MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to know the rest of the recipe for Abomination, please...

Onyx head cast (awesome as always)

Movie Hulk Abomination arms and legs adapted to fit the

MU green hulk with the torn pants sanded down and then a paint job

Thanks for all the compliments guys

Oh, and the neck joint from Skarr was put into the Hulk body to give the neck added articulation.

Moonstone.jpg

classic Moonstone

This is just an attempted fix of my original custom. Previously the belt was just painted and the helmet looked too big. She was also lacking the shoulder points. So I sculpted a belt, the shoulder points and attempted to fix the helmet... it is marginally better now. Still not 100% happy. The left leg always looked a little janky to me and I realized while trying to fix it...the reason it looked weird is because it was a right thigh not a left thigh (2nd time this has happened with a MU figure for me.. just didn't discover it until 3 years later). I also touched up the paint and added more details (the silver highlights) and some more hair to fill it out more.

BansheeAoA.jpg

AoA Banshee

Similar deal as with Moonstone..I just wanted to fix something on this older custom.. I added the shoulder points on him too.

BruceBanner.jpg

Bruce Banner

Quick question...

does anybody know how to get paint off of figures without ruining plastic ? I was thinking of using nail polish remover.

That will work, but you have to make sure you get it off quickly. Rubbing alcohol also works

sweet... thanks

I was hesitant, because i used to melt Joes with nail polish remover when i was a kid..

Quick question...

does anybody know how to get paint off of figures without ruining plastic ? I was thinking of using nail polish remover.

That will work, but you have to make sure you get it off quickly. Rubbing alcohol also works

sweet... thanks

I was hesitant, because i used to melt Joes with nail polish remover when i was a kid..

Like I said though get it off quickly. Do not let it sit there, it will eventually eat through it. Acetone is what those of us who mold, and cast use to clean our mold injectors (oral syringes) of the resin. So it will eat through it, but only if you let it sit. Oddly the plastic that syringes, and the bottles that hold the acetone don't seem to be affected, but it's best not to risk ruining a figure.