Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Can't wait to start seeing the new wave of Cap figures hitting stores. I found a Taskmaster today, was impressed with the figure in hand, so despite my initial reservations I picked it up completing the wave.

At my local comic book store in Manhattan NY, they received the new Civil War wave. The only figure I wasn't fortunate enough to catch was Black Panther. The first day I went, they had two of each of the other characters. I picked up Nick Fury first. Went back today and picked up the other four, and they were the last units on the shelf. I have to keep checking back for Black Panther.

Surprise of the wave for me: Giant Man's head (packaged with Captain America). The eyes of the helmet are translucent and you can see his eyes/face through the lenses of the mask. That was a really cool detail and adds a LOT to the figure for me. Also love the texture in the Giant-Man sculpt. Without Black Panther, my Giant-Man doesn't have a leg to stand on (haha), so I am eager to not just nab that Panther, but also to complete awesome Giant-Man.

Disappointment of the wave: Unmasked heads. I like the alternates we get with Nuke and Fury, but oddly missing the movie figures (like Cap/IM) not having unmasked alternates. Especially when we've gotten the Steve Rogers head twice before and it's not needed to update, but IM could do with a completely new unhelmeted Tony Stark head. I was getting used to this being the new normal, so having these figures without seems off to me. And kinda missing Cap's pointing and saluting hands also! At least Black Panther will have his unmasked head as the new character. Guess the budget was skimped a bit for this wave.

Great News!! The old SHIELD bodies work with the new Nick Fury and Dirk Anger and helmeted heads! They're all compatible!

I think I'll use the new Nick Fury and a couple more with the helmeted heads as First Response Troopers, and then the other old bodies as backup. The blues are only slightly different. I'm hesitant about Dirk Anger having SHIELD patches on his shoulder and don't know what to do with that particular head... hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

got Giant-Man wave! I didn't think I would like this wave as much as I do, but it's pretty solid. I need another Iron Man like I need a hole in the head, but this Iron Man is a great scale and sculpt. Ant-Man and Black Panther are the highlights, though. Only negative is that each wave needs at least one female character, IMO.

post-50880-0-57711500-1462231704_thumb.jpg

post-50880-0-60006200-1462231770_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My wife went grocery shopping last night and surprised me by grabbing me Mockingbird. :biggrin: Apparently our WalMart finally got the Onslaught wave and the Rhino wave. She would have got me White Tiger since our 5 year old is a huge fan of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and would have loved to see her on my desk but didn't have enough to get both.

Got the Avengers 3-pack today!

These figures look pretty good. Joints are a little rubbery, but the paint application is great. I'm always a fan of new characters getting figures and this Hawkeye is most welcome. I didn't need a new Vision as I have the Hulkbuster version, "old" collared hasbro version, clear ToyBiz version, and the White 3-pack Infinite version, but this one is also a good all-around figure. Sam Wilson needs some wings, which I may add later, but the face sculpt and paint are great. See pics for details.

Now, to me, my X-Men Legends!

post-50880-0-91580300-1464144968_thumb.jpg

post-50880-0-01926800-1464144983_thumb.jpg

These figures look pretty good. Joints are a little rubbery, but the paint application is great. I'm always a fan of new characters getting figures and this Hawkeye is most welcome. I didn't need a new Vision as I have the Hulkbuster version, "old" collared hasbro version, clear ToyBiz version, and the White 3-pack Infinite version, but this one is also a good all-around figure. Sam Wilson needs some wings, which I may add later, but the face sculpt and paint are great. See pics for details.

DAMMIT!! Looks like I have to get this 3-pack. Your pics sealed it.

DAMMIT!! Looks like I have to get this 3-pack. Your pics sealed it.

Glad I could help!

I would not have been as interested in it except I freakin love Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series.

I received an email from HTS this morning informing me Fury was in stock. Had him in my cart 3 times but couldn't pull the trigger. If only I could've found some more things I wanted in time to get free shipping but he was gone after about 3 min.

On the bright side, I just picked up Thunderball at a toy show for $15 to complete my Wrecking Crew.

There may be one possible explanation as to why Civil War wave 2 is taking so long to show up in the brick and mortars; I've seen here in my area, every Target, Walmart and TRU (not to mention Walgreens) have pegs filled with past waves (Civil War wave 1, Absorbing Man, Red Skull, Rhino, Allfather and even some remnants of the Mandroid wave). And when I say filled, I mean loaded. A lot of stores have policies regarding this and some may not even order any because it appears as though the line isn't selling, when in reality the reason is because most of the collectors getting their product from retail have what they want already. And the stores won't place the figures that aren't selling on clearance. They simply remain until they get purchased...if ever. The other thing could also be this: It seems to me that Hasbro is making more figures in a wave run and the pegs have become saturated with all of the above mentioned waves.This could merely be in my area (San Diego). Do any of you see this where you shop? If not, what are your ideas on the matter? I ask because I have my Civil War wave 2 set, but I want to army build S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers, and it's been about a month since I got wave 2.

I've been on the lookout for Wave 2 of Civil War and have only seen it in one store (a comic/record chain) here in Boston. They overpriced them, so I didn't even bother picking them up. Otherwise, I'm seeing the same thing as you. Pegs FILLED with much older waves. Stores won't order any if they're still sitting on old stock.

Just trying to get one Nick Fury. Probably going to have to keep an eye out on Amazon or TRU online.

I'm putting this post under this thread because it looks like we're going to see massive sightings very soon! That's what I want to talk about. From all indications, THREE waves are coming out next month. I know I'm one of the people here who speak out against the incessant whining and complaining, but I think this bears mentioning; 3 waves within the same time frame is going to kill a lot of collectors! Think about it: the X-Men wave has 8 figures. If you're fortunate enough to get them at a B&M, they'll run from $19.99-22.99 plus tax(here in California it's aprox 8.5%). That's about $172 and change. The Spider-Man wave has 6 and the Cap wave will also have 6. Now I understand not everyone wants everyTHING, but for those that do, we're talking over $400!!!! If you buy cases, that may bring it down to around the $360 range (plus shipping) and you get extra unwanted figures. Now I, myself will be able to get them all (I buy wholesale), but even then that'll be a nice hit to my wallet (and I always double up on my cases. One to display/one to store), but what about those who can't do that? I know we all want Hasbro to put out...well...LOTS of Legends...BUT NOT ALL AT ONCE!!! Also keep in mind San Diego Comic-con is next month and they'll have some exclusive that'll be over $100 as well (I know most won't get these but it still adds fuel to the "I missed out" fire). It's one thing if you just can't find a figure and you miss out. It's another thing entirely (and I believe far worse) if the friggin' things are right in front of you and you miss out because you can't get them all. And the torture will be...YOU'LL HAVE TO CHOOSE WHICH GET LEFT ON THE PEGS!!! I know I pontificated big time here, but I truly feel this is going to be a burden (financially, emotionally or both) for a lot of our fellow collectors, and despite our differing opinions, the one thing we all have in common is our love for these figures. Please share your thoughts on this (thanks for putting up with me).

PS: Speaking of SDCC, has anyone heard anything about what this year's exclusive(s) will be? The news is usually out by now.