's coat is pretty dead-on for Fantomex. Especially with his earlier depictions. I might add some straps and stuff later, but I'm not really sure it'd add much right now. I first sprayed a good base of white on all the parts concerned, then a light lair of blue, and then another light layer of white. Painting the face and buckles really pulled him together for me. I think his slightly gritty look sets him apart from the other all-white clad characters I've made- like Doctor Nemesis.

Wow... Great work Guido. One of the best Fantomex's I have saw.

Angel:

5714700010_feb4740890.jpg

5714139753_0f65b87d55.jpg

5714700586_3bdc1b45ff.jpg

Recipe:

Head- XMOW Gambit (modified)

Body- Silver Surfer

Wings- Savage Land Angel (Pre-Legends Toybiz)

Wing articulation (ball-pivot & sleeve)- POC Jungle Viper

I seperated the hair from the rest of gambit's head and trimmed down both pieces so that the hair fit lower on his head, and then painted both pieces appropriately before I reattatched them together. I use Krylon flat white for the base-coat for the entire figure, painted appropriately, clear-coated, and used Krazy-glue for added joint protection. I also attatched the Jungle Viper pieces to the body and wings, joint sleeves on the former, and ball joint on the latter. I filled the sleeves with Krazy-Glue litte bit by little bit until they could hold the weight of the wings in a solid upward pose. I finished up with a thin glossy white coat that was brushed on the wings to make them stand out a little bit from the rest of the white paint.

For more pics, go to:

http://onyxphoenix.forumotion.com/f10-banner-s-lab

The idea for using Krylon paints as the base for Fantomex, Iceman, and Angel came from an OPP poster named Iron Will. I don't know if he's active here as well.

Fantomex:

Recipe:

Head- 25th Firefly

Body- MU Moon Knight

Coat- XMOW Gambit

Thanks man! :D He was fun. I got the idea from another customizer on here that I'm just not recalling right now. Ha! I just looked it up. Onyx made him with a similiar recipe.

Fantomex:

Recipe:

Head- 25th Firefly

Body- MU Moon Knight

Coat- XMOW Gambit

Thanks man! :D He was fun. I got the idea from another customizer on here that I'm just not recalling right now. Ha! I just looked it up. Onyx made him with a similiar recipe.

That Angel is nice as well sir. I'll keep you in mind when i need customs done. You take commission's?

Angel:

Recipe:

Body- Silver Surfer

I seperated the hair from the rest of gambit's head and trimmed down both pieces so that the hair fit lower on his head, and then painted both pieces appropriately before I reattatched them together. I use Krylon flat white for the base-coat for the entire figure, painted appropriately, clear-coated, and used Krazy-glue for added joint protection. I also attatched the Jungle Viper pieces to the body and wings, joint sleeves on the former, and ball joint on the latter. I filled the sleeves with Krazy-Glue litte bit by little bit until they could hold the weight of the wings in a solid upward pose. I finished up with a thin glossy white coat that was brushed on the wings to make them stand out a little bit from the rest of the white paint.

For more pics, go to:

The idea for using Krylon paints as the base for Fantomex, Iceman, and Angel came from an OPP poster named Iron Will. I don't know if he's active here as well.

Is the halo is done by hand or is it a decal? Look awsome.

Fantomex:

Recipe:

Head- 25th Firefly

Body- MU Moon Knight

Coat- XMOW Gambit

That Angel is nice as well sir. I'll keep you in mind when i need customs done. You take commission's?

I wish man! Maybe one day I will, but I don't have enough time currently. If that ever changes, I'll contact you. :)T hanks for that comment though. It means a lot to me to know that someone would pay to have me make something for them

Angel:

Recipe:

Body- Silver Surfer

For more pics, go to:

Is the halo is done by hand or is it a decal? Look awsome.

By hand. I had to try it a couple of times before it came out right.

That Angel is SICKK! I'll take one please.

Lol. Thanks Legend. Are we going to see you crank an Angel out sometime? Of the non-arch variety?

whoa! that angel is pretty nice! good job!

Thanks man! :D

alot of sick customs guys,

Love the accidental(?) x-men/X-nation theme going through these.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :D I didn't even pick up on that, but you're right, dragonkings.

Those are very nice customs bro!

lemme guess, Cable is ROC Duke in D6 Armor. Bishop is Heavy Duty, Domino is from Paris pursuit Baroness and banshee is a build n brawl Mr. Kennedy...

Great choice of base figures, I especially like Banshee and Bishop!

and I noticed your handle is Lapu lapu, are you by any chance filipino? because I am :D