MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My version of trenchcoat Punisher. Simple recipe: Avengers Nick Fury trenchcoat & newest & best MU Punisher eva. Painted the gloves, holsters & parts of the belt Black & done.

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

thia is an awesome Puniser custom! It would make a great base for an X-treme X-Men Bishop custom too! great work.

that holocaust is SICK!!!! spidey is lookin' great as well - the articulation really does him justice

I'm glad that you like them. Doc Ock's arms are actually from the 6 inch Spider-Man Classics line Doc Ock from a few years back. I really like them on him as oppose to the dinky things he originally had. As for the other two, here's the breakdown:

Holocaust

Torso, left arm cannon- Azrael (6 inch Batman line)

Right arm, upper left arm, lower legs, upper torso armor- from a Japanese figure I picked up in Japan in '07. I had no idea who/ what it was even then (there was no English on the packaging)

Upper legs & crotch- movie Green Goblin

Knees- a Revoltech figure

Head- Montezuma from a 25th Anniverseray GI Joe box set

Dome- Deep Six (25th GI Joe)

Backpack- Armored Cobra Commander

Spider-Man

Head- a Spider-Man Gashapon

Torso, hips- "Super-posable" Spider-Man from his own line

Arms & legs- Spider-Man from Superhero Showdown

Shoulders- MU Spider-man wave 1

Yeah the lil flimsy arms on Doc Ock are a bit annoying. I'd be ok with mine though if they would hold a pose but they don't

That Holocaust is ridonkulous. I like that it uses so many parts as it makes it so unique. It's just done really well.

My current Spidey is the MU one where the webbing is sculpted not painted. I may try to duplicate what you've done there. It looks perfect in my book.

I don't know about that.... amnesiac Warren in WATXM apparently dislikes clothes.

Thanks for the feedback guys- it's much appreciated. Holocaust was a great opportunity for me to play around. I wanted to incorporate some of the elements that make him identifiable as Holocaust while still making him uniquely mine. Spider-Man was also a lot of fun, and I am really satisfied with him. I haven't totally felt that way with a Spidey figure in this scale.

Diabolical, if you do something similiar to what I did with Spidey, here's a tip: the torso is hard, will need to be split, and won't want to fit back together if rushed open. Close call for me there- I almost ruined the whole thing right out of the gate. I hope you take him on- I think you'd make a killer Spider-Man.

Paragon, awesome Red She Hulk! Your paint apps look stellar!

PushYouDown- Great Moondragon! How'd you do the collar/ cape?

Diabolical, if you do something similiar to what I did with Spidey, here's a tip: the torso is hard, will need to be split, and won't want to fit back together if rushed open. Close call for me there- I almost ruined the whole thing right out of the gate. I hope you take him on- I think you'd make a killer Spider-Man.

Paragon, awesome Red She Hulk! Your paint apps look stellar!

Thanks, I'll have to one day because I don't think Hasbro is going to get it right.

Yeah, that Holocaust custom is really cool. Excellent paint and parts.

The collar and shoulder drape was green stuff added to a DCIH Parallax cape. I think my roll of green stuff is getting old because it was REALLY hard to work with this time and it took a while to get it even close to the right shape. I wanted something more similar to the Vision cape collar but I just couldn't get it there.

Hmmm.. I think he needs sleeved arms--unless you wanted it to look he's wearing a sleeveless trench?

that is true. maybe use the Piledriver figure as a base for Bishop's size. Use the Powerman sleeved arms, Captain America or Taskmaster gloved forearms, that awesome trench coat and holsters and a crap load of guns. not sure what head would work though.

ladies and gents - I present to you..... Omega Red!!!!!!

photo-50.jpg

photo-51.jpg

photo-52.jpg

photo-53.jpg

recipe: base - sabretooth (from wolvie motorcycle 2pack)

lower legs - colossus

straps & knee cuffs - apocalypse

tentacles - 5" octo-spidey (toybiz I think)

ponytail - vanko (comic ver.)

hair - heroic age thor

belt insignia - sculpt

not bad, not bad at all...

learned something too,

looked at various arts for him and never realized until now his tentacles came more from his upper arms...dunno why I though it was the wrist.

keep it up.

...as much as I hate fanservice of this type.. good job on the fleshtone.

lol. If it was wrong it wouldn't be called "Fan Service" it would be called 'unpopular perversion'.

And I think we should all fix the mistakes that hasbro is making by not properly portraying how low cut and skimpy these comic book superheroines actually dress. (are drawn)

and don't get me started on 'unrealistic'. I know plenty of women who show 'it' off when they have 'it'. ...and some who show it off regardless...

Yeah, that Holocaust custom is really cool. Excellent paint and parts.

The collar and shoulder drape was green stuff added to a DCIH Parallax cape. I think my roll of green stuff is getting old because it was REALLY hard to work with this time and it took a while to get it even close to the right shape. I wanted something more similar to the Vision cape collar but I just couldn't get it there.

Well, regardless, I like it. Especially the head. Good work.

ladies and gents - I present to you..... Omega Red!!!!!!

recipe: base - sabretooth (from wolvie motorcycle 2pack)

lower legs - colossus

straps & knee cuffs - apocalypse

tentacles - 5" octo-spidey (toybiz I think)

ponytail - vanko (comic ver.)

hair - heroic age thor

belt insignia - sculpt

I like this a lot. There's so much that's done well on your Omega Red. I would consider potentially moving the tentacles down closer to the wrists, but overall this is a good figure. I especially like the head, straps, pads, and belt.

A few pages back I posted a "Blade" custom that was me putting agent J's head on nick fury body for lols.. but I sculpted hair and painted it blacker and it actually looks respectable enough.

Great work on the head- this figure is instantly recognizable as Blade.

WIP. Got the wings installed tonight. The head was intended to be a placeholder and test to see how I liked the pixie hairstyle, but I'm almost tempted to lop off the pony tail and repaint the face.

^Oh, and I like the Blade!

I am totally looking forward to seeing the finished product!