• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right. Here's a photo to give you guys an idea:

th_photo23.jpg

So as you can see, the head is perfectly in proportion with the Destro body. So the head shape is fine.

It's the size of the neck hole that's not fitting on the body's neck post:

th_photo22.jpg

It's a bit blurry (stupid iphone) but you should see the top of the neck post that the head is sitting on. It can't actually pop onto the neck post because the hole is too narrow.

Right. Here's a photo to give you guys an idea:

th_photo23.jpg

So as you can see, the head is perfectly in proportion with the Destro body. So the head shape is fine.

It's the size of the neck hole that's not fitting on the body's neck post:

th_photo22.jpg

It's a bit blurry (stupid iphone) but you should see the top of the neck post that the head is sitting on. It can't actually pop onto the neck post because the hole is too narrow.

I'll take care of it for future purchases. Though, it IS called customizing. ;) lol

gijoe head pegs are not the same size as MU head pegs... same with starwars. sometimes they are close though, sometimes way off.. pretty frustrating

True...However, Professor X body began it's "life" as a G.I.Joe figure as did my Coulson head.

yeah, that's what I meant. The Destro/Prof X head peg should be different size than most MU head pegs.

But if you based your Coulson head off a Joe figure, than it should have fit.. silly Hasbro

I know there's a WIP thread over in the customs section, but let's face it this thread gets way more traffic. So I'd like some feedback as to whether this particular recipe is working for a Wasp figure. The wings are not permanently attached yet, hence the sticky putty showing under her arms a bit. I'm trying to figure out how to get an Avengers "A" on her belt instead of whatever that power rangers crap is. Also, this was the best head I could come up with from my bins, but I think I'm going to have to get that Maria Hill head from OPP because it really is the closest thing I've seen to Wasp - unless anyone else knows of a good one. I don't suppose someone with both a Maria Hill and a PR girl could do a head swap to see if the size of the head is good for that body? I know, alot to ask.

CAP_0096.jpg

Still haven't figured out exactly which color scheme I want to go with either. So this is an extremely rough draft.

Here's another shot beside some of my female SHIELD agents (and a decapitated victim apparently)

CAP_0095.jpg

So, any ideas? The basic shape with the skirt seems to work to me. But what changes would you make if you were doing this?

I was recently researching which Wasp costume to use, and I came across this fantastic collection (10 pages worth) of the history of her costume wear. It is mind boggling how many costume variations she's had. (I'm going with a hybrid version - if every artist gets to do his own, then I'm getting in on the act, too.)

Link to the Wasp costume collection

Here is two of my latest customs. Maria hill is a pretty simple headswap. I might paint the body if i can find another movie black widow. Nick fury still needs some accessories attached and my white paint was hold so it not go on as nice as i would have liked. Let me now what ya'll think.

post-21636-1345082364_thumb.jpg

post-21636-1345082368_thumb.jpg

Onyx, have you ever seen this head used for Sue? JediKnutt painted it for me as I stink at eyes....I know people use her a bunch for Psylocke, but I think it works...

4fb0882644c29_189759n.jpg

002-165.jpg

020-4.jpg

It could work for her. My only issue with that head is that it is a bit large for most normal female bodies.

I always thought she'd make a good emma frost.

I like thoose wings. Good idea! There is some really good talent on here. I am almost embarrassed to post my limited customs. I have dine a lot of classic gi joe, new star wars and pirates customs. For some reason mu has given ne trouble. Here is an old dark beast and mystique i. did before mu came out.

post-21636-1345268564_thumb.jpg

post-21636-1345268648_thumb.jpg

Patch, I feel like the more ya do it and read tips and listen to suggestions the better ya get.

example... I learned there's a huge difference between sculpting with hardware putty and greenstuff. When I first started customizing i was using mighty putty to sculpt hair, accessories and whatever I needed.. The putty hardened so fast it made it difficult to sculpt.

what kind of paint do you use? it looks like it flakes easy.

Patch, I feel like the more ya do it and read tips and listen to suggestions the better ya get.

example... I learned there's a huge difference between sculpting with hardware putty and greenstuff. When I first started customizing i was using mighty putty to sculpt hair, accessories and whatever I needed.. The putty hardened so fast it made it difficult to sculpt.

Yeah I need to invest in some in some green putty. I was working on a custom skrull using cement putty and it is rough to work with. I usually use folk art acryllic paints. They are pretty cheap. I never had a problem with on other figures but it seems the plastic mu uses is harder to paint over.

I finally got a hold of the SDCC DVD Stan Lee figure, and then I made a mold of the head with the body in the mold upside down. I then filled that mold w/ plastic. When I pulled out that first copy it was like a bust of Stan. I then modified the bust into a head that could fit onto a GI Joe/ MU body. After making a mold of that altered head I drilled the neck cavity out to 7/32" to fit onto an old Indiana Jones figure, and painted it up for my own custom Stan Lee.

007-66.jpg

006-86.jpg

Spidey: Wait how did you beat Venom!?!?!

Stan: I just wrote it into the story.

Spidey: Wait...WHAT?!?!?

Stan: I've been writing your story for years. Hehehehe.

008-75.jpg

Yeah I need to invest in some in some green putty. I was working on a custom skrull using cement putty and it is rough to work with. I usually use folk art acryllic paints. They are pretty cheap. I never had a problem with on other figures but it seems the plastic mu uses is harder to paint over.

i've noticed with mu you need to wash em good with soap and water the paint seems to hold better. I've never used folk art but trying a different paint might yield better results,

I finally got a hold of the SDCC DVD Stan Lee figure, and then I made a mold of the head with the body in the mold upside down. I then filled that mold w/ plastic. When I pulled out that first copy it was like a bust of Stan. I then modified the bust into a head that could fit onto a GI Joe/ MU body. After making a mold of that altered head I drilled the neck cavity out to 7/32" to fit onto an old Indiana Jones figure, and painted it up for my own custom Stan Lee.

007-66.jpg

006-86.jpg

Spidey: Wait how did you beat Venom!?!?!

Stan: I just wrote it into the story.

Spidey: Wait...WHAT?!?!?

Stan: I've been writing your story for years. Hehehehe.

008-75.jpg

Ha, what an awesome Stan head! I want one.