• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on, guys.... Ditko, man. DITKO.

034.jpg

kraven2.jpg

I couldn't do the 80's loincloth version, because I just couldn't give my 8-year-old daughter a toy that had so much manflesh on it. Sorry. I'm still working on the belt spikes... are those horns of some kind or giant teeth? They certainly aren't big enough to be ivory tusks, are they? Anyway, I'm working on them still.

Here are a couple of Various characters that I have been working on.

I did the mini group shots because i could not get to my photobucket to upload them.

Tell me what you think.

The Torso(s) on Dare Devil and Vision were swapped out for Iron Man torso(s) as it lengthened the body and got rid of the squat look.

Elektra is just a repainted Ms Marvel with an Padame (sp?) head. Scarlett Witch is a repainted Enchantress (prototype) with a red cape from some SW character.

Mockingbird is Firestar head with Ms Marvel hair and body. Arms from Evolution Jedi female. D-Man is a yellow DareDevil with the red painted darker and then a TGC Wolverine head. Black Panther is a Black Spider-Man with BP's head and hands from MM wrestler. Thor is MLS Thor with TGC head and Colossus' hammer. Cap is my oldest, and he is a bash of the MU and MLS Cap (hands and feet from MLS - rest is MU).

The begining of my Dark Avengers

Ares is Thunderball with Nemisis Immortal (Enforcer) head and (MU) Magneto head hollowed for helmet and fin added, chest plate from random Joe. Bullseye/Hawkeye made from Green Goblin (feet from Destro and hands from Wraith)head is TGC. And to counter Cap is Protocide... just a repainted Cap (did him at same time as Cap... long story there concerning me making a Caps Corp).

To answer Steve- The head is a GI JOE JvsC Wet Suit head with some sculpey added to the back to make the mullet.

Crowncoke.

Elektra needs a bandana or atleast long hair.

I think you need to pain the black on Scarlet Witch red and you have a decent custom.

The Ironman lower torso might not work for Vision it makes him look a little too top heavy.

I love that you first of all made a D-man figure and second, he looks really good.

I also like Mockingbird.

Protocide and dark Hawkeye are nice. Ares just needs a paintjob to match the comics.

I figured that some would not like him. But I have to ask you this. How many totally beefy African men have you met. The ones I have known have all been runner/basketball thin. I figured with that, I would take his look from the newer Iron Man cartoon.

I figured he was more of a lithe and limber striker to a sit down and brawl fighter.

Here are some single shots.

I finally have my camera working, so I thought I'd start showing some of mine:

Here is Red Guardian, I plan on touching him back up (I actually ran out of red paint while doing this one, i had to mix the paint with water to finish it). I also haven't yet decided if I want to use a flat, metallic, or shiny red for his shield.

He uses the Thunderball body, Guardian head, Ultimate Cap's shield. The "ear bubble" things were "sculpted" and the crest was cut and formed from excess plastic from a model kit.

I figured that some would not like him. But I have to ask you this. How many totally beefy African men have you met. The ones I have known have all been runner/basketball thin. I figured with that, I would take his look from the newer Iron Man cartoon.

I figured he was more of a lithe and limber striker to a sit down and brawl fighter.

there is no buff people in africa.... runner/basketball thin... this might be the dumbest ignorant #$@# i have ever heard

and for the record your skinny basketball/runner black panther looks real bad...

here is a buff african guy since they are like unicorns....

Here are a couple of Various characters that I have been working on.

I did the mini group shots because i could not get to my photobucket to upload them.

Tell me what you think.

The Torso(s) on Dare Devil and Vision were swapped out for Iron Man torso(s) as it lengthened the body and got rid of the squat look.

Elektra is just a repainted Ms Marvel with an Padame (sp?) head. Scarlett Witch is a repainted Enchantress (prototype) with a red cape from some SW character.

Mockingbird is Firestar head with Ms Marvel hair and body. Arms from Evolution Jedi female. D-Man is a yellow DareDevil with the red painted darker and then a TGC Wolverine head. Black Panther is a Black Spider-Man with BP's head and hands from MM wrestler. Thor is MLS Thor with TGC head and Colossus' hammer. Cap is my oldest, and he is a bash of the MU and MLS Cap (hands and feet from MLS - rest is MU).

The begining of my Dark Avengers

Ares is Thunderball with Nemisis Immortal (Enforcer) head and (MU) Magneto head hollowed for helmet and fin added, chest plate from random Joe. Bullseye/Hawkeye made from Green Goblin (feet from Destro and hands from Wraith)head is TGC. And to counter Cap is Protocide... just a repainted Cap (did him at same time as Cap... long story there concerning me making a Caps Corp).

Is Protocide a new DA version or is it yor own version? I had never heard of him before but I started looking him up after seeing your custom, and he sounds like a rather interesting character that I just might do a custom of myself in the suit I've seen him in. I'm even trying to work out how to make that really cool shield he had. Thinking about it he's a definite must customize.

there is no buff people in africa.... runner/basketball thin... this might be the dumbest ignorant #$@# i have ever heard

and for the record your skinny basketball/runner black panther looks real bad...

First off you really should read what you quoted. I DID NOT SAY THERE WERE NO BUFF AFRICAN MEN. What I SAID was that of the ones that I have met they were all really muscular but not a single one was what I would call a beefcake. As an Hispanic man, I stay away from racial profiling. I did not base this on any racial profile, but based on one of the smartest men I know, Solomon Amegatcher (African Olympic Runner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Amegatcher).

Second, not everyone likes the customs that others do. And honestly I do not care if you like him or not. Your opinion is based on you beliefs and not the figure himself, so .....

RodimusVTS,

That version of Protocide is my own take of him. I figured that Marvel dropped the ball by not giving the public a 'replacement' for Steve for the Dark Avengers.

I finally have my camera working, so I thought I'd start showing some of mine:

Here is Red Guardian, I plan on touching him back up (I actually ran out of red paint while doing this one, i had to mix the paint with water to finish it). I also haven't yet decided if I want to use a flat, metallic, or shiny red for his shield.

He uses the Thunderball body, Guardian head, Ultimate Cap's shield. The "ear bubble" things were "sculpted" and the crest was cut and formed from excess plastic from a model kit.

Well done! I am so jealous, as that is one of the characters that I have really wanted to get made and could not figure out the proper figure to make him from. Thank you, I will be borrowing this formula.

First off you really should read what you quoted. I DID NOT SAY THERE WERE NO BUFF AFRICAN MEN. What I SAID was that of the ones that I have met they were all really muscular but not a single one was what I would call a beefcake. As an Hispanic man, I stay away from racial profiling. I did not base this on any racial profile, but based on one of the smartest men I know, Solomon Amegatcher (African Olympic Runner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Amegatcher).

Second, not everyone likes the customs that others do. And honestly I do not care if you like him or not. Your opinion is based on you beliefs and not the figure himself, so .....

RodimusVTS,

That version of Protocide is my own take of him. I figured that Marvel dropped the ball by not giving the public a 'replacement' for Steve for the Dark Avengers.

dude... i like most of your customs, but the anorexic black panther you have created is based on the handfull of people you have met & not factual info. Maybe you shouldnt watch late night feed the children comercials to get insperation for your customs.