Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Just went on a Hunt, if anyone cares TRU here (Toronto, Canada) has some pretty decent sales going on, Everett Ross & Killmonger 2 Pack for 34 bucks same with Thor & Sif, Cap & Crossbones, MCU Red Skull for 24, Archangel for 23 bucks, both Domino and Paladin were 17 bucks, The TRU I hit had every single standard fig from Captain Marvel Wave, and tons of the Black Spidey & Kraven set. Nothing new though. EB Games still had 7 Infamous Iron Men.

Has anyone been able to find the Walmart Endgame Captain America through Brickseek?  

I keep checking and all the Walmarts in my area say “Out of Stock”.

I have to go out of my way to get to a Walmart, so I really don’t want to go there every day hoping to catch them on a stock delivery. 

I haven’t seen a Walmart exclusive since Falcon and Winter Soldier from “Civil War”, so I have a great deal of anxiety about being able to secure this exclusive.

11 hours ago, monron999 said:

That's something I've never understood myself. Why's no one doing parts for all these neglected areas. I would personally pay at least a few dollars for dark blue hands that just fit my Electro figure (not those women's hands they're selling on Ebay). Also, why isn't there anyone doing guns and weapons in six inch scale that don't cost an arm and a leg? If someone could just do a gun that doesn't look like that Luger looking thing that has become the standard for ML, I would buy a ton of them if I could get them less than $1 a piece. It's so absolutely ridiculous that Paladin has a gun holster that no gun ever produced by Hasbro for ML actually fits in properly. Here's a little secret I've been doing. If you've got a Dollar Tree anywhere in your area, at any given time they have some military or spy type action figures in roughly 5-6 inch scale that come with just bunches of weapons. Some of them look fairly complicated and some are super simplistic. I'm sure they're mostly just reproduced molds from various import toys and sometimes the simplistic approach is all you need. I'll usually take most of the guns and weapons (sometimes you get swords and knives) and just give the figure to a young kid. This is the way I eventually found the pistol I've always wanted and I more or less bought the store out in my area.

I've done the very same thing a few times. They can be painted too. I made a nice sniper rifle for Silver Sable.

3 hours ago, BradMan said:

Has anyone been able to find the Walmart Endgame Captain America through Brickseek?  

I have to go out of my way to get to a Walmart, so I really don’t want to go there every day hoping to catch them on a stock delivery. 

I haven’t seen a Walmart exclusive since Falcon and Winter Soldier from “Civil War”, so I have a great deal of anxiety about being able to secure this exclusive.

What's the UPC/SKU for this Cap?

Edit: Nvm. Found it. UPC: 630509816453

Nothing in my hood.

11 hours ago, BradMan said:

I know that it isn't working for our local stores.  They all show "out of stock", and I know for a fact this isn't the case.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Not sure if it's been posted yet (I've been busy watching and reading Dark Phoenix reviews and laughing) but "Infamous Iron Man" Von Doom is up for sale on Walgreens website.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/marvel-legends-infamous-iron-man-figure-6-inches/ID=prod6409800-product

Finally got around to checking my local WG and they did have a few infamous IM figs, I'll admit that despite it not being classic Doom, i thought it was a pretty good looking figure.  Held off for now but if these guys are still hanging around the next time WG has a sale on action figures I may end up grabbing one despite having a very high opinion of this figure when he was first revealed.

And yeah, those Dark Phoenix reviews are pretty brutal, i think io9gizmodo one has had the most charitable one so far but they are heavily biased towards genre films.   I'm guessing i'll still end up going to see it though... hopefully its at least better than Apocalypse ( a low bar, admittedly)

I followed the link to the Infamous Iron Man figure on Walgreens’ website, and was about to check out when I decided to check the “in store” option to see if any were available in my area.

I was able to leave work on time and stopped on my way home - they had 2 so I grabbed one and saved $5 in shipping.

I haven’t been in a rush to pick up this figure, but it’s one that I don’t want to be kicking myself 6 months from now for not grabbing it at retail price.

Plus, with my Walmarts sucking so much for the Endgame Captain America I needed to prove to myself and the universe that I could actually find something in the wild.

23 hours ago, mako said:

Marauders Gun Runners is a website that mainly produces 3rd party weapons and accessories for 3.75" scale figures, but just recently began producing a range or 6" scale weapons. For a 3rd party group, I understand their stuff is pretty darn good.

Do I just look 'em up like that?

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

And yeah, those Dark Phoenix reviews are pretty brutal, i think io9gizmodo one has had the most charitable one so far but they are heavily biased towards genre films.   I'm guessing i'll still end up going to see it though... hopefully its at least better than Apocalypse ( a low bar, admittedly)

Heard it's worse than Last Stand... so, you tell us later. I'm sitting this one out.

44 minutes ago, BradMan said:

I followed the link to the Infamous Iron Man figure on Walgreens’ website, and was about to check out when I decided to check the “in store” option to see if any were available in my area.

I was able to leave work on time and stopped on my way home - they had 2 so I grabbed one and saved $5 in shipping.

Nice!

15 minutes ago, Benn said:

That just isn't possible. I believe it's not good, but there's no way it's worse than Last Stand. Is there?

It's not. It's nowhere near Marvel Studios quality by any means, but a lot of the criticism is coming from Fox haters and victory lappers still drunk from ecstasy from the buyout and of course it's being compared to the MCU movies. I've often been known to put it into one perspective. Compared to any of the last three Transformers (save for Bumblebee) Dark Phoenix is better. Relax people. The nightmare is over. Let it die with grace. This is the franchise that paid Marvel enough to start Marvel Studios in the first place. Give credit where credit is due. Don't get too excited though. I wouldn't expect a Marvel Studio X-Men for at least two years

1 hour ago, mako said:

While I haven't actually watched my copy of Apocalyse yet, I'll admit Last Stand was NOT a good movie. HOWEVER, so long as neither film features dance off challenges to the main villain, ants playing drums, five minutes of exposition explaining temporal mechanics vs. Back to the Future which they later violate at the end of the same movie, or (and this is a big one) the Big Thorbowski; then neither film will even crack my shortlist of bad movies.

You just dissed on my favourite 3 MCU films. I guess it's all a matter of perspective, to me those gags don't make or break the film (Thor, on the other hand is an arc I absolutely love, but it's what makes entertainment great don't you think? Everyone can like something even if somebody else hates it.)

Last Stand for me was a huge disappointment, because of how great I remembered the previous films. Apocalypse did the same to me, I love First Class and DoFP. So hearing that Dark Phoenix is worse, coming from people that warned me vs Venom (another film that was truly found terrible and unenjoyable for me), is enough to totally steer me away from watching it.

EB Games here in Canada is really trying to get rid of Archangel he's down to 20 bucks, TRU had him at 23, they must have sold really poorly or they shipped way too many out, EB games also has an overflood of Gambit who knew he'd be such a pegwarmer. Infamous Iron Man is also warming up those pegs, last few EB games i've been to had over 5

Still waiting for a Canadian site to get those Vintage X-Men up so I can pre-order, but just Pre'd up that X-Force Wave.

27 minutes ago, tpibmace said:

Captain Marvel Binary up for sale at Walmart.com - 24.99  Limit is 2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Legends-Series-Captain-Marvel-Movie-6-inch-Binary-Form-Figure/587250713

Funny Enough, TRU is selling her here in Canada now, I've never seen her at a Wal-Mart and she is an exclusive, but now TRU has her? so confused, and it says she is a TRU exclusive (Wal-Mart got shafted! they couldn't provide!)

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=172569956

Man, $5 over retail after all this time?  What's the extra $5 for?  this figure was on my must-have list, but between the long delay and jacking the price up for no reason, I'll hold off for now.  If i can't find this figure cheaper later on  I'll just pick up one of the wave versions of Carol when the price drops enough and make do with my starforce version in the meantime