Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Yep, just going to grab Kingpin off of Ebay when the wave hits and his price is at a point that I am willing to pay. Skip the rest, skip Black Panther wave 2 and Captain Marvel. Grab Charles Xavier and cherry pick the X-Men wave, Gambit, Beast, Forge and Jubilee. Blink is a maybe. Pass on the other two. Grab Hercules, Loki, and Nighthawk when they hit. I maybe done for the year. Also Mystique when she hits and Quicksilver if the rumor is true.

8 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

Yep, just going to grab Kingpin off of Ebay when the wave hits and his price is at a point that I am willing to pay. Skip the rest, skip Black Panther wave 2 and Captain Marvel. Grab Charles Xavier and cherry pick the X-Men wave, Gambit, Beast, Forge and Jubilee. Blink is a maybe. Pass on the other two. Grab Hercules, Loki, and Nighthawk when they hit. I maybe done for the year. Also Mystique when she hits and Quicksilver if the rumor is true.

I'll agree with you about BP wave 2 and most of the Captain Marvel wave, but they've only really revealed 4 complete waves and 2 are set to hit late 2018/early 2019. Aside from the obligatory movie waves, which I agree, will probably be cherry pick worthy at best, there's a whole hell a lot of year left, including another X-Men wave, 2 more Spider-Man waves and maybe an X-Force wave, plus a fair number of store and convention exclusives. Isn't assume you, or anybody will get off cheap this year is a little premature at this point?

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'll agree with you about BP wave 2 and most of the Captain Marvel wave, but they've only really revealed 4 complete waves and 2 are set to hit late 2018/early 2019. Aside from the obligatory movie waves, which I agree, will probably be cherry pick worthy at best, there's a whole hell a lot of year left, including another X-Men wave, 2 more Spider-Man waves and maybe an X-Force wave, plus a fair number of store and convention exclusives. Isn't assume you, or anybody will get off cheap this year is a little premature at this point?

What I have left to like to see made are:

Spiderman: Classic Vulture, Scorpion, and maybe a Hydroman. Not huge priorities for me so my Spidey collection is pretty much done. Ultimate Vulture is my go too and I can live with Toybiz Scorpion.

Avengers: Comic versions of Falcon, War Machine, Tigra, and Quicksilver. Dr. Strange is his classic colors would be sweet. I am getting tired of waiting for these so if they do not get done this year then I am calling it a wrap. It seems doubtful at this point for Falcon, War Machine, and Tigra. Quicksilver and Dr Strange I can see being repaints for the Vintage line but not going to hold my breath.

X-Men: Jim Lee Storm, Colossus classic, Banshee Jim Lee or classic either works for me, Nightcrawler classic, Longshot, Dazzler in her Outback 80's outfit (Maybe will never happen), Firestar (Not a priority anymore), and maybe a Rachel Grey (same as Firestar). X-Men are one case per year. The Jim Lee Blue Team is now complete and the Gold Team is close as well as far as I am concerned. The ones I am interested in seeing get done are Storm which was teased and Colossus but will settle for the wave 2 version. I am settling on wave 1 Iceman and the Jean Grey I got some years ago. With X-Men being one wave per year and a rumor of prices going up again on Legends to 25 dollars, I am calling it a wrap. I am going to have to make due with Toybiz versions of Nightcrawler (Not really that bad), Longshot, and Banshee.

Villains: Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Skurge, Pyro, Avalanche, and some others. Villains are not a huge priority.  They either get done or not.

Amazon has some good ML deals today for Cyber Monday:

• Sentinel / Wolverine: $84.59
  • MCU10 Cap / Crossbones: $25.47
  • MCU10 IM / Pepper / Mandarin: $44.99
  • MCU10 Ant-Man / YellowJacket: $26.24
  • MCU10 Thor / Sif: $23.79
  • MCU10 IM Mark VII: $14.99 (has been this price for a week)
  • MCU10 Red Skull: $11.97
  • Black Widow & Motorcycle: $13.97

Walmart is matching many of those deals, plus:

• MCU10 IM / Thanos / Dr Strange: $39.00
  • MCU10 Cap / Crossbones: $20.97
  • MCU10 IM Mark 1 / Tony Stark $24.86 (has been this price for a while)

On 11/20/2018 at 9:35 PM, Rukkdeez said:

I've got 2 spare (bought a case and only using 6 along with my wave fig). Get at me.

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind, need to give the wallet a break for now with the holidays coming up.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Why are you giving up on buying a figure that is so readily available lol? I ordered 4 extra Multiple Men from EE and they shipped them to me a couple of months ago. He is still currently on their site and is in-stock. EE charges only pennies over retail MSRP and you get free shipping if you spend $80. Go army build to your hearts content lol

Online availability isn't the same as readily available, I don't live in an area where new ML stuff is easy to find, I've been going the online route for a very long time now.  If I was desperate to have two or three more, I'd probably have gone with EE awhile ago. I don't personally consider army building to be a priority, as much as just an interesting thing, if I never get more Multiple Men, I'll be fine.  My preference for army building is to find them at retail, maybe even a little under MSRP.  Besides, I already have one of each, just not the color variant of Psylocke.    

On 11/26/2018 at 1:54 AM, Dodge76 said:

What I have left to like to see made are:

Spiderman: Classic Vulture, Scorpion, and maybe a Hydroman. Not huge priorities for me so my Spidey collection is pretty much done. Ultimate Vulture is my go too and I can live with Toybiz Scorpion.

Avengers: Comic versions of Falcon, War Machine, Tigra, and Quicksilver. Dr. Strange is his classic colors would be sweet. I am getting tired of waiting for these so if they do not get done this year then I am calling it a wrap. It seems doubtful at this point for Falcon, War Machine, and Tigra. Quicksilver and Dr Strange I can see being repaints for the Vintage line but not going to hold my breath.

X-Men: Jim Lee Storm, Colossus classic, Banshee Jim Lee or classic either works for me, Nightcrawler classic, Longshot, Dazzler in her Outback 80's outfit (Maybe will never happen), Firestar (Not a priority anymore), and maybe a Rachel Grey (same as Firestar). X-Men are one case per year. The Jim Lee Blue Team is now complete and the Gold Team is close as well as far as I am concerned. The ones I am interested in seeing get done are Storm which was teased and Colossus but will settle for the wave 2 version. I am settling on wave 1 Iceman and the Jean Grey I got some years ago. With X-Men being one wave per year and a rumor of prices going up again on Legends to 25 dollars, I am calling it a wrap. I am going to have to make due with Toybiz versions of Nightcrawler (Not really that bad), Longshot, and Banshee.

Villains: Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Skurge, Pyro, Avalanche, and some others. Villains are not a huge priority.  They either get done or not.

It's being pretty well speculated, tho admittedly unconfirmed, that there will be at least one more X-Men related wave this year whether it be an actual X-Men, Deadpool, X-Force or other remains to be seen. The strangest outlier here is the Wendigo BAF (if it is a BAF). Where the hell is he supposed to fit in? The most logical place for him would be a Wolverine or Hulk wave, but honestly he could fit anywhere. He's been all over the Marvel Universe. He's not widely recognizable outside the Marvel fan base so he'll probably not be a single release, so I've got my hopes it'll be Canadian hero (Alpha Flight?) based wave, and only X-Men in name. Guess we'll have to wait for Toyfair. Just wild speculation at this point.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, greenlucario said:

Definitely, I've almost given up on army building Multiple Man.  And yeah, Psylocke, I figure I'm not going to see that one anywhere.

Truth!  I did luckily pre order two of multiple man because I found a site that let you pre order individuals. Just this Black Friday I picked up two more at That same site for like 35 bucks shipped. But yeah I can’t find sh*t at any Target either here 

17 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Anyone else pick up the Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet prop from Amazon's Cyber Monday sale for $47?

Really thought about it, but I don't have anywhere to put it, that was a great deal though.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, greenlucario said:

Online availability isn't the same as readily available, I don't live in an area where new ML stuff is easy to find, I've been going the online route for a very long time now.  If I was desperate to have two or three more, I'd probably have gone with EE awhile ago. I don't personally consider army building to be a priority, as much as just an interesting thing, if I never get more Multiple Men, I'll be fine.  My preference for army building is to find them at retail, maybe even a little under MSRP.  Besides, I already have one of each, just not the color variant of Psylocke.    

If you only prefer to army build by buying at retail and/or by taking advantage of sales, that’s one thing and that’s totally cool. I couldn’t ascertain that from your original post obviously as the the thing that stuck out  to me was the whole “giving up on trying to find the figure” thing.

However, a figure being made available online, for anyone in the country to purchase with ease and a few clicks on a phone, is literally the same as being readily available to all. There is a distinction but with no difference. Being readily available at retail is purely subjective based on the regional, county and city locality of the Collector and the density of the populous that resides within said localities. Case in point; you stated you struggle to find new legends/Multiple Men in your area and I have seen MM on at least 8-9 separate occasions in retail to date (about half of those locations were GameStop’s). Locally speaking, he’s been readily available for me but clearly, he’s not readily available at retail for all...so that’s not really being “readily available” when contextualized by locality. Said figure however being available on a website for that ships nationwide, for MSRP, for months on end, is truly then available to all.

I, (along with you as you stated), have been choosing the online route for years because it’s just the most practical and stress free approach. This is especially true if you are heavy collector or completionist such as myself. If you pre-order, you’re just gonna miss out on fall/holiday sales is all. I don’t usually have the luxury of waiting for something to hit clearance at B&M retail (even when I know for 100% fact that it will), because I need a mint package but hey, that’s my prerogative.

I must concede however that after witnessing the PLETHORA of Legends sales that transpired across all the different stores/sites, over the Black Friday/Cyber Week period, I’m probably going to be more discnering in what I preorder for 2019.

I have a buddy that’s a fellow legends completionist but who has much stricter budget limitations than I do and man he CLEANED UP this past week. Dozens and dozens of single carded legends for under $10 a pop. Black Widow bike for $13, Ghost Rider bike for $22, Vintage Wave 2 case for over $30 off, all of the Apoc Wave and other new legends waves for 15-20% of retail, Sasquatch case for $65 less, SP/DR case for $40 less, almost all of the MCU 10th sets for 40-50% off, etc etc I could go on and on and on lol. He basically saved a ton of money this year by barely buying anything, hoping the gamble would pay off for Black/Cyber sales and man did it pay off lol. I don’t remember every single thing he bought but I know he saved at least $500 off msrp, maybe more.

There’s no reason to suggest that Legends product will be slowing down in 2019 so this should serve as evidence that it might just be worth skipping a lot of product next year, to then turn around and get a ton of it on Black/Cyber deals for a fraction of the cost. Mileage will vary and to each their own of course. 

I am definetely doing that. I am going to wait until Black Friday/Cyberweek to get most of the stuff next year. I will however get the ones that obviously I know for sure will be harder to get (e.g. Mysterio, Cyclops, etc from 2018).

I was able to get the Ghost Rider for $23, I also got a second DP from the Sasquatch wave for $9 this Cyber Monday. I also saw other figures which I did not get because I already have them like Archangel for $19.99+$4.00 shipping from Dorkside Toys, I saw the ML black knight for $13.00, saw Cable (which I paid $24.99) for $11.00.

Yeah definetely looking foward to Black Friday next year.