Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

For anyone who has been holding off on the Vintage carded ML figures, EE has great deals on them for Black Friday - Wave 1 set for $52.49 ( av $8.75/each) and Wave 2 set for $87.49 (av $14.58/each) with free shipping and their usual mint guarantee:

Wave 1: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-1/hsc3994a

Wave 2: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-2/hsc3994b

1 hour ago, Mangar said:

For anyone who has been holding off on the Vintage carded ML figures, EE has great deals on them for Black Friday - Wave 1 set for $52.49 ( av $8.75/each) and Wave 2 set for $87.49 (av $14.58/each) with free shipping and their usual mint guarantee:

Wave 1: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-1/hsc3994a

Wave 2: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-2/hsc3994b

Yeah those are fantastic deals. I just ordered both cases for my dad for Xmas.

Also, on a side note, I would HIGHLY recommend no collector playing the waiting game on Vision. I personally think Vintage Wave 2 is superb but that Vision is INCREDIBLE. Great body mold, excellent headsculpt and the paint they used is something you have to see in person to really appreciate how impeccable it is. This Vision is hands down the most well done classic and comic styled version of the figure ever produced and sans a re-release, I can easily see this figure commanding a hefty price in the years to come.

This isn’t really a “sighting” or “haul” but i learned this information last week and in the event some collectors may find this info useful and/or don’t already know this info, I figured I’d post it.

Spiderman Wave 11 (Series 10) Kingpin BAF Case Breakdown:

1. Silver Sable. Comes with 2 guns and BAF right arm.

2. Black Suit Spidey. Comes with extra set of hands and both BAF heads.

3. Black Cat. Comes with whip as well as BAF left arm and BAF cane.

4. Red Goblin. Comes with tendril pieces (not sure if they are detachable or not) and BAF left leg.

5. Night Thrasher. Comes with 2 batons, skateboard and BAF right leg.

6. Puma. Comes with BAF torso. Not 100% sure but torso is likely 2 pieces.

7. Six-Armed Spidey. Comes with extra set of hands and no BAF piece. This is the 2 per case figure.

Just as has been the case for years, this Spidey wave will ship out from etailers between the last week of December and the first few weeks of January.

Expect this wave, the 2nd Panther wave and the Captain Marvel wave to be shipping out (from etailers) all around the same time (within the span of weeks from each other), starting at the end of December to the end of January. No rest for Legends!

On 11/23/2018 at 12:35 AM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Yeah those are fantastic deals. I just ordered both cases for my dad for Xmas.

Also, on a side note, I would HIGHLY recommend no collector playing the waiting game on Vision. I personally think Vintage Wave 2 is superb but that Vision is INCREDIBLE. Great body mold, excellent headsculpt and the paint they used is something you have to see in person to really appreciate how impeccable it is. This Vision is hands down the most well done classic and comic styled version of the figure ever produced and sans a re-release, I can easily see this figure commanding a hefty price in the years to come.

I was really dead set on not getting this wave cuz I simply didn't like the character selection, other than Ant-Man, of course but I had some credits at one of the etailers so I pulled the trigger. Every one of these figures is an improvement on the previous versions. From the plastics used to the change in sculpts (particularly with BP and Vision) to the superior paint apps. Never have I been more wrong about a wave. This is truly making me rethink my decision to pass on the BP wave 2 cuz I'm afraid I may be missing out on something. Only time will tell, I guess.

What's making this wave in particular weaker than previous waves? Try this; As far back as wave 4, there has been a classic villain (standalone) figure in every wave. A lot of times along with the BAF. Excluding the Build-A-Figure from this latest wave, there are no "classic" villains. Most here will say "but that's just one figure in a wave of six or seven", but the element that drives the Spider-Man line even more so than the different Spidey costumes or even (most recently) Spider-Verse characters are the members of his rogues gallery. His "classic" rogues in particular. For the 1st time I can remember, Hasbro actually double packed a Super Villain in a wave, and a highly requested one at that! The Kingpin BAF is the sole UNIVERSAL draw to this wave. Hell, even Hasbro knows that, ergo the Shadow King head. A lot of X fans are gonna want that body. I, myself am going to get a second BAF just so I can have both the Kingpin and Shadow King displayed in their respective villain shelves. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, decon said:

More so with Black Panther Wave 2.   

YMMV on that. Quite a lot of people were saying as far back as the trailers that they would've liked a figure of Killmonger in his mercenary duds instead of his Black Panther outfit. The two rereleases of previous BP figures are a bit execessive, though.

2 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

What's making this wave in particular weaker than previous waves? Try this; As far back as wave 4, there has been a classic villain (standalone) figure in every wave. A lot of times along with the BAF. Excluding the Build-A-Figure from this latest wave, there are no "classic" villains. Most here will say "but that's just one figure in a wave of six or seven", but the element that drives the Spider-Man line even more so than the different Spidey costumes or even (most recently) Spider-Verse characters are the members of his rogues gallery. His "classic" rogues in particular. For the 1st time I can remember, Hasbro actually double packed a Super Villain in a wave, and a highly requested one at that! The Kingpin BAF is the sole UNIVERSAL draw to this wave. Hell, even Hasbro knows that, ergo the Shadow King head. A lot of X fans are gonna want that body. I, myself am going to get a second BAF just so I can have both the Kingpin and Shadow King displayed in their respective villain shelves. Thoughts?

Exactly right, my compadre. Kingpin IS the villain in this wave and he is the number 1 draw here. The reason it took them so long to do this figure was for the sheer fact that he was a larger figure and they couldn't decide if they wanted to try to do it as a single card or catch some slack and do it as a BAF. If you'll remember, any time any interviewer asked Dwight about the status of a Kingpin, his most outward statement was "He should be really big.", more or less saying a TB sized figure wasn't large enough, pretty much laying out the likelyhood that he'd be a BAF.

Personally, I don't see it as a weak wave. Yeah, Spidey Six Arms is lame and the articulation leaves a lot to be desired, especially seeing so many customs pulling it off without losing the ab crunch, but I've become accustomed to the fact that there has to be at least one Spidey per wave (probably 2) and they aren't all gonna be winners. Personally I woulda liked a new Big Time Spidey (in red) or a Future Foundation Spidey, or a Bag Man, and they are coming, for sure, but we gotta get some of the bad with the good. I'll say it again. If they give us everything we want in every wave, how long could they really expect to extend the life of the line? The one thing I do know is if they had done a Big Time rather than a 6-Arm, you better believe there'd be a fair share of collectors complaining that the Pizza Spidey buck got used twice in the wave. Even though that buck is clearly the only proper buck to be used as any version of Peter Parker, that would be one of the biggest gripes on deck. Tell me I'm wrong.

I myself have been on the Night Thrasher bandwagon since Bagley transitioned from New Warriors to Amazing Spider-Man in the 90's. They wanna mess around an give me some more New Warriors (most of which would only require existing molds), sign me up. Silver Sable? I'm down. Puma? Kinda reaching, but I don't have him and he has crossed several hero's paths. Toned down Black Cat? Ehhhh...okay, the face is cool and she'll actually look okay in a modern display. Red Goblin? I completely hate the whole symbiote overload thing that's going down in Marvel right now, but he is current and relevent, so let's do it.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

YMMV on that. Quite a lot of people were saying as far back as the trailers that they would've liked a figure of Killmonger in his mercenary duds instead of his Black Panther outfit. The two rereleases of previous BP figures are a bit execessive, though.

Well anybody really dead set on grabbing a mercenary Killmonger shouldn’t have a hard time acquiring him as he is 2 per case along with the Vibranium charged BP.

As far as my thoughts on the Kingpin wave, while it certainly isn’t the “best wave” of Spidey Legends that’s been released (imo), it’s BAF is LEGIT. Case in point, I collect MOMC and only buy sporadic duplicate figures to open up each year (this year more than most years) and I for one will be buying a second wave of Kingpin just so I can have the BAF. This will be the first BAF (since the Toybiz day’s) that I’ve actually cared enough about/wanted, to actually buy a second wave of and build.

Before the final 3 figures to this wave were revealed, I personally thought this wave was garbage and shaping up to be the worst Spidey Wave to date (just talking about the wave roster, not the BAF) but the final 3 figures really turned this wave around for me. 

I, as some of you know, am all about the bad guys/villains and getting a new, never before released Classic Spidey villain in a wave will always trump whatever version(s) of Spidey also come in that wave. So, with that being said, I’m super pumped to be getting a classic Puma. Night Thrasher was and has been, on my shortlist for a long time so big win there for me as well. Six-Armed Spidey is also a huge win for me as I’ve always wanted an update to that early 90s Toybiz version that I adored and played with extensively as a kid and I couldn’t care less about the ab crunch as I’m just thrilled to be getting that figure.

The new Black Cat for me is meh and the Black Spidey is super meh. I know nothing of the Red Goblin (nor care to) because I’m already on board with the figure due to it being a new bad guy and I think it just looks cool enough as an action figure first and foremost.

The biggest disappoint for me is Sable as I have wanted a classic Sable to come out for a LONG time but since the figure is nowhere near being done in the classic outfit, the figure just really irks me a result.

12 hours ago, exc808 said:

What’s the odds of Kingpin being released separately later on?

IMO, the chances are low. I see why they released the MCU Thanos in the multi pack with Iron Man and Dr. Strange or Comic Thanos from Walmart (with the Avengers movie out there). Dont see why they would release this BAF alone, but would love to since this wave is not that great. I see an Age of Apocalypse multi pack with Apocalypse or Savage Land with Sauron, but Kingpin not sure...

5 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Well anybody really dead set on grabbing a mercenary Killmonger shouldn’t have a hard time acquiring him as he is 2 per case along with the Vibranium charged BP.

Nothing surprising there. He's probably one of the most popular villains Marvel's had in quite some time.

As for Kingpin, how often does Hasbro actually release BAFs as single figures? I know of Ares and the recent Walmart Thanos, as well as the few ini the 10 Years series, but it doesn't seem to happen too often.

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

Nothing surprising there. He's probably one of the most popular villains Marvel's had in quite some time.

As for Kingpin, how often does Hasbro actually release BAFs as single figures? I know of Ares and the recent Walmart Thanos, as well as the few ini the 10 Years series, but it doesn't seem to happen too often.

You're right about that, but let's not forget how much Hasbro loves to do BAF "exclusives" with nothing more than a color pallette change. Remember Abomination, Sandman and Dormamu? I wouldn't put it past them to include him in some sort of convention or etailer exclusive box set in his iconic black suit. Those of us who would love a differenciation between the Kingpin and Shadow King would be clamoring for it. Don't sleep on Hasbro's ability to identify and implement an easy way to part us fanboys from our money. Mark this down. I said it. There will be a black suited Kingpin/Shadow King some time in the not to distant future. Be it in single card exclusive or boxed exclusive, it will happen.

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

Well let’s take a look at the data and then collectors can determine for themselves. Below is a list of all BAFs that have also been made available in a set or as single carded release, since the Legends Infinite Series rebrand in spring 2014.

Total Released/Confirmed BAFs (2014-2019 so far): 38 

1. 2016 Civil War Wave 3 Abomination. Also released almost simultaneously in the SDCC Raft Set.

2. 2017 Spiderman Wave 7 Sandman. Also released 6 months earlier as a “sand” variant in the SDCC Raft Set.

3. 2015 AOU Wave 2 Thanos. Also released 3 years later as a Walmart Exclusive single carded figure in 2018.

4. 2015 AOU Wave 3 Hulkbuster. Also released 3 years later as Target Exclusive MCU 10th Anniversary box set in 2018.

5. 2015 Ant Man Wave Ultron Prime. Also released 3 years later as a MCU 10th Anniversary single carded figure in 2018.

6. 2014 GOTG Wave Groot. Also released 2.5 years later as a TRU Exclusive single carded figure in 2017.

7. 2018 Infinity War Wave 1 Thanos. Also released 6 months later in a MCU 10th Anniversary box set in 2018.

8. 2016 Dr. Strange Wave Dormammu. Also released 1 year earlier as part of the 2015 SDCC Book of Vishanti box set.

***Ares. Brought back in 2017.

***Arnim Zola. Coming back in 2019.

Those 8 above, not even including Ares or Zola, represent 21% of the total BAFs from 2014-2019 so far.

Also, one could make arguments on the following 2 BAFs:

1. The Black Panther Wave 1 Okoye has been re-released/re-purposes as the Ayo figure in Black Panther Wave 2, sans the different heads and what not.

2. The Jubilee BAF from the 2014 TRU X-Men Wave 1 is essentially no longer important thanks to the upcoming Jubilee from the Caliban X Wave.

Bottom line (and not even talking about Okoye or Jubilee), Hasbro has alternatively released or re-issued (so far), 10 BAFs since 2016. That’s not exactly a small number with all things considered. Not a large amount for sure but not entirely trivial either.

I for one would be fine if ALL BAFs found their way to single card or box set release, several years after being originally released-I think that’s just good business imo.

2 minutes ago, monron999 said:

You're right about that, but let's not forget how much Hasbro loves to do BAF "exclusives" with nothing more than a color pallette change. Remember Abomination, Sandman and Dormamu? I wouldn't put it past them to include him in some sort of convention or etailer exclusive box set in his iconic black suit. Those of us who would love a differenciation between the Kingpin and Shadow King would be clamoring for it. Don't sleep on Hasbro's ability to identify and implement an easy way to part us fanboys from our money. Mark this down. I said it. There will be a black suited Kingpin/Shadow King some time in the not to distant future. Be it in single card exclusive or boxed exclusive, it will happen.

I agree. Black suit Kingpin in a box set (single box release would be dope though) sounds extremely probable.

1 hour ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

1. 2016 Civil War Wave 3 Abomination. Also released almost simultaneously in the SDCC Raft Set.

2. 2017 Spiderman Wave 7 Sandman. Also released 6 months earlier as a “sand” variant in the SDCC Raft Set.

3. 2015 AOU Wave 2 Thanos. Also released 3 years later as a Walmart Exclusive single carded figure in 2018.

4. 2015 AOU Wave 3 Hulkbuster. Also released 3 years later as Target Exclusive MCU 10th Anniversary box set in 2018.

5. 2015 Ant Man Wave Ultron Prime. Also released 3 years later as a MCU 10th Anniversary single carded figure in 2018.

6. 2014 GOTG Wave Groot. Also released 2.5 years later as a TRU Exclusive single carded figure in 2017.

7. 2018 Infinity War Wave 1 Thanos. Also released 6 months later in a MCU 10th Anniversary box set in 2018.

8. 2016 Dr. Strange Wave Dormammu. Also released 1 year earlier as part of the 2015 SDCC Book of Vishanti box set.

So of those on the lists, the only ones not rereleased to tie into some sort of movie or other mass media release were Abomination and Sandman. All the rest were either part of the 10th anniversary line or to tie into a movie where the character in question was relevant (Groot for Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2, Dormammu for Doctor Strange and then most recently Thanos for Infinity War). 

So I'll stand by/slightly amend my previous statement: Hasbro doesn't usually rerelease the BAFs without some sort of other medium giving them reason to. Maybe if Daredevil gets a 4th season or something.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Difference here is that those were all convention exclusives that were later made available to the public, presumably because of the simple dollars and cents of creating a new figure and then not releasing it to mass retail is less economical. A new Kingpin could possibly be rereleased in a color variant down the line, but so far, looking at those past examples, it doesn't really fit the pattern laid out.