Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I was able to order the THING from the Walgreens' site....no joy finding him in local stores. I ordered 2, gonna surprise a buddy of mine who can never find anything. Wont tell him about it till they get here, then when he's moaning about it, spring it on him. Thing is ( no pun intended) he sometimes despairs and gives in to ebay scalpers. Hope it gets here before he goes there and wastes money.

It has been a good week as far as successful finds.  Picked up the Walmart exclusive Tony Stark/Iron Man Mk 1 10th anniversary ML two-pack and I found the Thing at one of the several Walgreen's in my area.  A big thank you to my wife for picking them up for me.  As someone noted in an earlier post, Hasbro did a really good job with the Thing.  Plus, I found out something when she got home after buying them.  She qualified for a senior discount and they knocked $4 off of each one.  I told her she is going to buy all of my Walgreen's exclusives from now on!   Oh, and HTS is offering 15% off of Marvel right now.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:37 AM, monron999 said:

Lol. That'll be the day. We've been asking for a good comic based Hulk since that cobbled together Doc Green version

As far as Thing, it is absolutely amazing and an indication of what Hasbro is truly capable of. I can't remember the last time I opened an ML box and was immediately hit with the scent of generously applied paint apps. Wait...oh yeah I can. Back in the TB days.

Agreed. The Thing is the best legends figure of the year imo and we really haven’t seen those kinds of paint apps since Toybiz. Whether it’s the overall sculpt, the faces/expressions, the POA or the paint, this Thing is just a masterpiece.

Hasbro should be patting themselves on the back with this Thing figure and to be honest, the whole F4 line they’ve done thru Walgreens as a whole imo. On that note, I’m really sad to see the program switch from F4 to X-Men but if it had to switch, I’m glad it’s X-Men I suppose.

I don't have my figures just yet, but the shipping site says the THING is on the way. From what I have seen in videos and reviews, the Thing looks fantastic (no pun intended there). I do wish they'd given him double jointed elbows though, and maybe a head with an open mouth that shows no teeth.

As far as the rest of the FF line...Invisible Woman should have been, well, INVISIBILE! Its not as if they don't have the tech to do this ( Dr Strange 2015 Vishanti astral form, Thunderbolts' Ghost, etc). But the figure they did give us for her looks good. Mr. Fantastic really came out well. He's damn near perfect. The Human Torch, however, just looks wrong.  The yellow head, the body buck....overall just doesn't fit well with the rest of the FF. I suspect though, with all the objections to the Torch, Hasbro will come out with another, corrected version. All one color, perhaps a translucent reddish as opposed to orange, and built on the Sunfire body buck instead of the more bulky one the y have now. Maybe a 2 pack with his invisible sister?? Aha!

Nevertheless I think the Thing is going to be outstanding....cant wait for arrival!!

38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I don't have my figures just yet, but the shipping site says the THING is on the way. From what I have seen in videos and reviews, the Thing looks fantastic (no pun intended there). I do wish they'd given him double jointed elbows though, and maybe a head with an open mouth that shows no teeth.

As far as the rest of the FF line...Invisible Woman should have been, well, INVISIBILE! Its not as if they don't have the tech to do this ( Dr Strange 2015 Vishanti astral form, Thunderbolts' Ghost, etc). But the figure they did give us for her looks good. Mr. Fantastic really came out well. He's damn near perfect. The Human Torch, however, just looks wrong.  The yellow head, the body buck....overall just doesn't fit well with the rest of the FF. I suspect though, with all the objections to the Torch, Hasbro will come out with another, corrected version. All one color, perhaps a translucent reddish as opposed to orange, and built on the Sunfire body buck instead of the more bulky one the y have now. Maybe a 2 pack with his invisible sister?? Aha!

Nevertheless I think the Thing is going to be outstanding....cant wait for arrival!!

A double jointed elbows Thing would have given him the long armed "Gorilla look" that the very 1st TB version suffered from. I wish they had given him a open mouth yelling "it's cobbering time" time head sculpt.  That human torch they gave us was crap as it made zero sense to make him with a translucent type head but different body . It did not translate well into anything they were attempting with that. I just went on & made my own custom classic Human Torch using that same head & a Sunfire buck. 

Human Torch & Invisible woman.JPG

Human Torch vs Hydra.JPG

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

A double jointed elbows Thing would have given him the long armed "Gorilla look" that the very 1st TB version suffered from. I wish they had given him a open mouth yelling "it's cobbering time" time head sculpt.  That human torch they gave us was crap as it made zero sense to make him with a translucent type head but different body . It did not translate well into anything they were attempting with that. I just went on & made my own custom classic Human Torch using that same head & a Sunfire buck. 

Human Torch vs Hydra.JPG

Where did you get those explosion effects? Those are super cool.

Also, I prefer your Human Torch over the Walgreens one. The only thing I would have added, and this is just me, is the lines HT has. I still use the old ToyBiz one from like series 1.

Thanks for sharing. Would love to see you post a picture of the whole FF team.

2 hours ago, ARES410 said:

Chicago is filthy with both Magik and Ben Grimm. Medusa is currently 50% off, pegwarming like it was her action feature...

Tons of Sasquatch series clogging the pegs, and Gwenpool is being spotted a lot as well

Chicago’s got Majik eh? Nice to see a report on the east coast. If I had to guess, probably gonna take another week or two to hit me in South FL. I did hit 2 stores today and found another mint Thing so just need one more to complete the set of 6 I want.

Medusa with peg-warming action feature lmao that was great.

2 hours ago, americamgl said:

Where did you get those explosion effects? Those are super cool.

Also, I prefer your Human Torch over the Walgreens one. The only thing I would have added, and this is just me, is the lines HT has. I still use the old ToyBiz one from like series 1.

Thanks for sharing. Would love to see you post a picture of the whole FF team.

I don't have the Thing yet. Go on ebay & type in "Tamashi effects", it should give you a list & pics of a bunch of the different effects they sell.  I don't have steady hands to draw in all those lines on the Torch so just left him as is. I think he still looks better than what the orginal looked like. Hasbro should have just done him on the Sunfire buck I did mine on. Love that buck.

Thing really is that good. WOW!!

5 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Human Torch vs Hydra.JPG

I'm gonna continue to use Ares wave Torch, until/unless they make a suitable one. Walgreens Torch is too tall and bulky.

I don't have the Thing yet. Go on ebay & type in "Tamashi effects", it should give you a list & pics of a bunch of the different effects they sell.  I don't have steady hands to draw in all those lines on the Torch so just left him as is. I think he still looks better than what the orginal looked like. Hasbro should have just done him on the Sunfire buck I did mine on. Love that buck.

Yeah it is still great. Hope you get the Thing soon, they have been showing up. I saw the effects, saw some from China. Might just get those. Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, americamgl said:

Yeah it is still great. Hope you get the Thing soon, they have been showing up. I saw the effects, saw some from China. Might just get those. Thanks.

No problem. I may be in the minority cuz I'm ol school, but the only issue I have with the Thing figure is that he is too tall. Sorry, but I hate when certain artists take it upon themselves to all of a sudden increase the hgt of certain characters just because. Ben is 6 foot tall not 7 ft tall. What always made him such a fan fav is that even though he was smaller & less stronger than the Hulk, he still was not gonna back down from a fight with him despite the hgt/wgt/strength disadvantage. Same for when he threw down with Sasquatch or vs the Champion. Ben s all about heart & toughness. Marvel has this thing where they inexplicably  add hgt to certain characters when some were already big to begin with such as the Hulk, Juggernaut, Abomination, Thanos, now instead of being just 7ft tall or 6'10 or 6'7,, they all have to be 9 footers. Total BS. You don't have to bulk up a character in hgt  just to convey strength.  IMO, the new buck they used for the Caliban BAF is perfect for a classic Buscema Hulk, I want a classic Hulk figure to be massive looking but not a giant. 

10 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Who cares about the package. If anything you can haggle with the manager to drop a few bucks off it due to damaged package. How some people keep em MIP is beyond me. Defeats the entire purpose of collecting figures IMO.

This is a sightings and hauls thread. Please take the critiques of other folks collecting habits elsewhere. Thanks.

No problem. I may be in the minority cuz I'm ol school, but the only issue I have with the Thing figure is that he is too tall. Sorry, but I hate when certain artists take it upon themselves to all of a sudden increase the hgt of certain characters just because. Ben is 6 foot tall not 7 ft tall. What always made him such a fan fav is that even though he was smaller & less stronger than the Hulk, he still was not gonna back down from a fight with him despite the hgt/wgt/strength disadvantage. Same for when he threw down with Sasquatch or vs the Champion. Ben s all about heart & toughness. Marvel has this thing where they inexplicably  add hgt to certain characters when some were already big to begin with such as the Hulk, Juggernaut, Abomination, Thanos, now instead of being just 7ft tall or 6'10 or 6'7,, they all have to be 9 footers. Total BS. You don't have to bulk up a character in hgt  just to convey strength.  IMO, the new buck they used for the Caliban BAF is perfect for a classic Buscema Hulk, I want a classic Hulk figure to be massive looking but not a giant. 

I agree 100%. Besides the sorry storyline, this is a reason Ang Lee's "Hulk" film failed. He felt the only way to demonstrate the Hulk getting stronger was to increase his size throughout the movie. Then in typical fashion, Marvel followed suit and started drawing him 20 feet tall.  What makes it so bad is that collectors zero in on the largest versions of said character, and want their figure to be that size and fall back on the lame excuse of "that's how he's been drawn. His bio stats mean nothing". The truth is an artist has an interpretation just like all of us do, and engages in a thing called "artistic license", but the problem is there is a faction of ML collectors whom I've dubbed "The Bigger is Better" posse who couldn't care less if a figure is out of scale (funny thing is these same foo...er individuals will riff if a female character is "too big"). The Thing's sculpt is top notch and (in my opinion) the best action figure of 2018, but that's not what's going to put him over the top. No, it'll be his size that assists with this honor. Listen to the reviews. Almost all of them mention his size as part of their praise. When Hasbro came out with Thanos, Hasbro got lambasted for it being "too small". He's 6'7. Hasbro actually got it right and was negatively criticized for it. Contrarily, Juggernaut (whom in THAT costume was WAAY out of scale) was worshipped because of his size. Accuracy people! For one, it's a strong asset for getting the character right. 2nd- just because YOU want the character to be bigger doesn't make Hasbro (who got it right) wrong and complaining because you didn't get your way (no matter how wrong it is) sounds like what? You can say it. Most of you have one or the other (or both).

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Who cares about the package. If anything you can haggle with the manager to drop a few bucks off it due to damaged package. How some people keep em MIP is beyond me. Defeats the entire purpose of collecting figures IMO.

For the figures I really like, like the Thing or Cable, I try to get a second one and keep it MIP because I had some really hard to find Toy Biz ML break on me in the past and when I wanted to get them on Ebay they were super expensive.

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

I agree 100%. Besides the sorry storyline, this is a reason Ang Lee's "Hulk" film failed. He felt the only way to demonstrate the Hulk getting stronger was to increase his size throughout the movie. Then in typical fashion, Marvel followed suit and started drawing him 20 feet tall.  What makes it so bad is that collectors zero in on the largest versions of said character, and want their figure to be that size and fall back on the lame excuse of "that's how he's been drawn. His bio stats mean nothing". The truth is an artist has an interpretation just like all of us do, and engages in a thing called "artistic license", but the problem is there is a faction of ML collectors whom I've dubbed "The Bigger is Better" posse who couldn't care less if a figure is out of scale (funny thing is these same foo...er individuals will riff if a female character is "too big"). The Thing's sculpt is top notch and (in my opinion) the best action figure of 2018, but that's not what's going to put him over the top. No, it'll be his size that assists with this honor. Listen to the reviews. Almost all of them mention his size as part of their praise. When Hasbro came out with Thanos, Hasbro got lambasted for it being "too small". He's 6'7. Hasbro actually got it right and was negatively criticized for it. Contrarily, Juggernaut (whom in THAT costume was WAAY out of scale) was worshipped because of his size. Accuracy people! For one, it's a strong asset for getting the character right. 2nd- just because YOU want the character to be bigger doesn't make Hasbro (who got it right) wrong and complaining because you didn't get your way (no matter how wrong it is) sounds like what? You can say it. Most of you have one or the other (or both).

You're speaking my language bro. The "artistic license" card has killed it for me. And like you said, people that don't know the actual listed hgts/wgts for these characters & have probably never read a comic book in their life just go by what they see in the MCU & assume that the Hulk, Thanos have always been 8+ foot tall. Yeah, the majority of Thing  reviewers "marvel" at his size, I've heard a few even say they wish he was a tad bigger!  The MS classic Thanos kills me cuz it's the look I want for him, but he's almost 9' tall so I have never bought him, Then which version does Hasbro pick to do, of course the MCU version.  Anyone see a 7 or 8ft Thing in these pics?  That's how big the figure shoulda been.

fantasticfour.jpg

FF pic by JB.jpg

fantastic-four.jpg

On 10/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Man I’ve been collecting thousands of figures MIMB across many different brands for over 20 years...I wish someone would’ve told me that it defeated the entire purpose collecting a long time ago so I wouldn’t have wasted my time!