Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Received my MCU Falcon today!!!

This figure is a weird conflict for me. I love it because it's a new MCU Avengers character in figure form.

But here's the contradictions:

PRO: Super-detailed sculpt. There are more straps and buckles sculpted into this thing than I could count.

CON: But there's minimal paint apps comparatively. The upper torso is almost entirely gray. The waist-to-knees are almost entirely black. The knees-to-feet are almost entirely gray. There are a scattered few paint apps of red and silver around the figure, but I'd argue that it's 85-90% unpainted. For a highly-detailed sculpt that stands out.

PRO: The head sculpt is great and bears a good-to-strong resemblance to Anthony Mackie.

CON: In the world of alternate heads, it feels limiting that we only got one, and with the goggles. I would have loved an extra non-goggled face. OR the goggles could have been a separate piece with translucent red lenses (like MCU Giant-Man's helmet lenses). Would have added a whole extra dimension to the figure.

PRO: Redwing the drone. Glad we get it. We get it in "closed" and "deployed" forms both. Cool how he sits on Falcon's backpack.

CON: The deployed version could have used a way to suspend it/connect it to the figure so it looks like it's flying. Cause the only option we have is to sit it on the table. And I don't remember so much action in the movie that hinged on the drone. So the need for two versions of it doesn't seem that necessary. The "closed" version could have been one with the backpack and not removable, and the cost could have been put into a clear stem to suspend the deployed version for action poses.

PRO: Wingspan is awesome and the wings are highly detailed and nicely painted.

CON: The wings in the movie do more positioning than just straight out so I would have loved some kind of hinging or rotation to have the wings on the figure but in relaxed or forward flexing poses.

PRO: Hand sculpts feature trigger fingers, since Falcon in the movies has fired guns as a battle tactic.

CONS: No guns included. I'm sure I can find some SHIELD pistols somewhere in a drawer...

All-in-all a good figure and glad to have Cap's newer generation sidekick (sorry Bucky) to balance Iron Man's War Machine. The struggle is real to find this figure and I'm looking forward to attaining Winter Soldier 2.0 next.

Wish they also had thrown us a bone and offered an MCU Quicksilver this way in a 2.5 wave!

I know that I'm looking forward to this figure. Where did you get it from?

how did you get that? Also, what is the use of the DCPI?

The barcodes are from the figures I bought at Walgreens. They weren't fully in the system so I couldn't get the WIC number.

I scanned the pic of the barcode at Target and the display told me the DPCI. You can give that number to a Target associate and they can look to see if they have them in stock. At some Targets you can type the number into the price scanner and it will tell you if they have any in the stock room.

Found the Space Venom BAF wave at target a few days ago. Picked up Peter Parker Spidey and its my new fav Spider-Man. 100% must buy

Brickseek Target tracker says all of my targets have the Xmen wave but none were put out as of today, Sunday. Maybe out tomorrow?

The set date (meaning the day Target is supposed to "officially" place them out) may be this Tuesday. The War Machine 2 pack had an original "set date" for today. Somehow that got pushed to Tuesday as well.

how did you get that? Also, what is the use of the DCPI?

The barcodes are from the figures I bought at Walgreens. They weren't fully in the system so I couldn't get the WIC number.

I scanned the pic of the barcode at Target and the display told me the DPCI. You can give that number to a Target associate and they can look to see if they have them in stock. At some Targets you can type the number into the price scanner and it will tell you if they have any in the stock room.

Thanks, good to know!

Still none in Houston TX. Hit up 3 Targets and 3 more Walgreens and nothing. One Walgreens had a whole row of the Namors.

None in Dallas either. Our walgreens got Namor in last week. Interestingly the walgreens sight says each location has multiple Namor in inventory so I think they show expected inventory. BTW am I wrong in thinking the Walgreens sight only lists the Marvel legends exclusives?