Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

my latest haul! Yes I know we have an "official" haul thread but that thread gets like 1 response a day if that. That said, since I'm constantly getting new stuff in, figured I'd make my own personal haul thread (if that's okay w/ you guys.) I started collecting ML back in April. I had them way back in '04-'06 but sold my entire collection. I've since started over and have built my collection better than it ever was. Out of the entire Toy Biz line, I'm missing now 18 single carded figures (minus the Giant Man series) half of which are from Series 1 (Toad, Hulk, variant Iron Man figs) and Series 2 (everyone but variant Doom & Namor). W/ the pics below, I've got all of the Face Off sets (IM/Mandarin should be here this week!) and now will finish filling in the holes in my Hasbro ML figs & the SMC, XMC & FFC I've missed along the way. (Only need Absorbing Man and I'll be done w/ Hulk Classics!) Once I feel ready, I'll post my entire setup. So....that said, here's a haul from the last 7 days! Mephisto presents....

103_05541.jpg

103_05551.jpg

other than Phasing GR, this officially makes my ML7 set complete. 3 years later, I appreciate that Weapon X more than I ever did way back when!

103_05641.jpg

Maestro pissed me off as I apparently got one that didn't come packaged w/ an arm tube. This angers me. Anyway. Maestro here looks like my father n law. Just green.

103_0606.jpg

Got these two & Vengeance over the weekend in San Antonio. Red cost me $17 because a comic store there was 50% off the store and he was all I needed from their stock. Kinda pissed his shoulder pads seem to have some sun fading. The Variant Widow is alot better than the normal version. She ran me $35 which seemed steep but I figured why go through eBay and deal w/ sniping, shipping, etc when it's RIGHT HERE in front of me. Plus I never had the figure in my original run.

103_0611.jpg

Vengeance was another I never had in my previous run. I solid figure but nothing spectacular.

103_06141.jpg

Didn't like the original Widow then, don't like it now. Terrible face. The Logan is another I didn't have but wish I would have. I really like this figure though I'd love to get a different face for him.

Finally......

103_05671.jpg

This set is great. The Punisher is great, the weapons are great, Jigsaw is.....well....he's alright but he's freakin Jigsaw so I'll take it. Ran me $31 on eBay which is a steal considering what I've seen it go for.

103_05651.jpg

last but not least. As much as this set ran me, I'm not impressed. Mandarin is terrible. War Machine has a bad paint ap. A nice figure but I think I'm looking forward to the modular armor IM which will hopefully be in tomorrow or Thursday.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed. Don't worry, all of these guys (and girls) escaped their plastic prisons shortly after pictures were taken!

My Face Off series is now officially complete but i must say it's a bittersweet completion as the paint on this Iron Man figure, is really sloppy. Nothing that can't be fixed or even noticed from afar but still. Scorpion was a favorite of mine in my first ML go round so I'm glad to have him back as well. Both of these came from the same seller on eBay.

100_0625-1.jpg

100_0626-1.jpg

These 4 beauties are proof of what Hasbro can do when they get off their asses and try. I don't mind repaints, resculpts WHEN THEY WORK and these are figures that it works for. The Nemesis wave is now officially forgiven and out of the new 2 packs, I'm only missing the Invisible Woman/Torch set but I'd really like to get a chance to build up the armies, but all of the TRU around here suck. Hopefully with these selling so well we'll get alot more. Fingers crossed.

100_0687-1.jpg

100_0689-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

had a nice lil monster haul yesterday. I'll include the Gigantic Battle sets since I"l be incorporating the big guys in my ML setup.

101_0133-1.jpg

Had both Shield/Ninja sets already, picked up another. Finally got the 1st FF set at Marshall's for $12.99. That Mr. Fantastic is really, really bad. The other 3 are decent, Torch & Thing being the best but that Reed is terrible.

101_0134-1.jpg

101_0135-1.jpg

Found both of these at a Temple, TX walmart which is hilarious that I was in Austin, TX, went to 4 Wal-Marts and didn't even see a shelf sticker for them, instead I find em in my own town.

101_0136-1.jpg

Finally got my hands on the 1st MU Wolverine. Looks like a massive re-release as others have said as there were figures of everyone except Bullseye. When I say I saw every MU figure yesterday, I mean it, all the way up to wave 5. Except for Bullseye.

Throwing this pic in just for fun.

101_0140-1.jpg

Plan to get 2 more sets of the shield/ninja sets so I can have 4 of each color and then probably 2 more IM/Carter sets as I want the females, just have no use for the extra Iron Man figs....