Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 5/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, jdgi said:

I've been having problems with the payment in Pulse, whenever I try to buy something that is in stock, my credit card payment is declined and I receive a message about ''gateway rejected'', but when I preorder I don't get that problem

I haven't had that problem, but I'll definitely be watching for it.  Sorry for your troubles with it.

2 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I haven't had that problem, but I'll definitely be watching for it.  Sorry for your troubles with it.

I assume the problem is because I'm not from the US, but it is weird because previously I was able to buy Xavier and Scarlet Spider when they were in stock.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:01 PM, cjranck said:

Has anyone found the Loki/Corvis GLaive 2 pack from Walmart in stores?  Secondary prices are pretty high and I have not seen them in stores yet.

@cjranck

They were sent to all stores as part of one of two different types of shipper display cartons. Depending the on the stores POG layout, they were sent either a 4-way floor stack PDQ shipper or an endcap shipper. Regardless of the shipper, there was 5 of each in each one from what I could tell. The store I found them in put out the endcap shipper and they put it on an endcap that was like half a dozen aisles from the toy section (it’s walmart, nothing to be surprised at) facing the back wall so it was untouched and I was able to snag the set with the cleanest condition package.

What I would recommend is simply pulling up the SKU in BrickSeek search and then seeing if any stores near you show any stock. If you find a store that shows “In stock” (green), then there’s almost a guaranteed chance that store has them. If the stores near you show “limited stock” (yellow), than there’s a small chance they may have them as limited stock is less than half their delivered inventory of the item. 

If you know a store never put out the shipper(s) and that same store shows In-Stock on BrickSeek, than there’s almost a 100% chance that they never took the shipper out from the stockroom and it’s still there. The store closest to me still has yet to put out the shipper lol. In that scenario, grab a manager and see if they can locate it in the back and then rinse & repeat until a competent manager/employee actually does it for you.

When it comes to exclusives, specifically Walmart exclusives, it pays to shop smart vs hard with BrickSeek and just hit the store the day they show inventory on hand if you can.

Since it’s walmart, I wouldn’t count on replenishment but anything can happen. Hell, the last 3 Star Wars Vintage Collection 3.75 exclusives have been exclusive to their website so far and if I didn’t place my orders, I still would have not gotten them as no stores in a 75 mile radius of me ever got any physical stock at store level. 

In any case, wish you the best of luck on scoring it.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:46 PM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

@Neal

Mind sharing which state you’re in? I’m in south FL and was expecting to see this figure this week but no luck yet. Admittedly, I haven’t looked too hard so I’ll do a round this weekend.

Sorry ... I'm just seeing this now.  I'm in New York.  It looks like you've already come across a bunch at retail.  Nice score!

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Jubilee up for "Pre-order" on HasbroPulse available on 05/28

https://hasbropulse.com/products/marvel-legends-series-jubilee-1

Thanks for the heads up, but I think she might be out again.

It let me add her to cart and then said she was out of stock at checkout and adjusts my total items.  I have the whole wave pre-ordered with BBTS, but I'm getting really nervous/tired of waiting for them to ship.  I've seen other people on a few different forums saying they've got theirs from BBTS already.  Is this normal?

5 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

It let me add her to cart and then said she was out of stock at checkout and adjusts my total items.  I have the whole wave pre-ordered with BBTS, but I'm getting really nervous/tired of waiting for them to ship.  I've seen other people on a few different forums saying they've got theirs from BBTS already.  Is this normal?

Sadly BBTS isn't the most reliable I've found in terms of shipping things out promptly or in a respectable time frame, I've ordered plenty of things from them, and alot of the time they send it out and it's quick and in a timely fashion, but as of recent I've had to e-mail them to make sure they were even sending me a package it took so long, I won't order from them anymore since those times, last order I placed took over 6 weeks to end up at my door with 3 e-mails having being sent.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sadly BBTS isn't the most reliable I've found in terms of shipping things out promptly or in a respectable time frame, I've ordered plenty of things from them, and alot of the time they send it out and it's quick and in a timely fashion, but as of recent I've had to e-mail them to make sure they were even sending me a package it took so long, I won't order from them anymore since those times, last order I placed took over 6 weeks to end up at my door with 3 e-mails having being sent.

Yikes!  I'm mostly nervous that they'll keep me on the line forever and then cancel it.  I've been burned before.  What about Pulse?  Do they ever cancel after an order or pre-order has been placed?

14 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Yikes!  I'm mostly nervous that they'll keep me on the line forever and then cancel it.  I've been burned before.  What about Pulse?  Do they ever cancel after an order or pre-order has been placed?

I have had nothing but good times with Pulse, I however have never pre-ordered anything with them so not sure about that, but I had a figure break and they were super cool about it, they sent me 2 replacement figs that showed up at my door in less then a weeks time. I believe they use the utmost care with their customers.

8 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Where the X-Men waves are concerned this is normal everywhere.  These places like BBTS, Amazon, etc. get a certain amount of figures in, that's the initial allotment form Hasbro.  They fill what orders they can, and then any other pre-orders go to the next assumed allocation date.  This has happened to me with every X-Men wave, and not just at BBTS.  The first batch ships out in May and then the next date for pre-orders is some time in July.  The bottom line is, be fast with the pre-orders, and hopefully be lucky, otherwise you have to wait for the second shipment.  BBTS is pretty slow on shipping though, not as slow in my experiences as EE, but definitely not as good as Pulse, Amazon, or even Gamestop.  I have always had good luck with them, the Kingpin wave was in my hands, from them, before I saw many of the reviewers online with them, but their prices are getting too rich for my blood.   

8 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Pulse is still pretty new at things since the transition from HTS.  I have the Far From Home wave on pre-order, all other purchases have been on in stock items.  They're very fast though, for me anyways, usually get the figures within 5-7 days of the order shipping, sometimes less.  I haven't heard anything bad like them cancelling pre-orders, but I suppose it's possible.    

15 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Where the X-Men waves are concerned this is normal everywhere.  These places like BBTS, Amazon, etc. get a certain amount of figures in, that's the initial allotment form Hasbro.  They fill what orders they can, and then any other pre-orders go to the next assumed allocation date.  This has happened to me with every X-Men wave, and not just at BBTS.  The first batch ships out in May and then the next date for pre-orders is some time in July.  The bottom line is, be fast with the pre-orders, and hopefully be lucky, otherwise you have to wait for the second shipment.  BBTS is pretty slow on shipping though, not as slow in my experiences as EE, but definitely not as good as Pulse, Amazon, or even Gamestop.  I have always had good luck with them, the Kingpin wave was in my hands, from them, before I saw many of the reviewers online with them, but their prices are getting too rich for my blood.   

Pulse is still pretty new at things since the transition from HTS.  I have the Far From Home wave on pre-order, all other purchases have been on in stock items.  They're very fast though, for me anyways, usually get the figures within 5-7 days of the order shipping, sometimes less.  I haven't heard anything bad like them cancelling pre-orders, but I suppose it's possible.    

Thanks for all the info!  I'm just being overly-nervous; never pre-ordered a whole wave before.  I placed the order back in February.  Thought that'd be good enough to get me in the first round of shipping, but I guess it was still a little too slow on the draw.  I actually just stumbled across the wave on Amazon yesterday for 149.99 while looking for something else, so I went ahead and pounced.  I'm going to cancel with BBTS once it ships (hopefully today).  Man, I sure miss the good ol' days when hunting in the wild was a realistic option to collect a whole wave.

6 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Thanks for all the info!  I'm just being overly-nervous; never pre-ordered a whole wave before.  I placed the order back in February.  Thought that'd be good enough to get me in the first round of shipping, but I guess it was still a little too slow on the draw.  I actually just stumbled across the wave on Amazon yesterday for 149.99 while looking for something else, so I went ahead and pounced.  I'm going to cancel with BBTS once it ships (hopefully today).  Man, I sure miss the good ol' days when hunting in the wild was a realistic option to collect a whole wave.

No problem, and yeah I get like that sometimes too.  Doesn't help that the X-Men waves are always in demand either.  I know I put my order in at that same time, with Amazon instead of BBTS, but got bumped to July, but I ordered individual figures rather than a set.  

You're totally right, I miss the old days of hunting in the wild, it was fun and it was still realistic, if you waited long enough you'd find them all.  The Walmarts, Target, etc. around me don't always get everything so it's taken a lot of the enjoyment out of the hunt.

Maybe you guys just need to rethink the way you hunt! I've never ordered anything new at above MSRP from an online retailer, and I spend very little time in big box stores. For me, the thrill of the hunt is all about finding the best prices possible on each figure. I scour eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc. for those below-MSRP deals, and bide my time on any figure I don't think is going to appreciate quickly, reserving my in-store hunting for the Beasts and Jubilees of any given wave. It's pretty satisfying, and Cyber Monday usually pays off hard.

It's funny, though, because I'm not like this with anything else I buy or collect. I like to support small local businesses as much as I can, but nobody makes any money off this product line anyway, and I'd rather be helping Amazon lose money than my local comic shop.

1 hour ago, mako said:

I've gotten discouraged myself, but I always try and remember it's all part of the hunt. And as great as the feeling of opening that mailer box full of an entire wave is, I'd put the feeling of finding that one sought after figure while making a late-night Wally-World run up against it any day.

Honestly this is why I still even bother to Hunt in the Wild, it's such an amazing feeling to find something, it's what makes the fun of collecting to me, the act of going out seeing the product and getting lucky (or not) and having to keep trying, of course the buying online isn't even a sure hunt to me these days either, I refuse to pay scalper prices so I am constantly searching for the lowest price waiting to jump on it. I have bought entire waves before and honestly as fun as it is to see all of the figures crisp and new arrive at your door, it's not as exciting as the thrill of the hunt plain and simple, I just wish the hunt was more regularly fruitful these days.

6 hours ago, mako said:

I've gotten discouraged myself, but I always try and remember it's all part of the hunt. And as great as the feeling of opening that mailer box full of an entire wave is, I'd put the feeling of finding that one sought after figure while making a late-night Wally-World run up against it any day.

And I would agree 100% on that.  The stores in my area aren't very good at stocking stuff, but when that happens on a rare occasion, it's such a great feeling!