MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

toothpicks are more expendable. spread with tothpick. just don't still be spreading while its drying. very thin layers of glue...or you may have to sand.

really? you have good luck? I think mine probably wouldn't come out very smooth.

to be quite honest, i haven't done it in a long time and didn't do it often. i found that trick on jin saotome's site though.

Jin does some pretty amazing work. I guess it makes sense though... Less worry about air bubbles from brushes or applying to much. Still I think i'd have to practice that technique.

A friend of mine had a custom vulture idea and i made a rough concept picture to kinda see what he had in mind.. rather than delete it, I figured id post it in case anyone wanted to do something similar.

post-33962-1342415689_thumb.jpg

Vulture is another one of my "WIP's". I'm using Falcon's wings too, but Falcon's body is too buff. I went with one of the Spidey bodies that was fairly thin and just cut slits in the arms of another fig. And for the head I'm using one from OPP that was a bald old guy. Might have to add some warts or something but the scowl was fairly spot on for a vulture already. Still have all the painting to do on that one since I just got around to cutting the arm slits for the wings about a week and a half ago. Should only take me another three months to get back to it.lol Your mock up looks pretty good there. What parts are you supposing with that? Wings from Falcon seems like the obvious choice, but have you thought out body/arm choices? And anyone have other suggestions for his "collar"? I've thought about finding some white faux fur from a craft store like Michaels and I've thought about just adding some sculpey putty - but I still have not decided which would look better. Leaning towards all plastic though. Generally don't like any "real" cloth or other material looks on figures. Besides, depending upon who draws him, his collar often looks like it's supposed to be feathers anyway. Only sometimes does it look more like fur (possibly lazy drawing not wanting to add feather details?)

Made Vulture to go with the other Spdier Man villians...just missing Kraven I thought until they showed Mysterio and the new Rhino. I went the cartoon route on Mysterio though.

003-4.jpg

Nice Spidey Villian! Pardon my ignorance, but may i ask who is that guy in between the two Goblins? and mind sharing the recipie for hydro man? :)

Made Vulture to go with the other Spdier Man villians...just missing Kraven I thought until they showed Mysterio and the new Rhino. I went the cartoon route on Mysterio though.

003-4.jpg

Nice Spidey Villian! Pardon my ignorance, but may i ask who is that guy in between the two Goblins? and mind sharing the recipie for hydro man? :)

That's Chameleon.

003-4.jpg

That is Chameleon in his cartoon costume. Sure, Hydro man is a Luke Cage body and a Serpentor head (G.I. Joe) with sculpted hair. The water attachments are from the old toybiz toy Hydro Man.

I really appreciate that you did the cartoon Chameleon. Did any of the other Rogue's have cartoon specific looks?

Thanks. I don't know. I think the Myterio is more of the cartoon look I did, but I believe he looked that way some in the comics too. I know he is far different in the MU release. I would love to do the Scorpion in the cartoon style but just can't motivate myself when the one we got is "good enough" since he isn't one of my favorites.

Does anybody have a fix for when you get a figure and the thigh-cuts are too stiff? This has happened a lot to me recently. Some characters, I've been able to free up their thighs to rotate better, but on others the thigh peg has actually just twisted right off.

Got my Masters of Evil box today and Tigershark has displayed this tendency, so it's a pressing concern for me. Heating didn't seem to help. I'm hoping as the figure cools down the pegs will get harder and more durable.

to answer your question. my friend wants to use spiderman body, vulture wings, and 25th anniversary serpentor head.

in the pic i just photoshopped falcons arms on green iron fist and put serpentors head on just for a quick look. He plans to sculpt the collar piece. he also mentioned sculpting bushy eyebrows on the serpentor.

I hate that gigantic buck they used for Cable & now unfortunately Tiger Shark! Those guys are big, but not freaking 7 footers! Anyway, my Cable custom is based on the new GI Joe retaliation Roadblock buck which is an awesome buck for characters in the 6-6, 6-8 range! I just swapped Cables head, left arm, right hand & straps/accessories onto the Roadblock buck, painted it Blue/Yellow & also used one of Wolverines's shoulder pads & IMO, a much better scaled Cable that doesn't tower over his other fellow X-men. Comments/critiques welcome.

DSC02915.jpg

DSC02916.jpg

DSC02917.jpg

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02920.jpg