MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks fellas! I had fun sculpting Namor. I got the scale effect by using a scaley type push tool. The Collar was a problem, but I found a RoC Storm Shadow collar in my fodder and managed to cut, shape and sculpt it onto the body. I really beefed up the sculpt behind the neck so it's pretty durable.

Vision is a pain so far. The paint is already really thick on the base figure causeing a lot of rub. Gonna have to take it completely apart to sand down all the joints. Bought some new green paint just for it as well.

Thanks fellas! I had fun sculpting Namor. I got the scale effect by using a scaley type push tool. The Collar was a problem, but I found a RoC Storm Shadow collar in my fodder and managed to cut, shape and sculpt it onto the body. I really beefed up the sculpt behind the neck so it's pretty durable.

Vision is a pain so far. The paint is already really thick on the base figure causeing a lot of rub. Gonna have to take it completely apart to sand down all the joints. Bought some new green paint just for it as well.

I was thinking of something similar but didn't have any tools for it. .. was it a push tool specifically for it like something I could buy at a craft store? or was it just something u shapped that you had to stamp 500 times?

Holy rusted metal, Batman! That is one freaking awesome Namor there, IDH! It's hard to believe there's this much "amateur" talent out there and Hasbro relies on ...what? Where do they get their sculpts? I mean some are pretty cool, but this custom is magnificent and really makes me wonder what we'd get from this line if they had some people like IDH and some of the other customizers working directly for Hasbro.

Anybody have contact info for someone in the design team? Let's get IDH a nice little check so Hasbro can reproduce that sucker a few million times. I don't imagine that would pegwarm at all.

Now I want to try that little scale technique to see if I can make something that looks like chainmail or even possibly feathers. Seems time consuming but those results are worth it.

Seriously guys, I'm in awe of the stuff that you people put out.

As Onyx has you guys covered on one MoE kit I have the honor of having you guys covered on the fin head of the set:

001-169.jpg

W/ my mixture it is flexible enough for you to be able to turn the head

002-151.jpg

I also have 2 ancient warriors:

004-122.jpg

005-104.jpg

and a lady in a helmet or a certain AI if you choose to go that route

007-65.jpg

These look really good. Well done.