Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

on the Thanos Walmart exclusive hunt....... had to rant a little after today....

today about noon, 6 stores in my area (north austin) update on brickseek showing 6 Thanos in stock in all but one store that showed 4. I go to store 1 right after work - brickseek says 6 - none on shelf. I show an employee my phone and the brickseek info, she goes to another employee who says 'you'll have to check later...' i kindly explain that the brick seek info changed earlier today from '0' to '6' so maaaaaybe theseare sitting on a pallet??? No - he did not lift a finger to go check ..... 'you should check around 12....' *sigh* on to the next store......

Brick seek says '4'... none on shelf. i ask employee again showing brickseek info and kindly asking if he could please just look - i just want one puny Thanos before the scalpers come in and buy up the entire case!!!! he says he will look. Disappears to the back. over 30 min later he is nowhere to be found. another employee asks if she can help me. I hand her the freakin shelf tag , she scans it and says 'nope we didnt get any' i look at her phone (scanner) and it reads '4 ON HAND'. i say - so what does '4 on hand ' mean??' 'um well... we're supposed to have them in the store but.......' followed by silence. she is not about to walk to the back and look i realize and turn and walk away.

It is 11:30 and im about to go to bed. I check brickseek and ANOTHER store has updated from '0' to '6 on hand'... ok - these stores MUST have these - this makes no sense. the last 2 weeks have shown '0' at every store in my area and today almost all show 4-6 on hand???? hmmmm either brickseek is waaaay off or INCREDIBLY LACKLUSTER EMPLOYEES....... hmmmm

I decided to go back to the store showing 4 on hand since it is open 24hrs. Theres a pallet of stock sitting in the aisle where i had sat waiting, waiting waiting just 5 hours earlier. on the top is an open Hasbro case of Thanos with ............. can you guess how many?? yep - 4 spanking new Thanos exclusives inside. I took one and the box and put the remaining 3 on the shelf so some poor bastard like me might have a chance of finding him tonight or in the morning.

What have i learned? Well - brickseek does appear to be correct and employees just dont care and in the future i will not trust ANY employee. If brickseek shows in stock - chances are very good that the item is there. I'm exhausted - been driving around looking for this guy for a few weeks. Now i am vindicated!!

on the Thanos Walmart exclusive hunt....... had to rant a little after today....

today about noon, 6 stores in my area (north austin) update on brickseek showing 6 Thanos in stock in all but one store that showed 4. I go to store 1 right after work - brickseek says 6 - none on shelf. I show an employee my phone and the brickseek info, she goes to another employee who says 'you'll have to check later...' i kindly explain that the brick seek info changed earlier today from '0' to '6' so maaaaaybe theseare sitting on a pallet??? No - he did not lift a finger to go check ..... 'you should check around 12....' *sigh* on to the next store......

Brick seek says '4'... none on shelf. i ask employee again showing brickseek info and kindly asking if he could please just look - i just want one puny Thanos before the scalpers come in and buy up the entire case!!!! he says he will look. Disappears to the back. over 30 min later he is nowhere to be found. another employee asks if she can help me. I hand her the freakin shelf tag , she scans it and says 'nope we didnt get any' i look at her phone (scanner) and it reads '4 ON HAND'. i say - so what does '4 on hand ' mean??' 'um well... we're supposed to have them in the store but.......' followed by silence. she is not about to walk to the back and look i realize and turn and walk away.

It is 11:30 and im about to go to bed. I check brickseek and ANOTHER store has updated from '0' to '6 on hand'... ok - these stores MUST have these - this makes no sense. the last 2 weeks have shown '0' at every store in my area and today almost all show 4-6 on hand???? hmmmm either brickseek is waaaay off or INCREDIBLY LACKLUSTER EMPLOYEES....... hmmmm

I decided to go back to the store showing 4 on hand since it is open 24hrs. Theres a pallet of stock sitting in the aisle where i had sat waiting, waiting waiting just 5 hours earlier. on the top is an open Hasbro case of Thanos with ............. can you guess how many?? yep - 4 spanking new Thanos exclusives inside. I took one and the box and put the remaining 3 on the shelf so some poor bastard like me might have a chance of finding him tonight or in the morning.

What have i learned? Well - brickseek does appear to be correct and employees just dont care and in the future i will not trust ANY employee. If brickseek shows in stock - chances are very good that the item is there. I'm exhausted - been driving around looking for this guy for a few weeks. Now i am vindicated!!

Congrats!!!!! I am glad you got him.

Well...just when I thought I was safe, TRU cancelled my Scarlet Witch and Vision 2 pack. Bummer.

Sorry to hear that. I received mine yesterday. Talk about coming in under the wire!

Eh, win some lose some right? I'm glad you got one though, at least some of these are making their way out.

This was my exact experience with Wal-Mart as well. Apparently their system will tell them something is in stock but sometimes not give a location. I was able to use Wal-Mart's own site the same night and the aisle was shown which let me know the item was put out. Crazy thing is which butthole worker is picking the box up and taking 1 or 2 out but leaving them back on the palletts?

This was my exact experience with Wal-Mart as well. Apparently their system will tell them something is in stock but sometimes not give a location. I was able to use Wal-Mart's own site the same night and the aisle was shown which let me know the item was put out. Crazy thing is which butthole worker is picking the box up and taking 1 or 2 out but leaving them back on the palletts?

Exactly!!

Went the ebay route, snagged a Scarlet Witch and Vision 2 pack before the prices get too insane. I hope it does see some sort of wider release, it really is a great set.

Did the same thing and was able to use a 15% promo code. Didnt want to miss out on a cool two pack and even though I know it will be released in the future it will be the last TRU exclusive we ever own.

My last memory of a TRU will be walking in at 10 am and snagging the entire Deadpool wave buy 1 get the other 40% off and snagging the Ultimate riders buy 1 get the other 40% off.

Went the ebay route, snagged a Scarlet Witch and Vision 2 pack before the prices get too insane. I hope it does see some sort of wider release, it really is a great set.

Did the same thing and was able to use a 15% promo code. Didnt want to miss out on a cool two pack and even though I know it will be released in the future it will be the last TRU exclusive we ever own.

My last memory of a TRU will be walking in at 10 am and snagging the entire Deadpool wave buy 1 get the other 40% off and snagging the Ultimate riders buy 1 get the other 40% off.

Definitely an awesome two pack for TRU to go out on. That's a great haul.

Scored a Mr. Fantastic, Hasbro is knocking it out of the park on these new FF figures. I finally feel like a great version of the team is within reach now that Reed's been done right. One more to go!

Annnnnd this is why I never ever buy figures from stores. Just wait til I can get them for a decent price. I am completely happy with my thanos I got from ebay for 29.99 including shipping 3 weeks ago.

Annnnnddd that's why I rarely buy figures online. I don't care how much I want it, I'm not gonna pay some BS markup for a figure I can still get cheaper at brick 'n mortar. That's just putting money in a scalpers pocket.

Ain't it funny how anyone can rationalize anything? I agree 100%. I'm not out to help some fool who probably prevented me from getting the very thing he's selling.

Traveling for work and found half a dozen Vision & Scarlet Witch packs at the TRU in Sawgrass Mills FL. They'll probably get clearanced out at EE & BBTS eventually but for 10% off I figured I'd get one to keep in box as the last ML with a TRU exclusive sticker :-(

Considering how picked clean by now the Marvel isles are, this is a major come up! Congrats!!!