Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-Ordered the Absorbing Man wave from BBTS, they've got a December 2015 release date on it.

They normally give inaccurate release dates, just FYI. I pre-order a lot of stuff with them. I pre-ordered it as well and if amazon gets it first, I just cancel my BBTS order. BBTS gets enough of my money as it is.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean, not my first time with BBTS, just more of an announcement for the general cause. To be honest I wouldn't mind if they didn't ship until the end of January. Hard to keep the hobby going around the holidays and all.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my BBTS order in today, awesome wave, I have to say I like all of the figures, even though there were only a few that my collection needed. Big thing to watch out for on Venom everyone is that the teeth on the closed mouth might not all be painted. Only half the teeth on mine were painted, it's a pretty bad looking thing to be honest. Other than that though the wave's a good one, I really like Spider-Gwen, Morbius, and Ben Reilly as Spider-Carnage. Plus if you add a Hope Summers cape to Jack O' Lantern he looks just like he did in Remender's Venom series

post-51980-0-10817100-1451516424_thumb.jpg

post-51980-0-98694800-1451516431_thumb.jpg

post-51980-0-98617900-1451516440_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Received my order of the Spidey/Absorbing Man wave from BBTS! They're amazing! I'll review in preference order from average to favorite.

Morbius: I never picked up the old school one cause it looked a crazy mess. This one looks much better and I like the swappable capes. Very standard body, but a good serviceable figure. Glad it's made and out of the way!

Spider-Gwen: This was one of the more underwhelming figures to me and I'm surprised because I was looking forward to her very much. I think the body is less detailed than I guess I anticipated. The Gwen head is the redeeming factor for me, and I'm probably going to display her with that more, although I like the hooded/masked version in how it was executed.

Speed Demon: This guy is well executed and exactly what I would expect from him for sculpt and design. Like the gold trim and glad it wasn't done in yellow. Looks awesome with Boomerang and Beetle!

Sensational Spider-Man/Spider-Carnage: I'm SO glad that every costume is being redone on the same body, it makes tons of sense and sets a new clean standard of Spider-Man figures. For some odd reason I had an additional right wall-crawling hand floating around in the package, so I have two of those. I wasn't short any other hand, so some package out there is missing one, LOL, sorry about it. The costume is a sharp looking variant from the traditional spider costume, and the Carnage parts are a great option to have. Super happy about that.

Venom: Very satisfied with the new Venom, and I like the "non-tongue" head for display. Perfect, classic Venom, the way I remember him from when I was growing up collecting trading cards. Wouldn't have minded an Eddie Brock head with this figure also. But we can't have it all, I guess.

Silvermane R/C Car: LMAO, coolest and most random accessory I think I've ever seen in my entire life, but I love it. And not because I read comics (I don't anymore), but because the head pops off and can be used to create a Silvermane figure if you put it on the Ultron body from the 3pack (Hulk/Vision). I got the idea from ShartimusPrime, and never even bought this Ultron figure, but as soon as he mentioned and showed it in his review, I HAD to buy it, cause it works so perfectly and the metal color looks like it matches exactly! I almost think it was a secret plan from Hasbro and if it was, it was brilliant, a way to get a whole additional character produced just by offering this head as an accessory on a remote control car. LOL!

Beetle: I'm still holding out for a classic Beetle figure, but this one looks awesome and it's contemporary. The new torso piece looks great, paint apps and color combination is slick, and the simple head sculpt still manages to be menacing. Those pink wings are begging to be customized into a Pixie figure! Someone get on it! Her entire sculpt just lends itself to some awesome flight poses and battle poses, love the outstretched fingers... can't say enough great things about Beetle! Want a new Shocker and Overdrive to complete this team!

Jack O'Lantern: So I'm not the biggest fan of the sculpt from when it was released as Ghost, I felt like it was too scrawny, gangly, weak-looking. But with this paint on him, the earth tones, the AWE-INSPIRING head sculpt with flames coming out of the eyes and the cool accessories of the translucent pumpkin bomb, flaming broomstick, and sickle blade... a winning combination. Second favorite of the whole wave and

Absorbing Man: WOW. Just WOW. Sculpt is massive. Detail (down to the bulging veins in his chest) is astounding. Face is expressive without being stupid (both of them!). Where he really excels are the optional parts displaying his powers. As per ShartimusPrime, the wrecking ball accessory doesn't match his metal arm, BUT the ball that was released with the Wrecking Crew (Piledriver/Thunderball) is the same sculpt with a paint wash that actually matches, AND if you bought both Wrecking Crew figures (who didn't?) then you have a spare wrecking ball to give to Absorbing Man! Win! The wood arm looks awesome, makes me want to have him fight with Groot. The rock arm and alternate head look great too. ONE thing I still feel like I'm missing is the standard "human" right arm for him, but I can get over it because that's the arm that grips the wrecking ball and I wouldn't display him without the weapon. For now I'm displaying him with just the metal arm and human everything else, so as not to overkill on his power display. But the options are just epic. Another touchdown by Hasbro! And another worthy inclusion for the Masters of Evil that has been slowly building!

Cap wave seems to plentiful at TRU, check back in a week. I snatched the first set they put out, then this week they had 2 more sets on the shelf

After reading this, I figured I'd stop by TRU on the way to work just to see but had no expectations since my store takes forever to stock anything. To my shock, I found the whole wave except Whirlwind. I asked an employee if he could check in back for me since there were 2 Caps on the pegs and he said he had just put them out right before I got there and that's all there was. I doubted that case had 2 Caps and no Whirlwind but I didn't push the matter. I was thrilled to score what I did. After, I decided to check Walmart. No Cap wave there but they did have most of the newest Spidey wave. I decided to hold off and wait for my pre-order to come in though. Tried Target after that but nothing. I'm really happy about finding (most of) this Cap wave today. Completely unexpected. Actually, I picked up a Select Mephisto a few days ago as well so it's been a great week all around.