Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

FYI fellow collectors, check your local Gamestop.  I happened to stop into the one near me yesterday just to "see what they had" and I was able to get the last three figures I needed to the complete the SP/DR wave.  Today, I found the Thor/Sif MCU 10th Anniversary two-pack at another Gamestop.  The best part is that they are offering 25% off all action figures right now.  That reduced the legends to less than MSRP and the Thor/Sif to under $40.  What great couple of hauls over the last two days!  

Gamestop (Philly/Willow Grove) had some of the SP/DR wave so I grabbed Dagger & DD. Then the girl on the register told me that if I was into them, she had a Doc Ock that was just returned. I grabbed that as well - 25% off of all. 

Target had X-Men on Thursday, but only Magneto, Storm & Madrox. Today they had nada but Domino & that back in black Deadpool that's pegwarming everywhere.

2 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

2 cases, 2 purple haired Lizzie Braddocks.

I broke down and bought the dark haired one on Ebay for 30 dollars. Then grabbed another purple haired one off of there for around 35 dollars. I did not want to take a chance of one jumping to 100 dollars a month later like the Mysterio green head version. Planning on doing what I talked about and put the purple one on the light blue body.

I did come across a Wolverine from that wave at my local Target so I snatched that one up and it was the only one. I found a Chinese knockoff of the Apocalypse BAF on Ebay for 15 dollars so I thought what the heck and grabbed that. Let you guys and gals know how that turned out when I get it. Says it should be shipping in September. I canceled my Dorkside order and grabbed the only figure I wanted out of that wave off of Ebay for 16 dollars loose with no BAF, Sabertooth. I 'll pass on the rest, Gladiator, Magneto (have the exclusive TRU one), Multiple Man (Not going to start anymore teams. I am not going to wait another 3 to 4 years to complete), and Storm (The Jim Lee one is being talked about so I will pass on this one plus have the TRU one).

A local Target had the Marvel Studios Iron Man/Thanos/Doctor Strange and Hulk/Hulkbuster sets on the shelf today.  When I tried to purchase them, I was denied at the register due to the 8/1 street date.  I really dislike this pointless street date horseshit.

:angry:

This is what I get for speaking out:

In January, on another forum, there was a "Figure of the Year" thread where I made a new category to name Walgreens the Retailer of the Year.  My reasoning was that they always came through for me.  in 2017 I found 90% of my Legends there.  And they restocked weekly.  I rarely walked out of a Walgreens empty handed.  In fact, I had to stash some figures in other aisles to go back later, because I would run out of money !

Fast forward to the Summer of 2018:  No Reed anywhere; stale, old, unwanted stock for months, and my daily routine of going to the two Duane Reades near my bus station in Manhattan (because I ALWAYS found something at least once a week there) are all but dried up.   The Hells Kitchen Duane Reade now has their Marvel Legends under lock and key (like dangerous medicines), and the Port Authority Duane Reade has REMOVED all their "Avengers Legends $19.99" "Spider-Man Legends $19.99" etc  stickers, and now have printer paper stacked up on their Marvel Legends shelf ! ! !   

WTF ?!?!?!?!

11 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I broke down and bought the dark haired one on Ebay for 30 dollars. Then grabbed another purple haired one off of there for around 35 dollars. I did not want to take a chance of one jumping to 100 dollars a month later like the Mysterio green head version. Planning on doing what I talked about and put the purple one on the light blue body.

I did come across a Wolverine from that wave at my local Target so I snatched that one up and it was the only one. I found a Chinese knockoff of the Apocalypse BAF on Ebay for 15 dollars so I thought what the heck and grabbed that. Let you guys and gals know how that turned out when I get it. Says it should be shipping in September. I canceled my Dorkside order and grabbed the only figure I wanted out of that wave off of Ebay for 16 dollars loose with no BAF, Sabertooth. I 'll pass on the rest, Gladiator, Magneto (have the exclusive TRU one), Multiple Man (Not going to start anymore teams. I am not going to wait another 3 to 4 years to complete), and Storm (The Jim Lee one is being talked about so I will pass on this one plus have the TRU one).

I will be interested to hear your impression of the BL Apocalypse.  Im in the same boat as you I REALLY only wanted the BAF and the tiger stripe Wolverine (picked up at Target over the weekend).  If its passable, I might be interested.  Im hopeful they will re-release it like Thanos/Groot/Hulkbuster in a lighter blue, but Im not holding my breath.  

6 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

Not to mention Gambit to replace lil shorty in the back!

Yeah...........I would have had him and Beast switch places but Beast was holding up Jean because she could not stand on her own without falling..............

4 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

That didn't last long.

Try a different browser or incognito/private mode. He's showing up as out of stock on the main Marvel page but I'm still able to add him to cart via his product page as of 11:15 AM EST:

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brands/brands-M-Z/marvel-htsus-brands-marvel/-e2301as00

Others I'm able to see as in stock but the add to cart button is greyed out. Something is buggy with their site today. If all else fails, hop in your time machine back to 1990 and order by phone!!!

3 hours ago, Mangar said:

Try a different browser or incognito/private mode. He's showing up as out of stock on the main Marvel page but I'm still able to add him to cart via his product page as of 11:15 AM EST:

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brands/brands-M-Z/marvel-htsus-brands-marvel/-e2301as00

Ah, that did it. Thank you!