Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

9 hours ago, mako said:

The only things I've found at retail in the last few weeks are a disregard for all of my local brick-n-mortar stores and confirmation that of late Hasbro's distribution has been F-ed-Up as a football bat.

... but I'm not bitter.

Yeah, my area is riddled with scalpers. Drives me crazy, I have to check every day, but I usually get lucky enough eventually.

For those interested in the 10th Anniversary sets:

Iron Man/Thanos/Doctor Strange

Hulk/Hulkbuster

I attempted to order both sets earlier this morning for pickup at the same store I tried to purchase them at two days ago.  After I got denied at the register due to the street date, I watched them pull two of the Thanos set and six of the Hulk set off of the shelves.  I was able to initially place the order for pickup, but then got an email a bit later today saying that neither were available at that location.  I found that hard to believe, so I stopped at the store anyway on my way to work.  Oddly enough, all of the sets they pulled from the shelf two days ago were back out.  So, I grabbed both.  I'm not sure what's up with Target's site or online inventory, but it's messed up.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:34 PM, greenlucario said:

Apocalypse wave came in today from BBTS. Psylocke was the one with black hair. Anyone else order off BBTS and get the purple hair variant?

I ordered 3 cases of them Apoc wave from EE, they all came in 3-4 weeks ago. Each case had the purple hair so I recently put an order in for an additional single Psylocke, in the hopes that it’s rhe black hair version lol.

2 hours ago, Neal said:

No problem!

On a related note, my Thor/Rocket/Groot 3-pack arrived today as well.

*Phew*

Yeah I got my Thor/Rocket/Groot 3pack in from EE a couple weeks ago and I was surprised to see it had the TRU sticker on it lol. I’ve ordered every former TRU Exclusive through EE and this was the only one that had the sticker.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:34 PM, KiloinNorcal said:

Yeah, my area is riddled with scalpers. Drives me crazy, I have to check every day, but I usually get lucky enough eventually.

I really don't think it's scalpers. I don't know any place that sells ML in the area that would be snipping store stock, all the LCS can order their own for more profit and Ive never seen anyone on ebay shipping out from our area. I don't know why you think it's scalpers. It's other collectors for sure. There's like 300k people around us and with only like what, maybe 30 places that carry legends, and they dont always get every wave? There's surely more than 30 collectors in our area.

6 hours ago, shatonamime said:

I really don't think it's scalpers. I don't know any place that sells ML in the area that would be snipping store stock, all the LCS can order their own for more profit and Ive never seen anyone on ebay shipping out from our area. I don't know why you think it's scalpers. It's other collectors for sure. There's like 300k people around us and with only like what, maybe 30 places that carry legends, and they dont always get every wave? There's surely more than 30 collectors in our area.

Nor Cal has the highest per capita scalper/ebay dealers in the country.  There's not any store I'm familiar with which is not staked out or has the inside track to inventory by someone who's not a dealer.  They all become familiar faces at the local toy show/swap meet type events around here.  There's some collectors for sure but we're all trying to find the same figures which have already been bought up by the scalpers.  The Bay is nice but the scalpers like it out here too. 

1 hour ago, scalperssuck said:

Nor Cal has the highest per capita scalper/ebay dealers in the country.  There's not any store I'm familiar with which is not staked out or has the inside track to inventory by someone who's not a dealer.  They all become familiar faces at the local toy show/swap meet type events around here.  There's some collectors for sure but we're all trying to find the same figures which have already been bought up by the scalpers.  The Bay is nice but the scalpers like it out here too. 

This is not true at all for Kiloin and I's area though. He and I literally go to the same stores. We're in the north bay, Im sure in the east bay where you are it's different. I refuse to believe scalpers are dumb enough to drive from over 20 miles away to flip a couple of toys for 5-10 bucks profit. There's a guy out in St.Helena, but I really doubt he's making a significant dent in our area. If he bought all those at the store, he's selling 150 dollars worth of X-men figs for 190 bucks, not counting gas and shipping and ebay fees and paypal cut. That's not 40 dollars profit, it's less. Plus, he has whole waves up, I see parts of waves all the time. I don't see anyone else near me selling the stuff, so if it's scalpers, where are they flipping this stuff?  It has to be collectors. when they could just buy whole cases. There's a few Targets in our area, that's only a few wolverine figures from the new x-men wave, of which I bought 2.  The supply and demand just doesn't line up sometimes. A guy was eyeing my wolverine in my hand today hard and saw him at a second target as well, sorry to anyone that might have been if you're in this topic. It's not scalpers, its other collectors. Ive casually walked into Targets here and gotten stuff plenty of times. If you don't live here it's not economically feasible to try and buy it to flip it, and again I never see anyone selling from the Santa Rosa area. 

FYI to keep on topic, both SR targets had a gladiator at them, nothing else from the x-men wave, (as I took the wolverine) saw none at ropo.

Target has been a gold mine in my area,  really stepping up to fill the TRU void.   In the last 3 days I scored the Killmonger/Agent Ross and Falcon/Winter Soldier sets, An extra Multiple Man, Purple Psylocke,  And a huge amount of the MCU 10 year Anniversary figures including Iron Man, Red Skull, Cap/Crossbones,  Hulk/Hulkbuster, Thanos/Strange/Iron Man and even scored a Hela on clearance.  I'll say it again.....HASBRO PLEASE SPACE THIS STUFF OUT!  I just can't help myself! 

Here's the rundown: 

During Comic-Con I received the Thor/Groot,Rocket 3 pack as well as the 10th Anniversary Thor/Sif 2 pack from EE. I purchased the Red Skull/Tesseract & Defenders Railcar sets as well as the 10th Anniversary Ronan & Iron Man MKVII figures.

The following week, I received my X-Men Apocalypse  & Venom Monster Venom waves.

This week started off with me stumbling across a Black haired Psylocke (I got the Purple haired version in my X-Men cases), then the Winter Soldier/Falcon, Everett Ross/Killmonger & Hulk/Hulkbuster  10th Anniversary  2 packs.

Today, I got charged for the Deadpool Sauron & Spider-Man SP//DR waves. Should be here Saturday. 

35 figs in hand since July 21. 51 come Saturday. I will always lean to the side of "there can never be too much Marvel Legends but Sweet Googly Moogly!!! 

I recently was at my EB games and they had a ton of 10th Anni Red Skulls and Hulk + Hulkbuster 2 packs, and 1 Multiple man, and weirdly 3 Havoks from the Juggernaut wave (thought that was odd, 2 of the boxes were badly bashed up as well), Sadly my Walmarts are so terrible these days, the one I usually go to still has never stocked for what seems like a year and Still only has 3 Rocket's from the Mantis wave, why is Walmart so damn bad, the other Walmart only had Astral Doc Strange from Dormmamu wave, and like a ton of Malekith from IF2 and Paladin, terrible terrible Canadian Walmarts

but on an awesome note I just got the e-mail telling me That my pre-order of new Sauron wave is ready to ship out and at the distributor! finally

On 8/1/2018 at 10:52 PM, shatonamime said:

This is not true at all for Kiloin and I's area though. He and I literally go to the same stores. We're in the north bay, Im sure in the east bay where you are it's different. I refuse to believe scalpers are dumb enough to drive from over 20 miles away to flip a couple of toys for 5-10 bucks profit. There's a guy out in St.Helena, but I really doubt he's making a significant dent in our area. If he bought all those at the store, he's selling 150 dollars worth of X-men figs for 190 bucks, not counting gas and shipping and ebay fees and paypal cut. That's not 40 dollars profit, it's less. Plus, he has whole waves up, I see parts of waves all the time. I don't see anyone else near me selling the stuff, so if it's scalpers, where are they flipping this stuff?  It has to be collectors. when they could just buy whole cases. There's a few Targets in our area, that's only a few wolverine figures from the new x-men wave, of which I bought 2.  The supply and demand just doesn't line up sometimes. A guy was eyeing my wolverine in my hand today hard and saw him at a second target as well, sorry to anyone that might have been if you're in this topic. It's not scalpers, its other collectors. Ive casually walked into Targets here and gotten stuff plenty of times. If you don't live here it's not economically feasible to try and buy it to flip it, and again I never see anyone selling from the Santa Rosa area. 

FYI to keep on topic, both SR targets had a gladiator at them, nothing else from the x-men wave, (as I took the wolverine) saw none at ropo.

Oh there are a lot of collectors for sure, but just yesterday I saw a guy at the SR Target walking around with a stack of gamorean guards (spelling?) from the SW black series that must have just rolled out. Don't know what he was gonna do with all of them but regardless, if all the inventory is bought up then it leaves nothing for anyone else. I only ever buy one of each ML I want and leave the rest. Did see that Gladiator you mentioned.

11 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Here's the rundown: 

During Comic-Con I received the Thor/Groot,Rocket 3 pack as well as the 10th Anniversary Thor/Sif 2 pack from EE. I purchased the Red Skull/Tesseract & Defenders Railcar sets as well as the 10th Anniversary Ronan & Iron Man MKVII figures.

The following week, I received my X-Men Apocalypse  & Venom Monster Venom waves.

This week started off with me stumbling across a Black haired Psylocke (I got the Purple haired version in my X-Men cases), then the Winter Soldier/Falcon, Everett Ross/Killmonger & Hulk/Hulkbuster  10th Anniversary  2 packs.

Today, I got charged for the Deadpool Sauron & Spider-Man SP//DR waves. Should be here Saturday. 

35 figs in hand since July 21. 51 come Saturday. I will always lean to the side of "there can never be too much Marvel Legends but Sweet Googly Moogly!!! 

Where did you order the Sauron save from?