Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Oy, both the Spider-Man Space Venom Wave and the X-Men Juggernaut Wave have hit my area within one week of each other and it is NOT my pay week! This is pure torture... I only got to pick up Electro before that wave sold out and all that's left at the comic store of X-Men was Havoks and Icemen. My poor wallet and I still need to buy a SDCC Raft set somehow. Need to wait another 7 days till I have money... 😭

Oy, both the Spider-Man Space Venom Wave and the X-Men Juggernaut Wave have hit my area within one week of each other and it is NOT my pay week! This is pure torture... I only got to pick up Electro before that wave sold out and all that's left at the comic store of X-Men was Havoks and Icemen. My poor wallet and I still need to buy a SDCC Raft set somehow. Need to wait another 7 days till I have money...

And what's really sad is the raft set sold out today at 1:08 pm PST (I was heated)! They said they'll get in more, but I hoped to get all my shopping done today so i can fully focus on the Con. I think they didn't bother to replenish their stock after Preview Night.

Am I crazy or is Rogue the only figure from the X-men wave that isn't up for preorder? I've been waiting for her FOREVER! I'd really like to just preorder her now and not have to worry about trying to find her in the stores. As you can probably tell she's my favorite character ha ha. I tried searching all over their website but am not finding her? Help! (Toys R Us)

Am I crazy or is Rogue the only figure from the X-men wave that isn't up for preorder? I've been waiting for her FOREVER! I'd really like to just preorder her now and not have to worry about trying to find her in the stores. As you can probably tell she's my favorite character ha ha. I tried searching all over their website but am not finding her? Help! (Toys R Us)

I bookmarked the page when I first saw it, so you can keep checking here: http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=86139246

PS - Apologies for the non-post above

Got it! The Raft is mine! Photos later this evening to follow.

Congrats! I managed to get Enchantress off of evilbay.
Kool! Glad you got the fig you wanted. It's a mad house on eBay right now! They showed a premier screening of Batman:The Killing Joke and I didn't get home until after midnight so I couldn't take/show pics. Will attempt tonight.

Nice, around my area they are pretty clear. The local comic book shops got the xmen wave in but they put them up on eBay rather than on the shelf. Kinda a dick move if you ask me

No "kinda" about it! STRAIGHT UP DICK MOVE! Is it via auction or "Buy It Now"? I'm assuming the latter, but ya never know. If it's BIN, then jump on it.

Rukkdeez, you are probably going to be pissed if they release a Executioner as a figure in the Thor line.

as for me, all I got this week as some character named Punisher (from a UK/Asian retailer, Kapowtoys.co.uk)

13754443_1154689244601202_61605338371452

Actually I've gladly retired several customs when the ML v r sons come out (waddaya think happened to my custom Enchantress? Heh).

The punisher is a walgreens exclusive right?

Yes it is. It'll come out next month (Or maybe Sept). The UK doesn't have Walgreens so they get their figures by other means. In this instance, Kapow Toys. It's a UK etailer, but by the grace of the internet, it's available to the US...if you're down to pay the shipping cost that is.

Thanks Rukkdeez

Is it common for TRU to open preorders more than one time? the reason I ask is cause I noticed that the rogue and wolverine figures were up for order so I went to put them in my cart but when the cart screen showed up it said they were out of stock, the "add to cart" button was red..btw deadpool was not showing as available still

Received my MCU Falcon today!!!

This figure is a weird conflict for me. I love it because it's a new MCU Avengers character in figure form.

But here's the contradictions:

PRO: Super-detailed sculpt. There are more straps and buckles sculpted into this thing than I could count.

CON: But there's minimal paint apps comparatively. The upper torso is almost entirely gray. The waist-to-knees are almost entirely black. The knees-to-feet are almost entirely gray. There are a scattered few paint apps of red and silver around the figure, but I'd argue that it's 85-90% unpainted. For a highly-detailed sculpt that stands out.

PRO: The head sculpt is great and bears a good-to-strong resemblance to Anthony Mackie.

CON: In the world of alternate heads, it feels limiting that we only got one, and with the goggles. I would have loved an extra non-goggled face. OR the goggles could have been a separate piece with translucent red lenses (like MCU Giant-Man's helmet lenses). Would have added a whole extra dimension to the figure.

PRO: Redwing the drone. Glad we get it. We get it in "closed" and "deployed" forms both. Cool how he sits on Falcon's backpack.

CON: The deployed version could have used a way to suspend it/connect it to the figure so it looks like it's flying. Cause the only option we have is to sit it on the table. And I don't remember so much action in the movie that hinged on the drone. So the need for two versions of it doesn't seem that necessary. The "closed" version could have been one with the backpack and not removable, and the cost could have been put into a clear stem to suspend the deployed version for action poses.

PRO: Wingspan is awesome and the wings are highly detailed and nicely painted.

CON: The wings in the movie do more positioning than just straight out so I would have loved some kind of hinging or rotation to have the wings on the figure but in relaxed or forward flexing poses.

PRO: Hand sculpts feature trigger fingers, since Falcon in the movies has fired guns as a battle tactic.

CONS: No guns included. I'm sure I can find some SHIELD pistols somewhere in a drawer...

All-in-all a good figure and glad to have Cap's newer generation sidekick (sorry Bucky) to balance Iron Man's War Machine. The struggle is real to find this figure and I'm looking forward to attaining Winter Soldier 2.0 next.

Wish they also had thrown us a bone and offered an MCU Quicksilver this way in a 2.5 wave!

Thanks Rukkdeez

Is it common for TRU to open preorders more than one time? the reason I ask is cause I noticed that the rogue and wolverine figures were up for order so I went to put them in my cart but when the cart screen showed up it said they were out of stock, the "add to cart" button was red..btw deadpool was not showing as available still

I noticed that the other day... If you search for Marvel Legends the whole X-Men wave has add to cart buttons in the search results even though Deadpool, Rogue, and Wolverine are sold out for pre-order. If you add Cable from the search results page he shows up in the cart as "ships to home" but if you add Deadpool he shows up as "digital item". I assume it's a bug and the "digital items" will get canceled. Heck, TRU has been known to cancel in stock items from my orders even after they send me order confirmations!