Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Thanos Imperative now up. Good luck.

Managed to snag one, shipped to Canada for $152, which includes the standard $32 shipping and some custom taxes. Sigh. Better alternative than Ebay.

COMIC2014 didn't work for me... I tried it twice. Either it's not applicable to Canadian buyers, or SDCC exclusives cannot have discounts applied to them.

Received my eBay-purchased Thanos Imperative set today!

First impressions:

Box is a little more difficult to open, lots of flaps and slots, and window packaging that slides and wing flaps that fold out. I'm not attached to the story this is based on, so it's an annoyance for me to struggle to free these figures that are awesome characters...

Black Bolt: MUCH better body sculpt and better scaled to the ML figures being released these days. I'm relieved that they remade him and that he was released this way, because it just gets this out of the way for me. Of all remakes that COULD happen, this is one I wanted to see. I need Vision and Guardian remade, PRONTO.

Star-Lord: The figure is comic accurate and crucial to Guardians of the Galaxy. Can't wait to put him with the rest of my GOTG comic set. We need those Gamoras and Groots soon!

Medusa: As expected, the weight of the hair makes her a little bobble-head-y. I like the body, like the costume, like the sculpt and look of her. But what can you do? I'm leaning her against something right now, wonder if her hair reaches the floor to prop her up or if she's always going to be looking skyward.

Gladiator: I've been luke-warm about this character, but glad to see him produced all the same. I know he's been on a lot of wish lists and his sculpt is solid. His head doesn't seem to sit on his neck right, but it's not really noticeable if you just pose him and leave it.

Blastaar: He looks ENTIRELY like Lobo, like someone else said on the board before. Between the gauntlets and spikes and pads everywhere... It's almost funny. Actually he reminds me of a cross between Lobo and Kalibak. Good use of the Avengers Movie Hulk base body, though. You can barely tell based on his design. He definitely would have been a BAF if he was released differently. He's as big as the SHIELD Mandroid. Technically taller, since the Mandroid's head is set inside its body.

Overall: GREAT set, all essential characters, and solid sculpt and designs. Lots of metallic colors all over all of them, too, which makes them look even snazzier. I'm sure a lot of you will be pleased when you receive these guys and bust them open!

P.S. Shouldn't Drax be a lot bigger? I'm really just going off his portrayal in the movie, but his comic figure looks downright puny, particularly with this Star-Lord release.

Well I canceled a duplicate order.

What happened was, the magic garruk Axe was not up immediately but I thought to get the imperative set as insurance.

Half an hour later, the garruk set came up and, to save on shipping, I reordered the ML set with it. So I canceled the previous order. However, by the time I got it canceled, the imperative was still sold out online and has yet to be resupplied.

For those who missed it, do not fret. They will come back. I'll try my best to post notifications.

I got my order of 6 figures $14.99 for 3 and $8.99 for the other 3 (buy one get 1 40% off).

Local TRU didn't have any Jubilee wave, but I did pick up the Star Wars Deluxe Speeder Bikes at TRU and Target this morning.

I missed the Walgreen preorder for the Star Wars Black Series 6" Boba Fett Protoype suit.

I got my order of 6 figures $14.99 for 3 and $8.99 for the other 3 (buy one get 1 40% off).

Local TRU didn't have any Jubilee wave, but I did pick up the Star Wars Deluxe Speeder Bikes at TRU and Target this morning.

I missed the Walgreen preorder for the Star Wars Black Series 6" Boba Fett Protoype suit.

Nice man! Did you order via Paypal or credit card? My Paypal order was straight up canceled. I did the same thing (ordered 6; 3 for $14.99 and and 3 for $8.99). Never got a confirmation email or a cancellation email...just a canceled notice on my Paypal acount.

Nice man! Did you order via Paypal or credit card? My Paypal order was straight up canceled. I did the same thing (ordered 6; 3 for $14.99 and and 3 for $8.99). Never got a confirmation email or a cancellation email...just a canceled notice on my Paypal acount.

American express and TRU gift cards. I did get immediate confirmation emails on the order.

I did the exact same order for same price and received all my X-men Legends today. However, I'm highly dubious, cuz even though my invoice shows correct discounted price, my rewards account shows I'm being charged $15.49 for every other one instead of $8.99. But my actual credit card hasn't been charged yet, so I'm waiting to see how it works out.

Well!! I just noticed a charge of $52.64 yesterday from Toys R Us! Not sure what to expect...the original total was $78.95. Really hoping they aren't just sending me the 3 that are in stock now (Wolverine, Stryfe and Cyclops).

I think the duplicates that I ordered were Stryfe and Storm. Not too sure since I didn't log in to my TRU account; just did it quick via PayPal. I think my order was supposed to be 2 Stryfe, 2 Storm, Magneto and Cyclops.

After crunching the numbers with Tennessee tax...I think what I may be receiving is my order minus duplicates. Two at $15 each, two at $9 each. Comes up to $52.44.

I need to remember to log in to the sites I order from!

Well!! I just noticed a charge of $52.64 yesterday from Toys R Us! Not sure what to expect...the original total was $78.95. Really hoping they aren't just sending me the 3 that are in stock now (Wolverine, Stryfe and Cyclops).

I think the duplicates that I ordered were Stryfe and Storm. Not too sure since I didn't log in to my TRU account; just did it quick via PayPal. I think my order was supposed to be 2 Stryfe, 2 Storm, Magneto and Cyclops.

After crunching the numbers with Tennessee tax...I think what I may be receiving is my order minus duplicates. Two at $15 each, two at $9 each. Comes up to $52.44.

I need to remember to log in to the sites I order from!

You can use your order number and zipcode to check order status on the TRU website.

Tru should have given you an order #.

Go to their website and under "track orders" plug in the order # and your zip code and it should tell you which figures they sent. Not explicitly, but they are coded numbers.

What's odd for my order is, the item numbers they sent (only three out of 6 were sent so far) begin with the number 1. Every reference here the item numbers begin with 3. How curious.

I got the same message about the order not being found so I emailed customer service. They replied within a day and said they did have the order but it was on hold until manufacturer release (This was about a month ago). In the end I received all my figs so it worked out. I would suggest emailing customer service.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/captain-america-marvel-legends-variety-pack?BR=820&SBR=452&ID=33709

Pretty nice set. $18.75 each at least for all figures. Plus shipping of course. Not a bad deal nonetheless. You get one of each of the army builders, though I fail to see why Winter Soldier is double packed.

I have the whole set already, plus 4 of each of the soldiers... so not gonna bother with this one. But those still looking for it, stay tuned. It's "coming soon."

EDIT: IT'S ALREADY UP. THAT WAS FAST.

For that Captain America assortment, instead of double-packing Winter Soldier, I would have preferred an EXCLUSIVE Movie Falcon figure OR for them to release the comic Batroc the Leaper with this group. That would have had me buying the whole damn set just for that one exclusive figure and a chance to get another pair of the army builders and build another Mandroid.

But without a new figure, it's a no-go for me.