Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 5/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, mako said:

Thanks, I'll take a little extra wait over a scalper mark-up . . . any day.

Speaking of waiting, I'm taking advantage of the breather to take care of some of my backlog. Ordered Archangel this morning.

Anyone still looking for Archangel, he's on sale for $23Cdn, from $40 over at TRU.ca

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=154214146

Not sure about shipping to the US though.

@Miami, FL - Saw the Spiderman/MJ set (Qty 3) in Target and some Spiderman/Kravens (Qty 2).

Saw 1 Infamous Iron Man in a Walgreens.

Has anyone been able to find the worthy Captain America figure at Walmart?

I will be in Georgia next week so we will see what's out there. Thanks.

Pre-ordered Nightcrawler and Sinister from Pulse. I wasn't a fan of having to wait for the 3 X-men Caliban figures I ordered (their website said "available May 1" but mine didn't ship out til May 3rd and I didn't get them til the following Thursday) when everyone else was getting them from BestBuy, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

It's better than driving around, and it's free shipping. I'll wait for sales for the rest of the figures (like I'm waiting for sales for the rest of the Caliban wave).

Pre-ordered the Wendigo wave on Pulse last night.  That Nightcrawler figure looks like a home run for Hasbro! I am so excited to add this one to the collection, my ToyBiz one has always had a weird loose leg at the hip.

Same as everyone else I grabbed Nightcrawler and Mr Sinister. Then realized Dorkside Toys had the wave loose for sale and grabbed Cannonball, Boom Boom, and Guadian for decent prices. This was in the morning hours. Can't wait for the Vintage Xmen wave to go up.

12 minutes ago, mako said:

I came close to pre-ordering the Wendigo wave on Pulse, but I've already got 260 + in pre-orders, all concentrated in a two and a half month span, and I haven't even looked at the potential SDCC exclusive yet.

I gotta start pacing myself.

Lol. You and me both, pal. This weekly reveal stuff is wearing me out. I keep battling the urge to pre-order every little thing that comes out for fear of missing out. Entire waves are one thing cuz they usually include free shipping, but these smaller items like Cowboy Wolvie and BT Spidey come with pretty substantial shipping costs. At least we kinda got a break this week cuz we all knew the X-Force wave was just around the corner. Next up. Emma Frost. Gotta have her.

As far as the SDCC exclusive, I see something Alpha Flight on the horizon. We got Sasquatch, Puck and soon to have Guardian. I can picture a box set with Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar & Aurora. All of which can be done with existing bucks with little to no extra sculpt work, aside from the head sculpts, of course. We've also seen Hasbro isn't shy about re-using BAF's in box sets so they'd most likely include another Sasquatch. Hell, who knows, maybe they'd do an alternate growling face sculpt and perhaps correct the entire height issue. But....wishful thinking, y'know.

21 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Can we count that Puck?  I'm sure there are people on this planet who managed to put him together, but I've never met one.  He's my favorite Alphan, too.  Re-release that boy!

I managed to get Emma Frost, Cyclops, and Wolverine out of that wave. I could not pull the trigger on Sabertooth so I had a headless Puck for the longest time till I broke down and just bought the head off of Ebay to complete him. I can see why they need to rerelease him.

33 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I managed to get Emma Frost, Cyclops, and Wolverine out of that wave. I could not pull the trigger on Sabertooth so I had a headless Puck for the longest time till I broke down and just bought the head off of Ebay to complete him. I can see why they need to rerelease him.

Ya, he does need a mass release. I was mostly mentioning it for the fact that he has already been done and the mold is available for reproduction without new sculpt work. I suppose one could make the argument that he could be redone, but considering his size I'd say his figure was actually pretty sufficient by today's ML standards. I know most SDCC sets usually only have 5 figs but keep in mind the Raft set had 6 and 2 were BAF's. So as pretty much every one of tge remaining original team can pretty much be done without new sculpt work (again, other than head sculpts), I don't think it's outta the question that they could do 6 characters with an Alpha Flight set. Again, if they wanna go the extra mile and extend the legs on the Sasquatch figure to make him more comic accurate as compares to other BAF's (and his own team) I wouldn't get my feelings hurt too bad.

BTW, I do have the Puck figure. I just happened on the right person, at the right time, on the right day, in the perfect state of mind at that particular TRU. He gladly looked for and produced a freshly unopened case of Wolverine Legends and let me have the run of it. Like you, I was hesitant about the Sabretooth and passed him up assuming I would be able to find him later. I had second thoughts at the register and actually ran back to grab him before anyone else had the chance to. It was a good thing too, as nobody really knew at that time how hard that set was going to be to find. The only time I ever saw any figures from that wave again was when Hastings was going out of business and someone musta found a Cyclops figure stashed behind a soda machine or under a locker in the break room cuz the box was beat the hell up, scratched and dirty and stapled shut. Bought me an extra Cyc for $5 and change.

I think they could get away with selling Puck as a $20 figure,  but you would need him to have a huge piece of a highly compelling BAF - like they did with Spider-ham.   I think a new Sentinel BAF  would probably work (granted it wouldn't be as big as the old Toybiz version).   But I suppose there are other extremely sought after , large, x-related BAFs that would also work. 

Probably it would be wiser for Hasbro to produce some of the other members first, so that shelling out $20 for Puck also completes the team .  Sales for other team members would also help Hasbro get a sense of whether the demand is really there to complete the team (tbh i'm not sure it really is... guess we'll see how well guardian/vindicator sells, but the deadpool wave with Sasquatch wasn't exactly hot selling, altho i liked it a lot).

The only other key member i see as being a little more challenging to make is Box.  I'm not sure he would make for the most compelling BAF but he might be too big to be single carded.  And since he's not an original member of the team, he feels a bit optional to me anyhow.

50 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I think they could get away with selling Puck as a $20 figure,  but you would need him to have a huge piece of a highly compelling BAF - like they did with Spider-ham.   I think a new Sentinel BAF  would probably work (granted it wouldn't be as big as the old Toybiz version).   But I suppose there are other extremely sought after , large, x-related BAFs that would also work.

Package Puck with Cannonball's legs. (:

15 minutes ago, mako said:

It's to bad Marvel Legends doesn't get the same 3rd Party attention Transformers does. Within 5 minutes of Cannonball being released, there'd be like 8 companies offering up "Flying Hero" legs.

That's something I've never understood myself. Why's no one doing parts for all these neglected areas. I would personally pay at least a few dollars for dark blue hands that just fit my Electro figure (not those women's hands they're selling on Ebay). Also, why isn't there anyone doing guns and weapons in six inch scale that don't cost an arm and a leg? If someone could just do a gun that doesn't look like that Luger looking thing that has become the standard for ML, I would buy a ton of them if I could get them less than $1 a piece. It's so absolutely ridiculous that Paladin has a gun holster that no gun ever produced by Hasbro for ML actually fits in properly. Here's a little secret I've been doing. If you've got a Dollar Tree anywhere in your area, at any given time they have some military or spy type action figures in roughly 5-6 inch scale that come with just bunches of weapons. Some of them look fairly complicated and some are super simplistic. I'm sure they're mostly just reproduced molds from various import toys and sometimes the simplistic approach is all you need. I'll usually take most of the guns and weapons (sometimes you get swords and knives) and just give the figure to a young kid. This is the way I eventually found the pistol I've always wanted and I more or less bought the store out in my area.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

I just picked up the Walmart exclusive Endgame Cap.

New to the boards:)  
May I ask, what location of the country?  Walmart just took the listing off the website this morning, and I'm not sure if brickseek is working for this.  Maybe I can follow the movement and anticipate when it might show up.  Walmart Exclusives are a pain in my area (Portland, OR)