Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

5 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

Me too. I made the mistake of waiting until I got off work to check some of the local B&M's on my way home. I worry about bad paint apps and jacked boxes so I do try to refrain from ordering individual pieces online. I should've pulled the trigger.

I'm usually the same way. I'm very picky about paint jobs myself. But walgreens around my way have not been stocking legends like they once were. They are all full of Namor still. I was lucky to find Mr. Fantastic. I saw him twice. And I check like 10 different walgreens periodically. So this time I just said screw it I'm ordering 2 for myself. 

The two problems I have with ordering online cancel each other out in Walgreen's case. I'm afraid of getting a bad paint job, and I don't want to pay for shipping...so I always order two. Free shipping for an order over $35, and two chances at getting a decent figure.

Making one trip to Walgreens to return the 2nd toy is a helluva lot better than checking in with the store several times a month. :)

2 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

The two problems I have with ordering online cancel each other out in Walgreen's case. I'm afraid of getting a bad paint job, and I don't want to pay for shipping...so I always order two. Free shipping for an order over $35, and two chances at getting a decent figure.

Making one trip to Walgreens to return the 2nd toy is a helluva lot better than checking in with the store several times a month. :)

Exactly.

For everyone that's waiting for Silver Surfer to hit stores be warned, both my "local" Walgreens were marked online as having him, and neither one did, so best of luck, even had them check the back.  

On another note, Sauron wave is going to be delivered later, and while I'm not crazy about the wave at all, that BAF, can't wait!

4 hours ago, bluebee said:

it was up for a long time meaning they probably sold a ton of them.  i wouldn't count on seeing it again any time soon if ever.  the website even now says not sold in stores which is pretty ominous.

A friend of mine lives in Indianapolis, and a fellow collector there found Silver Surfers in multiple Walgreens the day it went up on the site.  

13 minutes ago, Malocchio said:

I’m hesitant to do it because I’m sure I’ll find one and not have to buy two. Oooh what do I do??

Be patient. I know I'm one to talk, but I'm leaving on vacation soon and I wanted to be sure I had mine in hand rather than take a chance these could be one and  out (I never saw the Black Panther in stores) and I never get one when I get back.

5 hours ago, Neal said:

He's currently back in stock!

Go! Go! Go!

Marvel Legends Series Silver Surfer

While walking around Manhattan today I stopped in no less than 9 Duane Reades / Walgreens and the closest I came to him was a couple of Sue Storms. Decided to pull the trigger tonight - thanks!

5 hours ago, Malocchio said:

I’m hesitant to do it because I’m sure I’ll find one and not have to buy two. Oooh what do I do??

You can be like me and order a couple of bottles of Dial Ultra Fresh Hydrating Body Wash and Listerine Pocket Strips to get to the $35 threshold!