MU Customs

DarthOnyx

@ Shayne

The Doc Strange looks cool.

bearded D-man looks cool. but that wolverine head is not great.

Thanks for the compliments Diabolical. The head on D-Man is actually a Serpentor head with sculpt. Wolverine looks too constipated for D-Man, as he was generall a smiley character. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, do you have any suggestions?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

okay, I made a little picture to show what I am talking about.. Hulk's original leg on the left side of the picture has a seamless transition from top to bottom. His new leg on the right has a sausage effect from the top to the bottom

The Hasbro lower thigh sections taper at the top so that the top thigh section continues the taper up into the hip joint. The Onyx upper thigh extensions would have no choice but to *not* follow the Hasbro lower thigh taper in order to make the upper thigh extension longer and still have some semblance of normal physiology (e.g. not be shaped like a pear).

tl:dr - I don't think what you are asking for is possible without a new lower thigh which would defeat the point of the product.

@ Shayne

The Doc Strange looks cool.

bearded D-man looks cool. but that wolverine head is not great.

Thanks for the compliments Diabolical. The head on D-Man is actually a Serpentor head with sculpt. Wolverine looks too constipated for D-Man, as he was generall a smiley character. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, do you have any suggestions?

if ya didn't like any of the wolverine heads and you're happy with the product then no i don't.

okay, I made a little picture to show what I am talking about.. Hulk's original leg on the left side of the picture has a seamless transition from top to bottom. His new leg on the right has a sausage effect from the top to the bottom

The Hasbro lower thigh sections taper at the top so that the top thigh section continues the taper up into the hip joint. The Onyx upper thigh extensions would have no choice but to *not* follow the Hasbro lower thigh taper in order to make the upper thigh extension longer and still have some semblance of normal physiology (e.g. not be shaped like a pear).

tl:dr - I don't think what you are asking for is possible without a new lower thigh which would defeat the point of the product.

I don't agree the base could be shaved to match better. It might take a new sculpt to do it but I don't see how proper anatomy would force an extension to create a seam with the upper half being noticeably larger. On the right side of the picture especially. it's almost as if the two aren't exactly lined up properly like she-hulk's sculpt. it also looks more snug than the original at the top which is a paint rub concern for me.

Still a w.i.p. The first pic is the more recent.

002.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

that does look better.. more seamless and not too snug looking at the top.

002.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

MUCH better than it was. Beautiful.

i painted my new amazing spiderman line doc ock to look more like the classis doc ock. Just painted the silver gloves, boots and belt yellow.

91FB7B5D-3058-4647-B3A1-6377AF23ADBE-949-000001770718F4E5_zps623fd4d8.jpg

I also made some custom figures of characters from the game Killer INstinct.

6C207F52-56BF-47C9-9940-C5C691CB17E7-949-000001791351D1CD_zpsea5bd116.jpg

2569C509-1113-4A2B-8530-9145EBF1CBE8-949-000001791CD0FADC_zpsae8b2b7a.jpg

I have the worst luck with yellow even over white paint it always looks blotchy. How'd you manage to get it so even looking? Do you thin it? what paint are ya using?

Also that blue painted lizard looks pretty damn awesome.

I have the worst luck with yellow even over white paint it always looks blotchy. How'd you manage to get it so even looking? Do you thin it? what paint are ya using?

Also that blue painted lizard looks pretty damn awesome.

i used acryllic paint and a small brush. These are my first ever customs so i really dont know what im doin lol. The blue lizard is Glacius.

16629593[/url]']

It looks good, very even. If my yellow turned out like that I'd have a lot less stress. I tried citadel brand and then another brand but accidently ordered yellow ink and not paint.

I painted each with acryllic paint from walmart. They have little bottles for 57 cents. For that doc ock, i mixed yellow with a small dab of orange

i've generally not heard good things about walmart paint. with that said your s look good.

I first used the WM stuff in a pinch when I only needed an accent color and it worked well. I have since used it for more base jobs and with a little thinning it works pretty decent. I prefer citadel but for odd colors or mixing custom colors the WM stuff has been useful.

Couple more customs

Ares

IMG_1027.jpgBase - Absorbing Man

Lower Legs - Ultron

Left Arm - Thor

Hands - KMart 3 Pack Captain Britain

Head - Ultimate Magneto, rubber band, Storm's mohawk

Accessories - Rubberbands

Sentry and Norm in the background were simple head swaps with AOT Thor and IM2 Mark 5

Custom Wave 3

IMG_1017.jpg

Blob's (WIP) arms were repositioned and re-formed

Extremis Ironman is a combo of the movie and MU lines

Beast is a modified MLS

Deadpool (WIP) is a straight re-paint

Antman was cut off of a Heroclix

Couple more customs

Ares

IMG_1027.jpgBase - Absorbing Man

Lower Legs - Ultron

Left Arm - Thor

Hands - KMart 3 Pack Captain Britain

Head - Ultimate Magneto, rubber band, Storm's mohawk

Accessories - Rubberbands

Sentry and Norm in the background were simple head swaps with AOT Thor and IM2 Mark 5

That's an awesome Ares. There have been so many good ones but this is the first I've really wanted to do. Plan on changing it up a bit but had to thank you for the inspiration and the great job.

Couple more customs

Ares

That's an awesome Ares. There have been so many good ones but this is the first I've really wanted to do. Plan on changing it up a bit but had to thank you for the inspiration and the great job.

Wow, thank you sir. Yeah, I like him too. And I'd love to see what you come up with!

Ares is a popular custom, when is Hasbro going to learn! I like the re-usage of parts. Sentry's head may be the absolute worst in the line. Thor's head looks much better on him.

you mention deadpool and antman. I didn't see a pic for them.

Ummm, I don't know. The pic's showing up fine for me. Thanks, yeah, that head rules on Sentry