Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, Neal said:

A friend of mine lives in Indianapolis, and a fellow collector there found Silver Surfers in multiple Walgreens the day it went up on the site.  

Yep, it seems it depends on which state/city you live in. The Walgreens here in Alaska got Sub-Mariner for awhile, then he was totally gone. Only one of the stores got "yellow" Daredevil, then he was gone forever.  Ant-Man "black ant" and Medusa collected dust. They never got Mr. Fantastic, but did get Invisible Woman and (briefly) Human Torch. If there's a pattern I'm not seeing it. I do think however that the Surfer will be re-stocked, so keep looking.

One Duane Reade / Walgreens by me had Venom, Carnage, Spider-Ham, and Typhoid Mary. Another had just Scream. I assume another in the area got Poison and the other Venom and Carnage from the case!

Still no sign of the Surfer though, and I'm hoping my online order went through - I never got a confirmation email although I got to the confirmation page.

25 minutes ago, Mangar said:

One Duane Reade / Walgreens by me had Venom, Carnage, Spider-Ham, and Typhoid Mary. Another had just Scream. I assume another in the area got Poison and the other Venom and Carnage from the case!

Still no sign of the Surfer though, and I'm hoping my online order went through - I never got a confirmation email although I got to the confirmation page.

Same here. I never received any shipping notifications even though I ordered the same day as people who've received theirs already. About to go on vacation so I'm going to cancel.

1 hour ago, Merchverse said:

I had my Surfer order canceled too. I was so mad. The customer service person gave me the runaround on why. Apparently they took more orders than what they had in stock. We have computers now. How the f@#$ does that happen?

Quite easily actually, it’s just an inventory discrepancy issue. It could be one of several things; damaged stock (they will salvage/RGD back vs selling online), not properly accepting/invoicing all of their manifests for their deliveries, etc etc.

Same thing is happening (on a much wider scale) with the recently released Target exclusive Black Series Gamorrean Guard. Target wayyyyy underordered from Hasbro to meet demand as well as must have had inventory discrepancies on top of that (my guess) as they had to cancel countless orders of the guard. It’s a total mess.

i wouldn’t fret though as it would be a precendent for Walgreens to not carry their exclusive figures in-stores, at least as far as Legends & Black Series go anyway (they’ve released certain Pop! Exclusives only through their site). While my Surfer order didn’t get canceled, I can definitely empathize with your frustration, but I am sure Surfers will make their way to mass release at store level. Wish you the best sir!