Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

5 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

Yup! Hunting can bite me.

Exactly lol. I collect way too much stuff and have wayyy to little time to ever think about hunting figures anymore store exclusives not withstanding of course. Hunting was a LOT more fun and a LOT more productive back in the day. Nowadays, If it ain’t a brick n mortar exclusive, I take 30 seconds, preorder the figure or case/wave from EE, take another few seconds to update the inventories on my phone and then promptly go about my day.

That being said, the amount of exclusives all dropping at the same time right now is just staggering and I’ve pretty much gone out on late night hunts every night this week. Fortunately, thanks to BrickSeek, I’ve been hunting smart and not hard and have been finding something every single day for 5 days straight now.

This week alone i have found the TVC Tie Fighter from Walmart,  Silver Surfer, Thing (need more though) & General Veers from Walgreens , McFarlane COD Seraph, Gamorrean Guard, Moloch & Bespin Leia from Target and the Neca IT variant & the Spidey/Mr. Negative 2pack exclusives from GameStop. 

Ive done more “hunting” this past week than I have in the past 2 years...it’s killing me lol.

1 hour ago, americamgl said:

We are usually the last ones to get anything imo, but plenty of ML Things and Silver Surfers in Miami, Florida.

Man what the hell lol. I just got back from hitting 8-10 Walgreens (I kinda lost track) and only one store had Thing and out of the 3 the store had, only one was mint. I live in Pembroke Pines FL and hunted Pines, Miramar and Weston tonight. Sounds like I need to trek down to Miami but thought of the traffic already makes me want to vomit.

Screw it, my wife works in Miami so I’m just gonna force her to hit every Walgreens she finds on the way home from work, every day, until I have several Majiks and Things. That should go over with her well...right? :wacko:

6 hours ago, WaterSpider said:

I don't hide things myself. But i do find hidden figures all the time. And honestly, that's just part of the game boys. That's why we call it "hunting".

Now if the employees hide stuff, (like in the back) that gets me.

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years and  I STILL do not understand collectors “stashing” figures. So you walk into a store, find a figure you want but only then realize you don’t have the money to buy it? You didn’t know how much money you had prior to entering the store? Why are you hunting if you know you can’t buy stuff? If you walk into a store looking for a figure but don’t have $20 available in your bank account or on a credit card...there’s a problem...and you should probably re-evaluate your financial priorities.

I mean I know there’s instances where you would maybe want to do that for a friend or something so he/she can pick up that figure after work or what not but it would be silly to suggest, imo, that THAT is the reason why collectors (including me) are frequently finding hidden stuff. Over the years, I literally can’t even count how many hidden figures my friends and I have found while out there randomly in our travels. 

Am I crazy! Am I missing something here?

26 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years and  I STILL do not understand collectors “stashing” figures. So you walk into a store, find a figure you want but only then realize you don’t have the money to buy it? You didn’t know how much money you had prior to entering the store? Why are you hunting if you know you can’t buy stuff? If you walk into a store looking for a figure but don’t have $20 available in your bank account or on a credit card...there’s a problem...and you should probably re-evaluate your financial priorities.

I mean I know there’s instances where you would maybe want to do that for a friend or something so he/she can pick up that figure after work or what not but it would be silly to suggest, imo, that THAT is the reason why collectors (including me) are frequently finding hidden stuff. Over the years, I literally can’t even count how many hidden figures my friends and I have found while out there randomly in our travels. 

Am I crazy! Am I missing something here?

I don't stash, but I imagine it's kids whose parents either won't buy them the figure at that time or collectors who went in with a budget looking for one thing and then were surprised to find the stash item as well.

15 hours ago, WaterSpider said:

The hunt for me is a big part of the trill though.

I usually only order on-line if I've given up trying to find something in B+M. Or if it's an on-line exclusive obviously.

Im just too picky about paint apps to chance it. Gotta see it before i buy it.

But to each his own

I feel you on the paint apps issue. I'm the same way HOWEVER COMMA when it comes to the B & M exclusives, since more times than not, they appear on their respective websites before they touch down in the physical stores here in my part of Cali, what I do is purchase online and continue to hunt in the stores (just in case the apps or even the packaging itself is not up to par) and if this turns out to be the case, I return the online purchased item to the B&M. Some may say "it's too much trouble" to which I say I'm out there hunting anyway, so how is a few keystrokes "too much trouble" if it ensures I get what I'm looking for? I've got 2 Things on the way as of this posting, and I'm still out there looking for him (and Magik) just in case (plus I admit, I get a thrill seeing new Legends on the pegs).

Ya, eyes are the unforgivable flub. Especially on female figs. If they could get just that one thing right there would be so many figs I wouldn't have passed on.

On another subject, I got my Thing in the mail yesterday. Eyes were perfect, BTW. I scoured my entire area for a few days, never found him in any physical stores. If it shares the same UPC as the Mr. Fantastic, like Rektangular says, then that mighta been the problem, cuz tho they were HTF at first, every one of the stores in my area has at least one left on the shelves. I just happened to look on line at the perfect time.

The packaging was good. I never really have a problem with Walgreens. Then again, I've never ordered 8 figs, lol. Amazon is another discussion though. If it's a fairly small package they'll put it in a larger box with packing materail, but if it's a larger box like the Sentinel/Wolverine DOFP set, it's like they wrap the box around the product. Good luck getting that thing MIMB.

My online order of the Thing was delivered today (Sunday!) and he is glorious! I've been waiting for him since they announced Sue Storm at I think SDCC 2016, and he doesn't disappoint.

I was never really into the F4 comics as a kid and only bought around a dozen issues from #300 onward as I stopped buying comics shortly thereafter, but as an ML figure he's easily my favorite.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:59 AM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Man what the hell lol. I just got back from hitting 8-10 Walgreens (I kinda lost track) and only one store had Thing and out of the 3 the store had, only one was mint. I live in Pembroke Pines FL and hunted Pines, Miramar and Weston tonight. Sounds like I need to trek down to Miami but thought of the traffic already makes me want to vomit.

Screw it, my wife works in Miami so I’m just gonna force her to hit every Walgreens she finds on the way home from work, every day, until I have several Majiks and Things. That should go over with her well...right? :wacko:

I will keep you posted if I see more Things and if I see a Magik. Please keep me posted about what you find up north. Lmk if you also want me to get extra ones for you, I do not mind. I know the drive can be painful.

My wife is always on the look out for me lol. 

15 hours ago, americamgl said:

I will keep you posted if I see more Things and if I see a Magik. Please keep me posted about what you find up north. Lmk if you also want me to get extra ones for you, I do not mind. I know the drive can be painful.

My wife is always on the look out for me lol. 

@americamgl

Thanks so much for the kind gesture! I will hold off on taking you up on your very kind offer for now though but we can stay in touch for sure.

In summary, I hit 22 Walgreens in a 24 hour period, between this past Friday evening and Saturday night. The stores I hit comprised of Pines, Miramar, Weston, Cooper City and Davie. I only saw Thing at 2 stores, with one store having the 3 I mentioned previously and another store having 1.

I did see Surfer at 4 stores out of the 22 and 2 of those 4 stores had them in totes from a fresh delivery, stacked in the aisles that I rummaged through. The two stores that had Surfer in totes had 3 each, one store had 1 on the shelf and the 4th store had 3 on the shelf, so I saw about 10 Surfers in total.

I saw zero Majiks.

Today, I decided to hit one store (which was a store I previously hit this weekend) after picking up my youngest from his daycare school as the store is one of the easier ones on the route home. The store had gotten in some Things. Don’t know how many this store received but I’m assumjng 3 as I found 2 and luckily, both were in great shape.

Based on the massive hunt I did this past weekend, I believe I was simply just too early on about 90% of the stores I hit as I don’t think they received Thing yet. Also, based on my findings, it would appear that the stores in this area receive about 3 units at a time. This is also in sync with the amount of General Veers I found. With the exception of one store that had a full case of 8, I didn’t find more than 2-3 Veers at any one store but unlike Thing for example, I found Veers at around 50% of the stores I hit, which was about 10-11 stores in total.

I still need 2 more Things (in addition to 2-3 Majiks since I haven’t found her yet) so I will do another big hunt this upcoming weekend. Hopefully, I don’t need to hit another 20+ stores this upcoming weekend to score what I need  but the bright side is, I can easily manage 4-5 stores an hour with the proper routes taken.

Nice summary of findings! I routinely stop at about 20 Walgreens in the North Pinellas & West/North Tampa area every week. In the past few days I’ve seen almost every Walgreens receive a minimum of 3 Things, maximum being a full case. Same goes for Black Series General Veers.

I’ve also noticed restocking of Mr Fantastic, but no Magik yet. Maybe this week?

1 hour ago, Malocchio said:

Nice summary of findings! I routinely stop at about 20 Walgreens in the North Pinellas & West/North Tampa area every week. In the past few days I’ve seen almost every Walgreens receive a minimum of 3 Things, maximum being a full case. Same goes for Black Series General Veers.

I’ve also noticed restocking of Mr Fantastic, but no Magik yet. Maybe this week?

Thanks lol.

It’s like every county south, north and west of me is loaded with Things lol. 

I literally saw zero Mr. Fantastics in my recent 20+ store hunt. I saw, collectively, about 20 Sue Storms and about 3-4 Torches but 0 Reeds. When Reed hit earlier in March this year, I found him by the half dozen (a full case) at tons of stores. In the months that have followed, he has SOLD. What I did notice though, is that mostly every store had a planogram label for Mr. Fantastic, which I thought was strange seeing as that shelf tag wasn’t generated for the actual figures release but was just now made...at the exact time Thing & Majik are landing lol.

I don’t really think I will have any issue snagging a couple more Things this weekend but I am hoping to find Majik as well so I can just close the book on Walgreens for 2018 and not have to worry about hunting a single Walgreens until March 2019 (presumably), when Mystique lands. Hopefully, Walgreens won’t botch my order of Mystiques (to date, the only order they sent me damaged figures on was of the Thing) and I won’t have to bother hunting her at all. To that end...hoping Majik hits their site soon.

Honestly, i am looking forward to closing the book on 2018 as a whole as this year has been nothing short of a roller coaster of product and specifically, exclusives. The last time i was this bombarded by product was the glory days of 3.75 (mid-late 2000s) when between Star Wars, G.I.Joe and Marvel Universe...there was literally a wave/multipack/box set/vehicle coming out like every week almost lol. 

If it’s a wave or assortment still coming out before years end, I already have it on preorder from EE so I am really just missing about a half dozen or so exclusives for the rest of the year; between McFarlane, Legends, Neca & Black Series...and then I am DONE lol.

4 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

I don't know why this is quoting, but it just is.  I went to Walgreens to pick up some medicine and found they just put out some Thing figures. I grabbed one. No Majik figures yet. I have the SDCC one so I don't feel like I am in need of her. This was in Longview, Texas which is in the Northeast Corner of Texas.

3 hours ago, bluebee said:

walgreens.com is always wrong cause they have multiple figures under the same sku.

Ya, there's gotta be some other way they organize and track stock because I'm pretty sure most stores in my area had both Mr. Fantastic and Thing, which are said to have the same SKU. That was before local scalpers cleaned out all the Things in my area.

4 hours ago, bluebee said:

walgreens.com is always wrong cause they have multiple figures under the same sku.

I already got my Thing in the mail, but I swear some flipper intentionally went to every Walgreens near me and returned one Mr Fantastic last week to block all my stores from getting a shipment since they both share the same WIC.

10 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Got my Thing(s) today. This is one hefty fig! Time for an Immortal Hulk Hasbro!!!

Lol. That'll be the day. We've been asking for a good comic based Hulk since that cobbled together Doc Green version

As far as Thing, it is absolutely amazing and an indication of what Hasbro is truly capable of. I can't remember the last time I opened an ML box and was immediately hit with the scent of generously applied paint apps. Wait...oh yeah I can. Back in the TB days.