Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Cheap prices over at Amazon for Wave 3 (whole wave around $9 a piece) http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classic-Legen...g=vglnkc7433-20

I need to learn to wait!!!!!

I saw that... Picked up US Agent and Doom since I was on the fence about them... I am guessing the "running changes" aren't out yet... I don't see any on EBay...

• 2 weeks later...

The LCS in Orlando close to my job has a lot of current Marvel Legends and Toybiz Marvel Legends also. PM me if there are any you are looking for and I can check and see what he is selling them for. If you want something, it will be whatever the LCS cost plus shipping (and maybe a couple bucks for my time and gas). I mainly collect MU figures, so if you got some for trade, we can work something out too.

The LCS in Orlando close to my job has a lot of current Marvel Legends and Toybiz Marvel Legends also. PM me if there are any you are looking for and I can check and see what he is selling them for. If you want something, it will be whatever the LCS cost plus shipping (and maybe a couple bucks for my time and gas). I mainly collect MU figures, so if you got some for trade, we can work something out too.

Dang! you drive from Lutz to Orlando for work? Hope you got some books on tape or something to pass that time. If so, you'll have a PhD or two with all the "reading" you'll get done on the drive. Hope whatever job you've got is worth all that.

• 6 months later...

Awesome! Rescue and movie War Machine! Jubilee! Flash Venom! Songbird! Masters of Evil (Tigershark, Radioactive Man, Blizzard, Batroc)!! Thunderbolts Punisher! Uncanny Avengers Thor!

And then some previously announced figures that hopefully will see the light of day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Thunderbolts set in the mail today! Sucker is HUGE!

Figure by figure:

Crossbones is not anything significantly different to me from the previous release, which I also own, but his huge weapon is really cool. Paint apps look nice also.

Ghost is a character I'm not familiar with, but did some reading up on Wikipedia, and he sounds pretty cool. Figure was really well executed. I don't know the full story about why he comes with two alternate heads, but I chose the streamlined one that looks more like a head with no face than the one that looks like a helmet.

Luke Cage has been a long time coming, so I was really hyped about him but he's a little underwhelming, somewhat to do with poseability. Maybe it's the costume choice that I'm not vibing with. But I'm relieved to finally own this character! He'll end up with my Avengers, or bridging the Avengers and Thunderbolts when I'm done rearranging my collection.

Satana/Judith Chambers is another one I'm not familiar with at all, but fascinated to read on Wikipedia that she's a succubus. LOL. Should note that while she is known as Satana, and billed with this set as Judith Chambers, Wikipedia says her alias is Judith Camber. But most importantly there are no character names listed ANYWHERE on this packaging, so we can call her Lola, if we want. With no attachment to the character, I'm more excited to see that her hand sculpts would make this a great base for a remake of Scarlet Witch. But I'm always a fan of getting more female characters and obviously she's a little more obscure than would make it to retail stores. Very nicely executed. Looking at the face, it appears she's the same exact face as Moonstone with a different paint job and hair sculpt glued on. How economical.

Moonstone is my favorite, as I imagine she will be for everyone else here, for her simplicity and clean design. The pearlescent plastic choice is top notch, paint apps are pretty good with the gold touches, except for a few misses in the nooks and crannies. Hair sculpt is nice and full and flowy. New body sculpt is curvaceous and JUST bulky and strong enough looking. Face sculpt is pretty. My only gripe... I WANT A DARK MS. MARVEL VARIANT!

I'm mingling in my Marvel Select Juggernaut and ML Hyperion to fill out the lineup.

The best bonus is the packaging, which is very clean and simply the exterior of the Thunderbolts tower except for some logos at the bottom which are blocked if you pose the figures in front of it. It definitely adds a level to the display possibilities to have them charging away from their base of operations!

All-in-all, I have NO complaints here about the Thunderbolts. GET THEM however you need to!