Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Yeah I hate when they do that. Emma frost (puck series)wasnt even available for "indivudual" sale. You have to buy the whole set for way extra... Then later its listed at 75 bucks just for the whore!!!. Black widow is like that too, its like going for 64 bucks now.

MY recommendation would be too just buy the whole set cause you can already see that rocket racoon and nova are gonna be the ones that scalpers will try to get over on us.

Mark my words on this, the new storm coming out from the xmen series will be just like Emma frost and black widow aka whores who are too pricey!!! Lol.

Picked up my Rocket Raccoon and Nova on eBay two days ago for $30 and $35 respectively, no shipping fee on Rocket and shipping included in the Nova total. Sadly I felt like I lucked out cause I got each for less than $40, and it SO shouldn't be that way, lol. But always look around, I hate those inflated prices on select characters.

Yea it's sad. I picked up Cyclops and Sabretooth from the Puck series for $20 each and they wanted $50 for Frost. They don't hide the fact that it's because they are rarer. I managed to haggle down the store to $40 because the box was damaged but it's just ridiculous. I've resorted to just buying them online now because the major retailers buy one set and the scalpers get them all at once and the comic book stores jack up the price. It's always been like that though. Nothing we can do really.

I'm in Mexico for a relative's funeral.

We were watching a World Cup game at my cousin's house, and they showed a GOTG Legends commercial!

It was actually a spot for the movie and other merchandise, but they did show the wave in their packages.

Going to try to check Walmart to see what kind of stuff they carry down here.

Dragonkings is correct, there are a LOT of vendors selling figs, but I have a cautionary tale about that. A couple years back I went into this booth that had Arkham Asylum Bane for $35. Me, hating paying more than about 15% over retail for most any figure, decides to shop around, confident I could at least get that deal if not better somewhere else. I'm sure you can guess what happened. I went through every other vendor's booth but didn't even see another Bane, let alone beat the price at the first guy. So we're all exhausted (believe me, it's EXHAUSTING) but I figure I'll swing back around the first guy's booth and snag that Bane. I stupidly didn't note the name of the shop and by that point we were all largely disoriented (it's HUGE) and I never did find that guy again.

Now that Bane goes for well over $100, which is much better than the $300 high-water mark it once reached, but still ridiculous. Eventually I got the Bane/Batman 2-pack so everything worked out in the long run.

TL;DR: If you find something that you really want and it represents decent value even if slightly above what you really hoped to pay, nab it.

So apparently they have tons of the Winter Soldier first wave down here in Mexico.

I know that the demand isn't nearly the same as it is in the states, but I'm surprised how much better they promote it.

2dtriac.jpg

This is at a toy store in Guadalajara.

As you can see, there are at least 12 figures there, and the entire display had four shelves. More than 50 legends in one place.

Even at Wal-Mart, they had a tv playing the first movie, with a shelf of about 20-30 figures beneath it.

I've never seen a Wal-Mart in California with more than two pegs for a wave.

It looks like the 2nd wave hasn't made it here yet. If I can't find a Black Widow, I'll probably pick up a few extra AIM soldiers for a possible trade.

Swung by Toys R Us in Times Square NYC today after noon, and someone ahead of me found and picked up two Black Cat figures. Dug into the Captain America figures and found one Black Widow the first I've seen "in the wild", so I picked it up, despite already having got one online when they first were released. Now I have one with the Avengers head, and one with the Winter Soldier movie head. Couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I have most of the Marks of armor from movie Iron Man (think I'm missing Mark I and II) the main armor he wore through each Iron Man movie and Avengers, helmeted and unhelmeted Thor, War Machine and Iron Patriot, WWII Cap, Avengers Cap, and Winter Soldier Cap... plus of course Winter Soldier, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Hulk, and Loki. Got all versions of the 6" movie Avengers figures available through the last MCU movie released. Wish they produced a movie Falcon, I feel like that's a major hole in the collection. Also wish they released that movie Mandarin, and a movie Red Skull figure.