Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

7 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Caliban wave is showing up in Charlotte NC.  It’s all over Insatgram.  I am in NC and plan on hitting up my area this week, but I am not hopeful as we usually get stuff later.  I bet we see it hit pulse soon if it is showing up in stores now.

Sweet! This is the main wave I have been looking forward too this year.

2 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Thank you!  I was shocked when the employee came out of the back with the full case.  Full on adrenaline rush!

It's got me itching to go out on a major hunt, but i bet you and a handful of people are going to be the only ones who end up successful, I doubt here in Canada we will see these until release date or even after, plus I bet if these even came around my area they'd have been snatched up instantly (who wouldn't)

now let's see you build that Caliban !

31 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's got me itching to go out on a major hunt, but i bet you and a handful of people are going to be the only ones who end up successful, I doubt here in Canada we will see these until release date or even after, plus I bet if these even came around my area they'd have been snatched up instantly (who wouldn't)

now let's see you build that Caliban !

Absolutely!  I plan on opening them and building that big lug as soon as I put my kids to bed haha

Here are some loose shots!  I didn’t take Blink out of the package because I ended up selling her in the package minus the BAF on eBay.  I just wasn’t interested in hanging onto her.

The whole wave is amazing but Gambit, Beast, and Jubilee are the major standouts as expected.  With that said the Weapon X is by far my favorite from the wave (obvious, I know).  Gambit is a whole new torso and Jubilee is pretty much an entirely new figure.  Skullbuster is a straight repaint with a new jacket.  All the way to the spot for the flag and hole in the chest for a tube on the torso.  

Caliban is a figure I had no desire for at all, but after putting him together, he is fantastic.  He will be a cool sidekick for my Apocalypse BAF.

E725A472-E3E4-43F4-897A-714A9390D482.jpeg

4911591E-C37A-43F5-9A1C-320266EE0C96.jpeg

C5C0E2C9-8E64-4F5E-B7C4-B9A66A501F47.jpeg

803969D4-1DF4-455E-BE42-EDA71E25957A.jpeg

CA0CAE82-F10E-4305-BD6E-FF56D0B24FDF.jpeg

84C0D11F-8E1A-499C-85E8-FC0E407F57B3.jpeg

24898B93-6E95-447B-AB3A-49E6742C89AF.jpeg

09852A8F-174C-4791-91EF-2141D8BA83AD.jpeg

14 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Here are some loose shots!  I didn’t take Blink out of the package because I ended up selling her in the package minus the BAF on eBay.  I just wasn’t interested in hanging onto her.

The whole wave is amazing but Gambit, Beast, and Jubilee are the major standouts as expected.  With that said the Weapon X is by far my favorite from the wave (obvious, I know).  Gambit is a whole new torso and Jubilee is pretty much an entirely new figure.  Skullbuster is a straight repaint with a new jacket.  All the way to the spot for the flag and hole in the chest for a tube on the torso.  

Caliban is a figure I had no desire for at all, but after putting him together, he is fantastic.  He will be a cool sidekick for my Apocalypse BAF.

Awesome!, yeah I actually went hunting after you had such good luck, and as I suspected I had no luck! unless I wanted Citizen V and Cloak haha, they look great. I really want to build that Caliban BAF (surprised you and so many others seem indifferent to him, he's so damn awesome looking), also surprised you don't care about Blink that's one of my most wanted from this wave next to Jubs and Beast

3 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Awesome!, yeah I actually went hunting after you had such good luck, and as I suspected I had no luck! unless I wanted Citizen V and Cloak haha, they look great. I really want to build that Caliban BAF (surprised you and so many others seem indifferent to him, he's so damn awesome looking), also surprised you don't care about Blink that's one of my most wanted from this wave next to Jubs and Beast

I get the love, but I honestly don’t have room for her on my shelf.  That, and I stick (relatively) close to the 90s animated series characters.  She is a great figure, just not one I need really.  Didn’t make sense not to pick her up for the BAF piece though considering I was already buying six of the seven figures anyway.

9 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Update!!! Found them in Durham, NC today!!

4777E8F2-1D6A-4EBF-BDD2-C965B84F1DFF.jpeg

That's awesome! Do you mind taking pics of the Jubilee heads? What's difference between the two? Just the bubblegum? Are both sunglasses removable? If so I wonder why they didn't just do both the gum and glasses removable. I think it would've been better if the second Jubes head had a different hairstyle.

6 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

That's awesome! Do you mind taking pics of the Jubilee heads? What's difference between the two? Just the bubblegum? Are both sunglasses removable? If so I wonder why they didn't just do both the gum and glasses removable. I think it would've been better if the second Jubes head had a different hairstyle.

Only the bubblegum head's glasses are removable and for some reason they gave me an extra pair of them in the package?  The gum and her expression are the only real differences.  I will post some pics later today of the differences for you.  

I am actually torn as to which head to display her with.  Both of them look really good, though I understand the hairstyle complaint.  

4 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

Congrats on the X-Men wave! Did you have to ask for the stocker to check in the back or did you happen to walk up on him or her putting them out?

I asked them to look in the back.  I gave them the DCPI and asked if they could see if they had more in the back since the ones from the assortment I was looking for were not on the shelf.  I knew that they had some new ones in stock though because I called before I went and asked how recently they had received that DCPI (April 6th).  

13 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Great man!!! So lucky for you to find them!!

13 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Congrats on find, they look pretty great, thanks for the pics.

3 hours ago, mako said:

Just stumbled across Herc on Amazon. Actually in stock, and for retail price. Instead of the normal Prime Guaranteed Delivery, the best they could do is an "Estimated" delivery of the 11th-12th. Still, better than the "Estimated Arrival" date of the 29th over at Pulse so I pulled the trigger and canceled my Pulse pre-order.

Good call!  I love that Pulse allows you to cancel.  I feel like the best bet is to go ahead and get the preorder with them since it is likely they will get it in first and at retail price, then if they don't you cancel and aren't out any money.  

36 minutes ago, SeanWhitmore said:

What’s that DPCI for the X-Men wave?

087-06-5418

but don't forget like all of the X-Men ML's have this DCPI (as all spider-man's have the same etc) so even if you find it,, it may be an old warlock wave fig or what not

16 minutes ago, mako said:

I probably could've waited on canceling at Pulse, but with my luck, they would've gotten their refresher case in early and I'd end up paying for two Hercs.

Plus, pardon the expression, but I had kind of a b!+(# of a morning and needed to treat myself to lift my spirits. Herc was there, ordered him, went out and grabbed some Chinese, decompressed. I'm good now.

Better living through consumer therapy? Whatever, it worked.

You have to do whatever you need to in order to thrive in today’s world, man.  A little retail therapy is always a good thing for a collector haha

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

087-06-5418

but don't forget like all of the X-Men ML's have this DCPI (as all spider-man's have the same etc) so even if you find it,, it may be an old warlock wave fig or what not

This is key!  Make sure to ask them when their most recent shipment of it was so you don’t end up running around for nothing.  If any of the stores say they got them in April, then odds are that they have the Caliban wave.  The device that they check DCPIs on will also tell you the last received date so whoever checks the number will also have the ability to give you that info.  They can also tell you if they are expecting a shipment in soon usually to the week.

8 minutes ago, BlackRook said:

I was grocery shopping at HEB and they had the entire Kingpin wave. Shocked the hell out of me since they haven't had anything new since the Vulture wave way back, even the BP and IW waves never made it to my local store.

HEB carries Marvel Legends? That's a whole new resource for me here in West Houston!