Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

hey everyone. I stopped in a WalMart this morning looking for something else. To my surprise they put out a huge display of Avengers Marvel Legends. Someone already bought the entire first wave of Marvel Legends figures. However they must not have seen all of the Wal-Mart exclusive Loki with Corvus Glaive two packs on the other side of it. There were six of them. Looks like the display comes with 1 case of the Latest Avengers Marvel Legend wave, also comes with an older case of Marvel legends Avengers wave Cull obsidian BAF. So if there are some of you looking for those be on the lookout.  There was also plenty of other stuff like the shampoo bottles and the Basic 6 inch line as well. Not all walmarts have put theirs out yet. The other two I went to did not have them out. 

Happy Hunting to all. I hope all of you get your Corvus Glaive exclusive. 

EDIT: Oops... Looks like it's just showing up as pre-order for local pickup and no shipping available. YMMV...

Walmart exclusive Loki & Corvus Glave is back up for pre-order on their website again with a ship date of 3/31 (current as of 5:00 PM EST):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Legends-Series-Avengers-Infinity-War-Loki-Corvus-Glaive-2-Pack/870122289

hey anyone in Canada find themselves Silver Sable or Red Goblin yet? I certainly have not seen them, and I Pre-ordered them on Amazon.ca and they still say Out of Stock, they even e-mailed me to tell me they are unable to get them still, what the hell is up with these two figs? seems like are they really just low-balling them in the assortment? even amazon.com doesen't have them up until a week ago, and now they are not even being sold from Amazon directly, toys r us won't ship them to your home, how obscure are these figures and how elusive are they acting with anyone else, my other online canadian stores don't seem to have any in stock, still back ordered and i don't even see em on many american sites, seems megaopolis toys didn't have em yet. EE or BBTS

Dorksidetoys has a good sale going on today.  Bunch of cap marvel wave figs loose for $9  (some are $13 with BAF part), plus i was able to finish m'baku by getting the panthers for $13 each!  Definitely worth checking out if you are behind on waves from earlier this year or the end of 2018.  Shipping is flat $6 (although free if you spend $100).

Just went out and saw that Toys R Us had a bunch of the Endgame wave, mostly a ton of caps (10), 1 Nighthawk and 1 Citizen V, EB Games also had 2 Caps, plus went to a local con, and ended up finally grabbing Red Goblin and Silver Sable, as well as Living Laser, and Hope Summers (for 10 bucks!), The one shop there had all of the Kingpin wave, all of the M'Baku wave, all of the Captain Marvel wave and all of the Endgame wave, didn't want any of the other Endgame figs, got what I wanted, Toys R Us was fully stocked however with all toys endgame (basic series) so thats officially going down now

48 minutes ago, mako said:

My local Wally World looked like it had just put up an endcap with Endgame kiddie toys this afternoon. From what I could see just a bunch of role-play stuff and the like. No figures, no Legends. I did order Nighthawk, my "must have" from the Endgame wave, off Pulse.

Probably get back on later in the week and finish off with Citizen V and Living Laser. Debating on preordering Herc. I want him almost as much as Nighthawk, but I have that pesky rule against preordering.

What’s your rule against preordering?

9 hours ago, mako said:

That's pretty much it, I don't preorder. Prices can change, preorders can be cancelled out from under you, releases can be delayed.

I prefer not to tie up my money, and to only order when what I want is "in stock."

Uhhhmmmm, your money doesn't get "tied up" with preorders. You don't get charged until the product in question comes in and you normally can cancel anytime.

I've pre-ordered stuff occasionally in the past but have come around to Mako's way of thinking on this.  Additionally, have heard people talk about how WM's system screwed up and started charging people multiple times for the same order  of the Corvus 2-pack (basically charging them once every 24 hours) and had trouble straightening it out.. no thanks.

13 hours ago, mako said:

That's pretty much it, I don't preorder. Prices can change, preorders can be cancelled out from under you, releases can be delayed.

I prefer not to tie up my money, and to only order when what I want is "in stock."

I envy your restraint.  I am much too impatient to not at least have the comfort of knowing that I have one on pre-order on back up somewhere.  

3 hours ago, mako said:

I bet you balance your checkbook like my Mom used to.

I'm not the kind of guy that puts money in the bank on the 13th because a bill is due on the 14th. If I make a preorder, I make sure I have the money in the bank first. That money is then earmarked for the preorder and remains untouched until BBTS, Megalopolis, or whoever puts the charge through . . . that's just good bookkeeping. Hence, that money is "tied up."

As for cancelling anytime, if I don't have a preorder, I don't have to worry about cancelling it.

I do the same with my pre-orders, but I use my PayPal account so either the money is taken out immediately or I update my spreadsheet and ensure that those funds are not touched until  after I know the pre-order has processed.  I've saved myself a good bit of headache pre-ordering though.  I do not have the ability to hunt at retail all that often and even though I have a job where I am at my computer most of my day, I do not have time to monitor all of the sites to see when stuff goes in stock.  

Also, now with sites like Hasbro Pulse, I am paying exactly retail to have the figures I pre-order shipped directly to me.  The only catch there is that they do not allow you to use PayPal for those orders.  

1 hour ago, mako said:

Have you tried the Paypal Business Debit Card? Works just like directly using your Paypal account, but since it's underwritten by Master Card, I can use it even where they don't accept Paypal (jeez, I sound like a commercial).

Anyway, you guys talked me into it, I just used mine to pre-order Hercules on Pulse. No problem.

Nice!  Pulse has been on the money.  I ordered a Mace Windu from there recently on a Monday and it was at my doorstep by Thursday.  If you can catch them when they go up and have premium it is well worth the order I think.