MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Onyx—Is that a cast of the elusive, cancelled 3 Pack Tony Stark head? If so, are you also going to cast Rhodey and the original Scarlett J. head? (Which I thought was great but the paint on the packaged pieces made her look weird)

No. That one looks horrible and nothing like RDJ. I wouldn't have that in my store. This is 1 of 2 shrunken Hot Toys heads I am doing. As for Rhodey, I hate that actor as him so that one won't be made by me. Scarlett J. head is in my store if it is the same one you are talking about.

NOOOOOOOO! Don Cheadle, Sam Jackson, Morgan Freeman.. the holy trinity of black actors.

@Onyx—Is that a cast of the elusive, cancelled 3 Pack Tony Stark head? If so, are you also going to cast Rhodey and the original Scarlett J. head? (Which I thought was great but the paint on the packaged pieces made her look weird)

No. That one looks horrible and nothing like RDJ. I wouldn't have that in my store. This is 1 of 2 shrunken Hot Toys heads I am doing. As for Rhodey, I hate that actor as him so that one won't be made by me. Scarlett J. head is in my store if it is the same one you are talking about.

Cool. I have to check out the Scarlett head.

I totally agree. I loved Terrence Howard as Rhodey, Don Cheadle reminds me of Tim Meadows (Ladies Man). Are you going to do the Hot Toys Chris Evans head or Thor? Those would be sweet.

Cool. I have to check out the Scarlett head.

I totally agree. I loved Terrence Howard as Rhodey, Don Cheadle reminds me of Tim Meadows (Ladies Man). Are you going to do the Hot Toys Chris Evans head or Thor? Those would be sweet.

One thing at a time bro. These heads are extremely expensive.

NOOOOOOOO! Don Cheadle, Sam Jackson, Morgan Freeman.. the holy trinity of black actors.

You meant Don Cheadle, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman. Right? I like Sam, but he's not as good or diversified an actor as the other three.

I like Terence Howard too, and was disappointed he wouldn't be returning. But frankly, you can't do better than Don as an actor. He absolutely becomes whoever he is portraying. He's done characters from all over the world and his accent is so perfect that you'd swear that they got someone from that country to play the part. His range is probably too good for a superhero movie, honestly.

You meant Don Cheadle, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman. Right? I like Sam, but he's not as good or diversified an actor as the other three.

I like Terence Howard too, and was disappointed he wouldn't be returning. But frankly, you can't do better than Don as an actor. He absolutely becomes whoever he is portraying. He's done characters from all over the world and his accent is so perfect that you'd swear that they got someone from that country to play the part. His range is probably too good for a superhero movie, honestly.

Lol, his cockney accent was terrible! The guys on South Park do better! :D

I found a racing armor Iron Man at Target the other day when I went out on a figure hunt. Unfortunately the face plate was really scratched up. So I replaced the head w/ my opening face plate IM head. I also got my first copy of the Fett lift off effect I got from Joe out of the mold, and after some modifications which are needed for it to work for IM I decided to show it off as part of my custom.

022-8.jpg

021-11.jpg

I had left over of the yellow, and orange so I decided to replace my flame on Human Torch's head, and give him some new effects

026-4.jpg

027-6.jpg

Question for the experts: I received Onyx's Coulson head in the mail but ironically while all other heads were too big, this one is too small to fit on the Destro/Xavier body. What's the best way to rectify this? Should I try shaving the neck peg down or try to widen the hole in the head?

So the head is actually the correct size but it doesn't fit on the neck peg, correct?

If this is the case then the easiest thing to do is to dremel out the hole in the head a little more. Just be carefull not to dremel out too much. If you dremel out just a little too much it can be easily fixed by adding some sticky putty inside, but if you go too far then you are taking a chance of drilling all the way through the head which would really suck.

If you don't have a dremel then it is a little more difficult to fix. One thing I did before buying my dremel was to cut the neck peg down and then use sticky putty inside the head to hold it onto what was left of the neck peg. It actually allows for even more poseability than any normal joint because the putty is not restricted like any plastic joint would be. Of course, this does not work well in any situation were it will be played with by children since the head would be promptly lost. But it is about the only way to have people look anywhere a normal human could look, and it will stay in whatever position you put it usually.

Oh, and sorry to the experts for jumping in. I just thought since I was here I'd put my 1/50th of a dollar in there.

Well, since it's a head I made, I'll answer this. I assume you mean the neck hole is too small and not the actual head. When I made the head, I did not have the Xavier or Desto body to use as a base. The solutions are simple. You can first try heating the head then putting it on the body or you can get a dremel with the round metal bit and just waddle it out a tad bit. If you need any other help, PM me please.

Well, since it's a head I made, I'll answer this. I assume you mean the neck hole is too small and not the actual head. When I made the head, I did not have the Xavier or Desto body to use as a base. The solutions are simple. You can first try heating the head then putting it on the body or you can get a dremel with the round metal bit and just waddle it out a tad bit. If you need any other help, PM me please.

Sorry for not clarifying. The head size is perfect. It's the neck hole yes. And it is slight. I'll probably try heating it first and then more on to dremel if that fails. Thanks!

I know there's a WIP thread over in the customs section, but let's face it this thread gets way more traffic. So I'd like some feedback as to whether this particular recipe is working for a Wasp figure. The wings are not permanently attached yet, hence the sticky putty showing under her arms a bit. I'm trying to figure out how to get an Avengers "A" on her belt instead of whatever that power rangers crap is. Also, this was the best head I could come up with from my bins, but I think I'm going to have to get that Maria Hill head from OPP because it really is the closest thing I've seen to Wasp - unless anyone else knows of a good one. I don't suppose someone with both a Maria Hill and a PR girl could do a head swap to see if the size of the head is good for that body? I know, alot to ask.

CAP_0096.jpg

Still haven't figured out exactly which color scheme I want to go with either. So this is an extremely rough draft.

Here's another shot beside some of my female SHIELD agents (and a decapitated victim apparently)

CAP_0095.jpg

So, any ideas? The basic shape with the skirt seems to work to me. But what changes would you make if you were doing this?