MU Customs

DarthOnyx

@Riddick, as long as your not using the really cheap stuff any paint brand should be fine,

I use painters paints and use a pallet to mix the various colors till I find the ones I like best.

But if you want to save the hassle, use citadel or those model painter brands (not that glossy stuff)

The only thing I use specific is testers brand brush on dullcote and gloss coat to seal in the paint when dry and it reduces paint peal.

But again there are customizers who use spray on enamel or even refuse to touch the stuff and leave it as is.

It's your custom bro, use the paints and style that works best for you.

Best to use a black and a white and mix your own gray.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-24592-1314651981_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to make a "Colossonaut" custom.

Finally...my favorite Character gets a power boost! :D

there are other images to reference colors.

though...doesnt the 'juggernaut armor' allow for some 'artistic license'?...Colossus is an artist...wouldnt he 'imagine a sweeter look? lol?

I always assumed Cains armor looked the way it did, because of a lack of imagination on his part. lol

Hey guys

Been wanting the ninja turtle in 3 3/4 that could do battle with some of my MU guys but i dont think any exist atm (if im wrong lmk)

so maybe a custom is in order...anyone seen a good tmnt custom before? or have any good ideas for one

thanks for your time

not sure dude. sounds cool though. i'd use the venom body from the spiderman line as a base though? no?

Hey guys

Been wanting the ninja turtle in 3 3/4 that could do battle with some of my MU guys but i dont think any exist atm (if im wrong lmk)

so maybe a custom is in order...anyone seen a good tmnt custom before? or have any good ideas for one

thanks for your time

SDS used to have some TMNT parts. not sure with the coming revamp of the store. some good things but a little wait on getting it.

Hey guys

thanks for your time

not sure dude. sounds cool though. i'd use the venom body from the spiderman line as a base though? no?

i dont think the venom body would work...less i want my tmnt's to tower over 80% of the mu figures not to mention way more muscular...i would say that to be at least some what in scale they would need to be no more than 3 3/4 maybe alittle smaller...but if their was an exact 4 inch tmnt line i wouldnt complain at all...

i think the bnb wrestlers might be the best bet what you think?

Hello again

im going to break my custom cherry here an post my first online post of one of my favorite customs... all my customs are true work of love so sometimes its not easy sharing it to anyone for critique(im not sure if the upload is going to work so pls bare with me)...hope you enjoy The Tick!...(its the only one i have with me atm)

i wanted him to look like he jump right out of the comic books... thats what the black wash paint should show...i need to touch it up alittle here and there but im sure you get the picture...

the body is a combo of venom and sabertooth (got that idea from seeing onyx true genius)

http://forums.marvelousnews.com/style_imag.../attach_add.png

post-34997-1314714596_thumb.jpg

post-34997-1314714625_thumb.jpg

post-34997-1314714667_thumb.jpg

post-24592-1314676448_thumb.jpgpost-24592-1314676277_thumb.jpg

not a custom yet. but juggernaut with dcuc aquaman head. Upper Torso is just sitting on lower torso peg. I believe the torsos of this mold need to be elongated as well.

Warspectre, did you know they had a juggernaut no helm on display at SDCC?

Still that's a great Juggernaut. His torso just sitting on the peg is much much better. It would be cool if there was a midsection extender similar to Onyx's leg extensions 'wink'

I'm curious how bad out of scale it would be with leg extenders on it as well.

so did you have to crack the torso to do that or can you just just pull the torso from the waist?

post-24592-1314676448_thumb.jpgpost-24592-1314676277_thumb.jpg

not a custom yet. but juggernaut with dcuc aquaman head. Upper Torso is just sitting on lower torso peg. I believe the torsos of this mold need to be elongated as well.

Warspectre, did you know they had a juggernaut no helm on display at SDCC?

Still that's a great Juggernaut. His torso just sitting on the peg is much much better. It would be cool if there was a midsection extender similar to Onyx's leg extensions 'wink'

I'm curious how bad out of scale it would be with leg extenders on it as well.

so did you have to crack the torso to do that or can you just just pull the torso from the waist?

I 'cracked it'. boil n pop to soften the glue? and a chisel and a small screw driver. minimal damage.

yeah. i noticed the no helm juggy. i'll be picking that up as well. but i prefer all of my characters without grimaces. i like them with a face that they might make while standing around in a war room being briefed. plain but intensely focused. lol

Hmm I've been afraid to crack cases, but I may give it a shot just to experiment.

lol @ Plain but intensely focused. I didn't give that Jugs on display much of a look. I prefer mine in full gear so am happy with the juggernaut with his helmet. It would be great if Hasbro made them with removable helmets or packaged em with two heads.

anyway, I like what you did thar.

Hey guys just thought I'd share some simple head swap customs with you guys.

First Dr. Bruce Banner

2011-08-29%252001.07.16.jpg

2011-08-16%252022.15.41.jpg

I took the Ed Norton head from the movie line, made a mold of it, painted it and placed it on a Logan body from XMOW. I'm thinking of painting his body too, just to get away from all the Wolverine browns.

Next is Jimmy Woo, Agent of SHIELD

2011-08-29%252001.10.46.jpg

Super simple! GI Joe movie Storm Shadow on SHIELD body.

If anyone is interested I have a couple of extra casting of the Ed Norton head available at:

http://soundwave810.ecrater.com/

I wish Hasbro would just redesign that body style. I think the stretch strike venom and the Lizard were done well for proportion and size and they should just use that and tweak it for the bulky characters.

i'm not sure about the stretch strike venom...as i dont have it...but the lizard looks awesome. and i agree that hasbro should redisign the "brute" bodies.

I wish Hasbro would just redesign that body style. I think the stretch strike venom and the Lizard were done well for proportion and size and they should just use that and tweak it for the bulky characters.

i'm not sure about the stretch strike venom...as i dont have it...but the lizard looks awesome. and i agree that hasbro should redisign the "brute" bodies.

if you like the lizard the stretch strike venom is the same as far as scale and proportions. I think they are both great.

@soundwave

I didn't even know they had an Ed Norton head that's pretty cool custom.