Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

There may be one possible explanation as to why Civil War wave 2 is taking so long to show up in the brick and mortars; I've seen here in my area, every Target, Walmart and TRU (not to mention Walgreens) have pegs filled with past waves (Civil War wave 1, Absorbing Man, Red Skull, Rhino, Allfather and even some remnants of the Mandroid wave). And when I say filled, I mean loaded. A lot of stores have policies regarding this and some may not even order any because it appears as though the line isn't selling, when in reality the reason is because most of the collectors getting their product from retail have what they want already. And the stores won't place the figures that aren't selling on clearance. They simply remain until they get purchased...if ever. The other thing could also be this: It seems to me that Hasbro is making more figures in a wave run and the pegs have become saturated with all of the above mentioned waves.This could merely be in my area (San Diego). Do any of you see this where you shop? If not, what are your ideas on the matter? I ask because I have my Civil War wave 2 set, but I want to army build S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers, and it's been about a month since I got wave 2.

I have seen the same thing in my area and have the same theory. Thats why I just went ahead and bought Black Panther and Nick Fury off the internet for 35.00 a piece. I really wanted these figures. I bought Namor as well off of Ebay and preordered the whole X-Men wave from some site with Ultimate Spidey, Hobgoblin, Electro, and Ashley Barton Spidey. I am not going to take any chances. I hope stores don't start canceling their orders of this line saying they are not selling due to overstock of older figures. I hate to see ML go the same way as Marvel Universe. I have seen Walmart try to clearance out the first wave of Avengers figures but they are still there. I broke down and bought an original looking Hawkeye figure for 16.00 when they did.

Target is making an effort this week to clear out the pegwarmers. They have a 50% off Avengers/Captain America Marvel Legends discount this week in their Cartwheel. Cartwheel is a mobile app you install, then you go through the list for Toys, Movies, etc. and add the offers you're planning to buy to your "cartwheel," and then have the cashier scan the app's bar code when you check out to get the discount. You can also set all that up on desktop and print out the bar code to scan.

Note that it only works on 4 items per offer in a single purchase, but you can use it in 6 separate purchases per day. So you can get at most 24 figures per day with the discount if you split up your purchases.

The offer doesn't work on Spidey nor on 4" figures...just on Avengers/Captain America ML. But that will be any and all Avengers/Captain America waves from Winter Soldier up through Civil War.

This past weekend I decided to check my local Walmart...and they had the Civil War Wave 2 figures. They must have just put out the case that morning because there were two Caps, two Iron Man, and one of every other figure. I bought the entire wave...and paid the "normal" price for each one. I figured that I better not wait. Took the approach that if see them, don't wait, just buy them. The Black Panther figure is outstanding. One of the best ML figures I have seen and I started collecting them late in my life. I had to wait until the kids were out of college. Only ones that I have not purchased were the Rhino and Absorbing Man sets although I did get some from the AM wave as I wanted certain figures in the set. Just letting everyone know that the Civil War Wave 2 is out there and it has hit retail stores.

Walmarts all over the Central Valley and Bay Area California have been getting the Civil War wave.

They've hit the San Diego area now as well. The hunt for the Fury army build is on!!!

I got 4 Furys! Luckily I found them surfing Hasbrotoyshop late night.

I'm seriously considering getting a case of them from EE. I only want 4 myself (3 agents/1 Dirk Anger). Thinking I'll sell the other 4 at retail prices plus shipping.

Ok I know it isn't a Marvel Legends figure, but I feel it bears mentioning; Marvel Select is coming out with a Destroyer figure (officially called "Odin the Destroyer") and It. Is. HUGE! It measures up well to the Select Thor(s), which means it works with the Legends Thor(s). It would look even more huge if Hasbro stopped Making Thor oversized. Could Hasbro have a Destroyer of their own in store for next year's Thor Legends? B.A.F. style? The Select Destroyer is set to come out in the Fall, and I'm sure they (Diamond Select) will have it on display in their area at Comic-Con. I'm hoping they'll play the early release game (pipe dream I know).

Finally got Nick Fury from Amazon today. Haven't even seen the Giant Man wave hit shelves yet, but with the revision cases coming might have to pick up a few more Nick Furys for SHIELD agents. I hope the next Cap wave isn't as hard to find in stores, I really only want Scarlet Witch from that wave.

Finally got Nick Fury from Amazon today. Haven't even seen the Giant Man wave hit shelves yet, but with the revision cases coming might have to pick up a few more Nick Furys for SHIELD agents. I hope the next Cap wave isn't as hard to find in stores, I really only want Scarlet Witch from that wave.

I have a case of Fury's coming soon. I'm only going to use 4 of them to be S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to go along with the Fury I have as Nick. Don't know if I'm going to make one Dirk Anger.

I have a case of Fury's coming soon. I'm only going to use 4 of them to be S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to go along with the Fury I have as Nick. Don't know if I'm going to make one Dirk Anger.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to turn one in to Dirk Anger either. The head is a nice touch on Hasbro's part, but I'm not enough of a fan of the character to do anything with it.

Got my set from a UK supplier who get it from an Asian supplier.Not the greatest of wave's (that in my opinion still is the Rhino wave with Misty) but a pretty good wave none the less.13435507_1122439154492878_91313896015354

I feel like I'm probably alone in this, but this is probably the first wave where the figure I'm most excited about is the BAF

Got my set from a UK supplier who get it from an Asian supplier.Not the greatest of wave's (that in my opinion still is the Rhino wave with Misty) but a pretty good wave none the less.13435507_1122439154492878_91313896015354

I know this is a new wave and I didn't see any vids on the space knight BAF Venom. If I may ask does the claws have a hinge wrist (move up/down)? Thanks for the pics.

I know this is a new wave and I didn't see any vids on the space knight BAF Venom. If I may ask does the claws have a hinge wrist (move up/down)? Thanks for the pics.

they do but very little.