Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Found two Thundras at Walgreens. At $19.99, that's the best price I've seen them at. My TRUs charge $21.99, and NY comic book stores have been charging $24.99... I would have bought every figure of the Hulkbuster wave at Walgreens if they had more than Thundra.

Got the Age of Ultron 4pack from Amazon. The likenesses look really good having the figures live in my hand. Feels like Thor is the best "get" from this set, since he is so massive and brand new with so much detail in the sculpt.

I like the updated hair and lip color on Black Widow, and the minor sculpt updates are cute also.

Bruce Banner is one of those figures we'd never get any other way, so I appreciate him, and the Mark Ruffalo likeness, but the way he is packaged one leg is curved to a really awkward degree. Gotta see what I can do to fix that. How long do the hair dryer methods usually take?

Hawkeye doesn't have much in the way of updates, except the goggle-less face, which I think improves his likeness. I have to go back and compare but at first glance I thought his legs might be different...

The one weird thing is that the movie Hulk and Captain America had the new "A" Avengers logo somewhere on their costumes, yet I can't find these logos on any of the team members released in this boxed set, and particularly Widow and Hawkeye look weird in their costume details with blank black emblems where the SHIELD logo used to be. I would think the "A" logo would replace it, but guess not. Is this a miss, or were the logos a non-accurate detail added on Cap and Hulk?

First pic on my new iPhone. Don't normally buy doubles, never mind triples, but three different and brand new characters make it worth it.

12079237_947456991991096_484744480576341

Still hunting for two more Chameleons to do the same.

The Target 3 pack is indeed in full effect! The rumors are true though that they're (for the most part) keeping them in the back because they're trying to hold out for holiday shopping (a pipe dream when you're dealing with collectors and......scalpers). Bring them the DPCI (087-06-1200...YUP, SAME AS THE LAST ONE) and they'll retrieve it from the back, then take it to customer service, show them the online price ($28.50), and RUN (before they realize it's a leftover from the last 3 pack)! Not to mention all Marvel Legends are on sale at Target right now ($17.99/$18.99).

That ends my 2015 run (I just can't bring myself to pay $99 for Rescue. Speaking of which, just wait until that 1st fool spends a hun for it on eBay when they couild've gotten it, plus more for the same Benny Franky). Just like earlier this year, I'll post a photo of my entire haul displayed a lil later.

An interchangeable necktie or running change black or grey or pinstripe suit would go a long way to making these characters (Chameleon/Hammerhead/JJJ) look more different and displayable in the same collection together.

I like it, Hasbro must do this! For now though I'm content with what we've got.

Good lookin out Rukkdeez! My local Target didn't have the 3 pack in stock but another close by did. They had 4 in the back when I called but by the time I got there (45 min later) only had 1 left. Must've put them out on the shelf or an employee hoarded them all for themselves. They did do the price match no problem though so it was well worth the trip through the rain. A few other stores in my area showed them in stock too so I might go out tomorrow to try and grab another set.

I'd like to get the Rescue figure as well but I'm still on the fence about subscribing to Marvel Unlimited. I read mixed reviews about the service. Anyone here have it and have any opinions to help me decide?

Good lookin out Rukkdeez! My local Target didn't have the 3 pack in stock but another close by did. They had 4 in the back when I called but by the time I got there (45 min later) only had 1 left. Must've put them out on the shelf or an employee hoarded them all for themselves. They did do the price match no problem though so it was well worth the trip through the rain. A few other stores in my area showed them in stock too so I might go out tomorrow to try and grab another set.

I'd like to get the Rescue figure as well but I'm still on the fence about subscribing to Marvel Unlimited. I read mixed reviews about the service. Anyone here have it and have any opinions to help me decide?

I use a friend's and it's okay but you pay for the new issues otherwise it's like reading the collected editions 6 months or so after the single issues were released. Example I haven't read any of the secret Wars stuff because i refuse to pay $5 for 22 pages. So I have to wait till they post them to read for free. Not all of the old stuff is available as you'd think it would be. But I have found stuff in the last 5 years or so that I've missed.

Not a prob! We're in this together. About Rescue, it IS tugging at me the notion I'm letting a Legend slip. I'm a neurotic completionist!

I use a friend's and it's okay but you pay for the new issues otherwise it's like reading the collected editions 6 months or so after the single issues were released. Example I haven't read any of the secret Wars stuff because i refuse to pay $5 for 22 pages. So I have to wait till they post them to read for free. Not all of the old stuff is available as you'd think it would be. But I have found stuff in the last 5 years or so that I've missed.

Ok I see. It may be worth it for me since I haven't really read anything since the early 90s. I'd like to get a little caught up but don't need anything too current and certainly wouldn't pay $5 an issue for it. Thanks for the info!

And Rukkdeez, I'm right there with you on Rescue. I'm not even familiar with the character but I know it'll drive me nuts later if I miss out! Almost pulled the trigger twice but that $99 smacked me back down to earth.

Since the Legends are on sale on Target.com but unavailable and says in stores only, I got a huge deal. Most are going for around $12 and up and they more than were willing to match it at the register when i showed them the site on my phone. I didn't find the rest of my Hulkbuster but I went back and got some of the Ant Man wave I was stalling on. the Hulkbuster wave are $12.23 each!

Still no luck tracking down the Avengers Target Exclusive Hulk/Vision/Ultron 3pack.

I did try to track down the Walgreens exclusive 1st Appearance Daredevil today. Looking at the website he was currently unavailable for purchase online. They did give me three store locations where the figure was listed as IN STOCK, all within walking distance from my apartment.

Went to the first location, which wasn't a Walgreens, but their affiliate, Duane Reade. They had a handful of ML figures but no exclusives. Marvel NOW Iron Man, War Machine...

Went on to the second location, also a Duane Reade. Dr. Strange, Marvel NOW Iron Man, one Valkyrie. Still a handful of MLs, no exclusives.

Went onto the third location, also a Duane Reade. Blizzard, Vision, Dr. Strange, Marvel NOW Iron Man... Behind one ML Spider-Girl, I saw the name Daredevil on the bottom of a package. But it was a standard Red costume DD. I did, however, find the Exclusive Eric O'Grady Ant-Man/Black Ant figure, which was my first sighting of that, so I snapped that up. Guess I can't just check Walgreens, but need to look into Duane Reade's toy aisles also for these exclusives...

Still no luck tracking down the Avengers Target Exclusive Hulk/Vision/Ultron 3pack.

I did try to track down the Walgreens exclusive 1st Appearance Daredevil today. Looking at the website he was currently unavailable for purchase online. They did give me three store locations where the figure was listed as IN STOCK, all within walking distance from my apartment.

Went to the first location, which wasn't a Walgreens, but their affiliate, Duane Reade. They had a handful of ML figures but no exclusives. Marvel NOW Iron Man, War Machine...

Went on to the second location, also a Duane Reade. Dr. Strange, Marvel NOW Iron Man, one Valkyrie. Still a handful of MLs, no exclusives.

Went onto the third location, also a Duane Reade. Blizzard, Vision, Dr. Strange, Marvel NOW Iron Man... Behind one ML Spider-Girl, I saw the name Daredevil on the bottom of a package. But it was a standard Red costume DD. I did, however, find the Exclusive Eric O'Grady Ant-Man/Black Ant figure, which was my first sighting of that, so I snapped that up. Guess I can't just check Walgreens, but need to look into Duane Reade's toy aisles also for these exclusives...

I just ordered First appearance Daredevil online. I ordered 2 to get the free shipping, so I can either trade the 2nd or return it to the store and get refunded but still have free shipping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more Chameleons came in from Amazon today, finally have bodies for the Hammerhead and JJJ heads! Out of three Chameleons, the first one received over a month ago the paint on the Jameson and Hamerhead heads was really spotty. I picked the best out of the three pairs but even those could use some touch up.

All complaning aside it feels good to have them both. Also got a 3 pack Ultron, snagged for a decent price off ebay. It's the only figure I wanted from the set. I really like the figure, probably the best Ultron we have in ML. I know a lot of people want a classic one, but this one will do for me.

• 2 weeks later...