Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 1/8/2019 at 12:31 AM, monron999 said:

I totally agree, that X-Men wave is far and away the best X-Wave ever. Certainly better than that so called "strongest wave to date" they put out last year with a Gladiator retread that wasn't ever really that good to begin with and those weird and short lived era versions of Storm and Magneto. It is a total party wrecker that they capped it off with one of the most terribly unnecessary, totally unrequested, totally odd and irrelevant characters in Marvel history as the BAF. But ehhh....as some have said, it probably never woulda been made otherwise. I've never been one to shy away from the more obscure ilk, but he's just such a poor and bland and uninspired design and to be honest I still don't know what the hell his powers are. As far as I can tell he can sense mutants within a certain proximity to himself and then he can track them down and instill fear into them and then he can siphon off that fear into his own body to increase his strength to a maximum capacity of (drum roll, please) 10 tons. Oh, and he has nails to scratch with and fangs to uhhhhh, bite or scare with? I guess. I know it's been pointed out over and again that his powers were boosted a little while he served as one of Apocalypse's horsemen (but again, what the hell exactly were they), but this is not that version of him. I'll buy him. I'll build him. I'll display him. Who knows, maybe he'll even strike a little fear in my heart that I might like him more than I want to.

Now I know some of you guys are gonna call me out as just being sour cuz we still haven't got a Strong Guy yet, but that's only cuz it's true, but all kidding aside, wouldn't Nimrod or even Rockslide, for that matter, have been a better choice? They're both a little obscure but have been more significant than Caliban ever was and probably ever will be.

And just as a personal opinion, good call on deciding to build out Monster Venom. It too was one that I really liked a lot more than I expected once I had it in hand. Not really missing much with Rhino & Lizzy.

Agreed. Additionally, if the rumored X-Force Wave actually comes out this year AND if it’s a full 90s roster (as it should be), then I legitimately think Strong Guy might make his debut.

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Kingpin wave came in on Friday, overall not a bad wave, I think 2018 spoiled a lot of people, myself included.  But it's not the weakest wave of Spider-Man related figures, still think that goes to the Space Knight Venom wave.  Kingpin is definitely worth it, and Red Goblin is for me a show stealer.  No getting around the disappointment of Six Arm Spidey though.  

Agreed. It may not be the weakest Spidey Wave to date but for me, it’s definitely up there. Night Thrasher, Puma and Six-Armed Spidey is what pulled the wave out of the gutter for me. I have no attachment to Red Goblin at all as I had no idea who/what he was (i stopped reading Modern Marvel comics sans a very select few titles) prior to seeing the figure debut but I don’t need to know who he is either because I’m an action figure collector first and foremost and the figure looks cool enough/fine enough on its own merits for me to like it.

Everyone is so sour over the 6-Armed Spidey (I wholeheartedly understand it could have been better) but the figure that sours my apples the most is Sable, simply because she is not in her classic attire. How many YEARS have we waited to get a Sable and they don’t release her in classic form? It maddens me to no end.

As far as the 6-Armed Spidey goes, I’m just happy to have him and getting an update to a 90s ToyBiz Figure that I played with to oblivion and back as a child, really tickles my fancy. For me, I’d simply rather have the 6-Armed Spidey we got, then not have one at all. I am certainly no hasbro aplogist but this Spidey gets an easy pass from me, strictly due to nostalgia and sentimentalism.

Beyond that, I am capable of looking at the picture as a whole and to that end, we received over 130 individual Legends figures last year alone. I would have to double check my inventory but I think the final number for 2018 was 137, figures including BAFs and repaints. Point being, out of THAT many figures, how many were truly terrible action figures and/or had awful articulation schemes? 6-Armed Spidey will no doubt be a part of another year (2019) with a 100 or more Legends releases in it so, speaking for myself only of course, a couple subpar figures out of that many releases surely isn’t going to ruin my day lol.

Sorry, no matter how hard I sometimes try, I often wind up ranting on like a lunatic anyways.

7 minutes ago, fleskz said:

Why won't Marvelous news let us start location based sightings? What y'all have in Miami and Los Angeles does me no good. And what I find in Chicago, does most of you no good. I need to know which stores in chicagoland have a Dora Milaje. I can google the internet options. Location based sightings makes soooooooo much more sense!

cause like I said it doesn't matter where you live, there is no need to make threads for every region. If you can't find info that is useful for you in this thread, then search online for group and stuff that give you info.

As a person who live in a small town in Ireland I rarely if ever use this thread as it never applies for me. But I wouldn't make a thread just to give info on Legends I found in my town or country (as non existence legends is outside comics stores are). 

I use this thread to see if there is any good Etailer deals and to see if something has been released.

19 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Agreed. It may not be the weakest Spidey Wave to date but for me, it’s definitely up there. Night Thrasher, Puma and Six-Armed Spidey is what pulled the wave out of the gutter for me. I have no attachment to Red Goblin at all as I had no idea who/what he was (i stopped reading Modern Marvel comics sans a very select few titles) prior to seeing the figure debut but I don’t need to know who he is either because I’m an action figure collector first and foremost and the figure looks cool enough/fine enough on its own merits for me to like it.

Everyone is so sour over the 6-Armed Spidey (I wholeheartedly understand it could have been better) but the figure that sours my apples the most is Sable, simply because she is not in her classic attire. How many YEARS have we waited to get a Sable and they don’t release her in classic form? It maddens me to no end.

As far as the 6-Armed Spidey goes, I’m just happy to have him and getting an update to a 90s ToyBiz Figure that I played with to oblivion and back as a child, really tickles my fancy. For me, I’d simply rather have the 6-Armed Spidey we got, then not have one at all. I am certainly no hasbro aplogist but this Spidey gets an easy pass from me, strictly due to nostalgia and sentimentalism.

Beyond that, I am capable of looking at the picture as a whole and to that end, we received over 130 individual Legends figures last year alone. I would have to double check my inventory but I think the final number for 2018 was 137, figures including BAFs and repaints. Point being, out of THAT many figures, how many were truly terrible action figures and/or had awful articulation schemes? 6-Armed Spidey will no doubt be a part of another year (2019) with a 100 or more Legends releases in it so, speaking for myself only of course, a couple subpar figures out of that many releases surely isn’t going to ruin my day lol.

Sorry, no matter how hard I sometimes try, I often wind up ranting on like a lunatic anyways.

Definitely agree.  And as a major Spider-Man fan, I'm glad to at least have a Six Armed Spidey in my collection, it just doesn't quite hit the mark.  For me Black Cat's modern figure was my biggest disappointment.  And while, I'd have liked a more 90s Silver Sable, I'm willing to live with the one we've got for the same reason as Six Armed Spidey, we might never see another attempt again, and those are slots in my Spider-Man collection I'm glad to see filled.  

6 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Definitely agree.  And as a major Spider-Man fan, I'm glad to at least have a Six Armed Spidey in my collection, it just doesn't quite hit the mark.  For me Black Cat's modern figure was my biggest disappointment.  And while, I'd have liked a more 90s Silver Sable, I'm willing to live with the one we've got for the same reason as Six Armed Spidey, we might never see another attempt again, and those are slots in my Spider-Man collection I'm glad to see filled.  

Ya, I kept trying to convince myself that the 6 arm Spidey would be much better in hand but man was I wrong. It's actually a lot worse. Seriously, that's about the most mailed in figure I've seen from Hasbro since Eel or Secret Whatever-The-Hell Captain America. I know it's just a gimme that they had to do another Spidey for the wave and this really looks like a rushed to production effort. It looks like they just figured that particular movie based figure would never be used again so the just altered it and used the standard already produced arm sculpts with minor added details. With that they created a totally iconic and unique version of the main character at minimal cost. That being said, it leaves one wondering what's the hold up on an updated Big Time Spidey? It's gotta be coming sometime soon, right? It's only a matter of an existing sculpt with new paint apps. It doesn't even have to be the same color. I'm sure we'd all be fine with red or blue at this point. Whatever, I got it. It's different and it won't be the first figure to find permanent residence in my storage bin. SpideyX6, meet Toxin and about 50 different versions of MCU Star Lord. Like most, the new toned down Black Cat mad me sad and was completely unecessary. As far as Sable, she has been interpreted about 100 different ways in 100 different issues so the specifics of a particular look don't really bother me. There's no mistaking who she is and that bitchy head sculpt is spot on. My favorite after KP and NT.

20 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, I kept trying to convince myself that the 6 arm Spidey would be much better in hand but man was I wrong. It's actually a lot worse. Seriously, that's about the most mailed in figure I've seen from Hasbro since Eel or Secret Whatever-The-Hell Captain America. I know it's just a gimme that they had to do another Spidey for the wave and this really looks like a rushed to production effort. It looks like they just figured that particular movie based figure would never be used again so the just altered it and used the standard already produced arm sculpts with minor added details. With that they created a totally iconic and unique version of the main character at minimal cost. That being said, it leaves one wondering what's the hold up on an updated Big Time Spidey? It's gotta be coming sometime soon, right? It's only a matter of an existing sculpt with new paint apps. It doesn't even have to be the same color. I'm sure we'd all be fine with red or blue at this point. Whatever, I got it. It's different and it won't be the first figure to find permanent residence in my storage bin. SpideyX6, meet Toxin and about 50 different versions of MCU Star Lord. Like most, the new toned down Black Cat mad me sad and was completely unecessary. As far as Sable, she has been interpreted about 100 different ways in 100 different issues so the specifics of a particular look don't really bother me. There's no mistaking who she is and that bitchy head sculpt is spot on. My favorite after KP and NT.

Yeah, there's not much to praise about Six Arm Spidey.  But, if we've got to get every Spidey I guess it will do, just barely.  It could have been done so much better though.  I'd like them to re-do Big Time, Pizza Spidey mold of course, and I'd be fine to see all three color versions, green, blue, and red.  I'm pretty much fine with Sable as is, I was a little rough equating her with Six Arm Spidey.  She's at least a figure that fills a spot and is good for what she needs to be.  I'd also put her at number three, behind Red Goblin and Kingpin in my case.    

Picked up Silver Sable at GameStop yesterday. Got Captain Marvel at Wal-Mart and saw Red Skull/Hydra Agent for $13 for those who want to army build. Also Kilmonger/ Ross 2 pack is now $11.98 at my local Target. Im in GA

Lastly, free shipping from disney store today only if anyone is still trying to get DS Thanos. Code is FREESHIP

Captain Marvel wave hit big in my area (NW Texas). Caught me off guard so everything was picked over by the time I found out. Fury and jacket Danvers are already warming the pegs. I managed to find a Gargoyle someone had tried to stash (rookie) though. The MCU Captain Marvel actually looks pretty good sculpt wise but every single one I saw had massive sloppy paint flaws. Maybe they'll be better on the 2nd go round. The Sentry BAF (my friend's) looks just as wonky in hand as it did in promo picks. He's selling it on ebay. By far the worst wave since Doctor Strange. They keep giving us waves like this it's gonna be an easy year on my wallet for ML.

No sign of BP2 though. If it as bad as the Captain Marvel wave it's gonna be an easy pass. I'll probably spend most of my money army building the Dora Milaje.

10 hours ago, mako said:

Having checked nearly every store in my area, the only Captain Marvel wave figure I've been able to find so far is a single Grey Gargoyle some . . . sweet-heart had swiped the build-a-figure piece from.

Seriously, between the general incompetence of the average Arkansas Big-Box store, scalpers, and punk-@$$ed thieves, its a wonder I ever find any action figures at all . . . or even try.

Unfortunately I think I'm just about to send you over the edge, my friend. Just in time to elevate your state of general frustration, I ran across this beauty just minutes ago.

And so it begins. People, if you can't afford your habit and this is what you have to do to support your hobby, do us all a favor and quit this hobby. Or die. Either way, I keeps me from having to see this crap every time I walk the to isle. You're a douche.

20190119_124747.jpg

Hasbro REALLY needs to change the packaging design to something that's not so easy to tamper with and return. It has become a huge problem with Legends. The only new figs I've seen in Chicago recently are a single Grey Gargoyle and a 6-armed Spidey at my nearest Target. I agree about Amazon- I just hate that I can't check out the paint jobs first.

Is there a thread that discusses trading in depth? There's currently one questionable (in my opinion) thread on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum.

I'm sorry to iterate topics that I'm positive have previously been discussed at great length, but I'm very new to this forum. I know we're all sick of scalpers and the lack of variety in selection or the lack of current waves in most of our local brick-and-mortar retailers.

I've posted elsewhere in another thread that I'm totally open to mailing any figures that my local retailers have in abundance to those who cannot find them. I propose that this service is executed at cost, with the only additional expense to the recipient being the shipping cost.

Has this practice ever been attempted by any members of this forum? Obviously there's the inherent potential of scammers being among us as well. I myself being new (and therefore not yet having had the opportunity to be burned) am very willing to attempt this with anyone who wants to give it a shot.

I'm hoping I'm not violating any forum soliciting rules, or repeating a notion that has been presented and spectacularly failed.

Contrarily, if this practice is already in effect to some degree of success, could anyone point me to the appropriate thread?

Thanks!