Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 9/26/2018 at 1:26 PM, MIKE said:

Big time suck. Alot of them call them selfs master collectors. What a crock of !@#$

I don’t hate scalpers, I just feel bad for them. Sure, there are professional toy flippers/resellers out there who really know what they are doing but they are few and far between and a fair amount of the real professional flippers pay wholesale for the figures, not retail, when they can. 

Most “scalpers” unfortunately did not get the memo and think making minimum wage is an acceptable career plan so they feel the need to augment their income (instead of just working harder and making more money) with randomly flipping figures from time to time, for, at the end of the day, very minimal profit when it’s all said and done. The scalper in the photo clearly thought he “needed” to scalp a Thing...to make what, an extra $15 that day (after costs/tax/shipping/Ebay/PayPal fees). It’s just kind of sad when you think about it.

So 7 of my 8 Things came in from Walgreens completely destroyed. Jammed into a box that was too small (forcibly bending/ripping) the tops of the cards just to fit them in the box and there was very minimal packing material. 

Up until this point, Walgreens had actually shipped me many orders of mint figs with plenty of packing material so this was very disappointing. I’ll be returning a good handful to my local store this weekend so hopefully some other collectors will grab them versus scalpers.

I am gonna have to do a huge Walgreens hunt this weekend for Things, General Veers and if I’m lucky, some Majiks too.

13 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Changing up for a minute; I got the Captain Marvel wave on preorder and my DOFP Logan & Sentinel came today, and my Trevor 3 pack arrives tomorrow.

Rukk,

How did your Sentinel Set (I missed it when it went up) wind up arriving, condition wise? I’ve never had an issue with Amazon exclusives before as they’ve always been shipped inside an inner white shipping carton sleeve and then placed in the box with tons of packing material but my MCU Iron Man 3 Set arrived this past Monday and it was destroyed!

Amazon put zero packing material in the box so it bounced around and crushed all the corners. Heck, even one corner had about a 2in long tear in the cardboard, which definitely didn’t happen during shipping so it was placed in the box like that. Very disappointing so that will be going back in the mail to them this weekend.

After this recent experience with the Iron Man 3 Set, I’m extremely skeptical about ordering the Sentinel Set and any other exclusives going forward...

9 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Rukk,

How did your Sentinel Set (I missed it when it went up) wind up arriving, condition wise? I’ve never had an issue with Amazon exclusives before as they’ve always been shipped inside an inner white shipping carton sleeve and then placed in the box with tons of packing material but my MCU Iron Man 3 Set arrived this past Monday and it was destroyed!

Amazon put zero packing material in the box so it bounced around and crushed all the corners. Heck, even one corner had about a 2in long tear in the cardboard, which definitely didn’t happen during shipping so it was placed in the box like that. Very disappointing so that will be going back in the mail to them this weekend.

After this recent experience with the Iron Man 3 Set, I’m extremely skeptical about ordering the Sentinel Set and any other exclusives going forward...

I ordered two. One box was good. The other was squeezed and warped. I guess since I always keep one of what I buy MOC, I got lucky. The Trevor 3 pack arrived today. They were packed ok (some bubble wrapping was used) and both boxes were good.

50 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

I ordered two. One box was good. The other was squeezed and warped. I guess since I always keep one of what I buy MOC, I got lucky. The Trevor 3 pack arrived today. They were packed ok (some bubble wrapping was used) and both boxes were good.

Nice to hear yours came in ok and that has restored a little hope for me with Amazon exclusives going forward so I will order the Sentinel Set when it comes back online. lol looks like the trick is to order more than one. I have intentionally ordered more of a figure than I actually needed in the past, several times, with the thinking of “well, at least ONE of these should come in mint” and it’s usually paid off for the most part so I guess I’ll start doing that with Amazon exclusives.

Unfortunately, that trick did not work with the Things I ordered from Walgreens...with 7 of the 8 arriving destroyed and the 8th one being in just passable condition. Ugh.

I am secretly pleased when things occur like what happened to me last night at a local Walgreen's.  I appeared that someone had hidden (or tried to hide) three Venom wave figures across the aisle, down from where the Legends are typically located, behind some other toys.  They were even laying on their side to better conceal them.  I noticed them and nabbed the Poison.  Hey, if you can't buy it initially, don't hide it so no one else can either.  Be fair.