Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 10/30/2018 at 12:46 AM, Mangar said:

If you still need him, Walmart has a few in stock online for $18.84. I just got one and there were three left

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AVENGERS-6-INCH-LEGENDS-THANOS/294971588

I actually have seen him online a few times and I place the order, but then Walmart just cancels my order. Let me know if the same thing happens to you? Thanks for the heads up.

PERFECT TIMING! I called my local Gamestop to see if Gamerverse Spidey came in. Not only did he say yes, but he reminded me I had 2 on order. I go get them, and the good fortune continued. I got the sale price and since they had an A.I.M. 2 pack, I picked that up as well for $37 and change. Even better than that news is ol boy behind the counter told me some clown came in and attempted to click 5 (FIVE) of em! Scalper written all over that fool. Dude told him "nah". Plus all stores were warned from HQ about returns where people are removing BAF pieces and exchanging characters. They may be more expensive, but Gamestop has to get props!

2 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

PERFECT TIMING! I called my local Gamestop to see if Gamerverse Spidey came in. Not only did he say yes, but he reminded me I had 2 on order. I go get them, and the good fortune continued. I got the sale price and since they had an A.I.M. 2 pack, I picked that up as well for $37 and change. Even better than that news is ol boy behind the counter told me some clown came in and attempted to click 5 (FIVE) of em! Scalper written all over that fool. Dude told him "nah". Plus all stores were warned from HQ about returns where people are removing BAF pieces and exchanging characters. They may be more expensive, but Gamestop has to get props!

Ya, I noticed that too. My local GS's have really upped their game (pun intended) lately. They have a much larger section of ML and comics related stuff in general, and they take care of their stuff and are pretty knowledgeable about it. I guess they saw an opening with the closure of TRU. It is a bit more expensive but they're always having sales & promotions. I actually bough both AIM & Hydra 2 packs (which I swore I never would) based more on the fact the guy came up to me and talked to me a bit about em. They weren't quite as awesome as he made them seem, but he was a hella salesman and he at least knew what he was talking about.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:59 AM, americamgl said:

Hey CobraSaboteur87, where in South Florida? I have hit almost every Walgreens in Miami and I cannot see any Magiks. Please help out a brother.

Last night I checked out one and again, just 1 Thing. I haven't seen Surfers for a while. Thanks.

Hey man, sorry for the late response. I’m in the Pembroke Pines/Miramar area. Have you found her yet? I noticed a store next to me (which did not have any last weekend when I hunted) got in 2 full cases (12 figs) and they put them on an endcap with all of their other legends.

Most stores I’ve been in just have a “marvel” endcap, with pops and all kinds of other crap but a select few stores have gone off planogram and have just turned that endcap into a primarily Legends endcap (manager merchandising discretion based on current stock levels).

The store I’m referencing that got in 2 cases is off of Pines Blvd and 136th (directly across the street from the Mercedes Benz dealership).

I generally as a rule of thumb don’t post my sightings or hauls on this thread because I order every non-exclusive figure off of EE so 90% of my annual posts on here would’ve been along the lines of “I spotted X wave or X figure at my doorstep” and that’s probably not super helpful to anyone.

Having said that though, if i did for some reason decide to keep my collection current by only choosing the retail/hunting route (that ship has looooong sailed), then I think I would just go to Gamestop at this point. As with any store from any chain, locality and mileage varies but I go to my local Gamestop on exactly the amount of occasions that require me to (I buy all my video games from Best Buy) and those occasions are when their exclusives (that I’ve preordered to be shipped to the store) get released. 

As of within the last week, that was quite a lot as my McFarlane COD Ghost Variant, McFarlane Stranger Things Ghostbuster 4-pack and Barb and my 4 PS4 Legends Spideys all came in. 25% all of that was fantastic as well I must say! I mean who does sales like that lol freaking amazing.

Back to why I bring up Gamestop in the first place (is digression a disease?) is because I every time I walk into my Gamestop, they have everything. Like everything. The only place I’ve seen the newest SW Black Series Wave? Gamestop. Only place I’ve seen real allocation and replenishment of the Sp/Dr and Apoc Waves? Gamestop. Archangel. MCU Ultron, Red Skull and Ronan. AIM Soldier 2-Pack. Newest wave of the SW Vintage Collection? Only place I’ve seen Legends Vintage wave 2 so far?Wait for it...Gamestop. On top of that, when it comes to waves I’ve seen at multiple retailers, I’m starting to consistently see those waves first at Gamestop and sometimes, by a substantial lead time.

Gamestop has invested a large amount of resources into slowly turning their physical stores into 50/50 operations (half games, half collectibles) and it looks like the company portfolio change, acquisition of ThinkGeek and aggressively doubling down on seeking out the toy manufactures to fully carry their lines and acquire exclusives, is definitely paying off. Year to date, GameStop’s figure/collectible revenue has increased 700%. Gamestop is now the 4th largest distributor of action figures/collectibles in the US, behind Amazon, Target and EE respectively. 

TRU closing was obviously a game changer for the competition but whatever your view on Gamestop may be as a retailer for figures, one thing is for sure and that is they are going out of their way to capture action figure market share more than any other retailer and they are only going to get more and more aggressive. The only real thing imo that they need to work on is their shipping and handling of the figures to both their stores and homes cause yeah...it’s less than ideal.

2 hours ago, Merchverse said:

Just a heads up. The First Ten Years Iron Man set, with Tony Stark and the Mark I repaint, is on sale for $24.86 at Walmart's website.

Thanks for posting! I haven't bought any of the MCU10 sets yet, but now I may pull the trigger on this one.

Walmart's online pricing is crazy. This exclusive is discounted by almost 50% and yet their Luke Cage / Claire Temple set is marked UP to $64.99. I assume the Cage set is priced the way it is because Walmart has a bot blindly scraping Amazon and 3rd party sellers are scalping it there for $64.99, but you'd think someone would notice the ridiculous pricing and adjust it. I reported it earlier this week through their online feedback form but I'm pretty sure that feedback goes into a black hole.

5 hours ago, Merchverse said:

Just a heads up. The First Ten Years Iron Man set, with Tony Stark and the Mark I repaint, is on sale for $24.86 at Walmart's website.

Does anyone have this set? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting that Tony Stark to custom into other characters or even to just make some unmasked IMs.

1 hour ago, Mangar said:

Thanks for posting! I haven't bought any of the MCU10 sets yet, but now I may pull the trigger on this one.

Walmart's online pricing is crazy. This exclusive is discounted by almost 50% and yet their Luke Cage / Claire Temple set is marked UP to $64.99. I assume the Cage set is priced the way it is because Walmart has a bot blindly scraping Amazon and 3rd party sellers are scalping it there for $64.99, but you'd think someone would notice the ridiculous pricing and adjust it. I reported it earlier this week through their online feedback form but I'm pretty sure that feedback goes into a black hole.

@Mangar

I’m not sure if you need the Walmart Cage & Temple Set but since you brought it up and mentioned the price, that set is available for preorder from EE for the $40 msrp. 

I don’t personally care for the set that much but since I’m a completionist and I loathe Walmart, I was pretty stoked when EE scooped it up lol. 

4 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

@Mangar

I’m not sure if you need the Walmart Cage & Temple Set but since you brought it up and mentioned the price, that set is available for preorder from EE for the $40 msrp. 

I don’t personally care for the set that much but since I’m a completionist and I loathe Walmart, I was pretty stoked when EE scooped it up lol. 

Gamestop somehow has this available in their online page for $39.99:

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collectibles/toys/marvel-legends-2-pack-luke-cage-claire-temple-action-figures/169217

4 minutes ago, americamgl said:

Does anyone have this set? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting that Tony Stark to custom into other characters or even to just make some unmasked IMs.

I have it and I personally think it’s a great set. For $25, it’s a REALLY great set lol. The stark head sculpt/paint is using the photo real tech and is EASILY the best Downey Jr likeness to date. I also never had that MK1 Armor since I went from owning every Toybiz figure to quitting Legends cold turkey when Hasbro took over and I didn’t get back into the Legends until I thought the quality was back, which was the Infinite rebrand in 2014.

1 minute ago, americamgl said:

I didn’t realize Gamestop snagged the set as well (looks like Hasbro is letting several retailers “rescue” recent exclusives (with Star Wars as well) so since Gamestop is still offering 25% off, they are probably a better deal right now than EE for those who still need the set. However, If you want a mint box like me, I definitely wouldn’t recommend ordering from Gamestop over EE lol.

1 hour ago, americamgl said:

I have it. I’m not big into the mcu figures but it’s a good suited figure and the face looks good. The mark 1 is okay. 

17 minutes ago, BradMan said:

Finally found Magik!  I was about ready to spend $30 on eBay just to stop checking every Walgreens I drive near...

This was in Clarksville, IN just across the river from Louisville, KY.

2D2089B1-C1C7-4507-BE04-F3E79F0E5D10.jpeg

Errr. Just left another Walgreen's with no luck. I'm convinced they have something against this Magik figure around here. All the other exclusives were no problem finding. What is the deal??

5 minutes ago, WaterSpider said:

Errr. Just left another Walgreen's with no luck. I'm convinced they have something against this Magik figure around here. All the other exclusives were no problem finding. What is the deal??

Honestly a big problem is scalpers. This is no lie- I went into Walgreens by my work, they had 6 of the Thing. Came back the next day for one and they were all gone, including any figures worth anything like Sandman wave symbiote Spidey.