Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

7 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I did the preorder thing for a while...but it stresses me out. I basically just wait now until figures are in stock....then I order them...wait impatiently by the mail box...grab them and run to my studio ripping the box open and laughing maniacally and screaming "it's mine...its mine!"

Is that just me?

I used to play the waiting game and still do in some instances, but I've taken to pre-ordering this year for the first time.  I'm curious: what stresses you out about it?  I'm finding it much less stressful on the whole.

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I noticed that and was going to ask: is that a pretty reliable thing?  I just need to batten down the financial hatches if all three of those are really going to drop on the same day.

The Caliban wave was on preorder labelled "available 05.01.19" on the Pulse and few people got their shipping notices that same day (Wednesday). I got my notice 2 days later (Friday), and I didn't receive my figures (Gambit, Beast, Jubilee) til the following Thursday.

Perhaps my post doesn't really answer your question (if all three waves will be released the same day) but this is just my Pulse experience based on one wave labelled 05.01 availability.

11 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The Caliban wave was on preorder labelled "available 05.01.19" on the Pulse and few people got their shipping notices that same day (Wednesday). I got my notice 2 days later (Friday), and I didn't receive my figures (Gambit, Beast, Jubilee) til the following Thursday.

Perhaps my post doesn't really answer your question (if all three waves will be released the same day) but this is just my Pulse experience based on one wave labelled 05.01 availability.

10 hours ago, mako said:

Not even the best Etailers can give you an exact date, but yeah, from what I've read all of these are pretty much gonna be hitting simultaneously. Par for the course really. You don't see Jack for months then it all hits at once.

Thanks!  Yeah, I get that it's always a guessing game to some extent.  Still, better brace for impact!

22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

See I can't really get with all of this pre-ordering business, It's overwhelming, there is too much offered to far down the road it gets boggling so I really try and stay away from doing so, I wait for the figure to actually get released in stock I prefer this, I mean once in a while it screws me on finding the harder to find figs because they skyrocket in price but there is tons of times those figs just literally jump out the gate with an increased price (like Beast) , Hasbro has been so damn over generous with these literally a year in a advance pre-orders it's too much I refuse to get on it. I'd just rather relax and watch things come out when they come out.

I tend to wait for the release also...maybe I'm a cheapskate but I like getting free shipping whenever possible, and usually with Amazon I can get it but that comes along with sometimes the figs go down a few bucks once when they're in stock vs preorder. 

I have never understood the Pre-Order concept.

Why pre-order something that will be sold in stores everywhere ?

THEN.

I never found a Cyclops on a peg anywhere.

I bought Hela in a comics shop for more than retail.

Just blind luck I found a Mysterio to complete Lizard.

and I only found Black Knight and Black Widow after the restock.

(Ended up buying Thor on BBTS to complete Cull Obsidian)

So, after all of this, I thought I should be smart and pre-order Storm.  BAM!  the pre-order is sold out ?   That is a phrase I cannot understand.  How can a PRE order be sold out ?!?!?!?!?

20 minutes ago, mako said:

Most E-tailers set aside a finite amount of merchandise for pre-orders. Once that's used up . . . sold out.

Still doesn't make sense.

Retailer:  I am unsure how much to order, so I will solicit pre-orders, to determine how much to order.

How can this be "Sold Out" if it hasn't been ordered yet ????

At 6 or 7 characters per wave, they take pre-orders until they kind of drop off, and then take the least most popular character's pre-order number to determine how many to order ?  So that they are not stuck with hundreds of unsold Paladins and Lady Deadpools ?

Hasbro's internal deadlines for distributors to finalize their preorders for the first run of any given wave are four to six months out, so retailers have to guess what they're going to need, lock it in, and then hope it's enough to cover their preorders (and ideally leave them some to sell thereafter). In many cases that means retailers must place their order before they've even been allowed to solicit sales. It's not a great system, but Hasbro needs those orders early enough to know how many to produce, yet can't market too early because it will damage hype and lead to a lot of customers canceling orders out of impatience.

8 hours ago, TheGrimeyGhost said:

I tend to wait for the release also...maybe I'm a cheapskate but I like getting free shipping whenever possible, and usually with Amazon I can get it but that comes along with sometimes the figs go down a few bucks once when they're in stock vs preorder. 

I'm kinda on the same boat. I'm as cheapskate as one can get. However when I look at a wave and see something that I think will be hard to find in stores (Professor X, Jubilee/Beast, Sinister, Storm aka Popular figures that are one-per-box) I'd rather not tempt fate.

That said I also pre-ordered Gambit from the Caliban wave and Nightcrawler from the Sinister wave, the double packed characters from those waves, so I guess I just know myself too much lol. I can allow myself to splurge because X-men characters are the only ones I collect.

I used to pre order EVERYTHING from Marvel Universe, Legends, Star Wars, GIJoe, etc. Now I hunt for everything in the wild, and buy online only if I find myself in need of some immediate retail therapy. Overall it's allowed me to enjoy collecting much, much more. It also gives my girlfriend and I something to do together. Though, as the reasoning I used in the past, I do understand how pre ordering is much easier and feasible for so many with less time to spend hunting.

As for recent hauls updates, I picked up the Target exclusive 2-pack of Clint and Widow. That Jeremy Renner head is going straight to the Ronin figure. 

Still not finding Power and Glory Cap in the Lexington, Ky area and it's been rather discouraging; hoping that pops up soon.

28 minutes ago, WaterSpider said:

What state are u in please. Cap has been found many times in the last 2 weeks all over the country. I'm trying to triangulate the location. Lol

I found EG (Power and Glory) Cap in Michigan City, Indiana.

Also, I just placed my pre order for the Magneto & kids Amazon 3-pk. VERY excited for that one. 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

If you're not checking GameStop, look there.  I saw the entire wave on the pegs at a local (western NY) store today.

Thanks for the heads up. I called two of the stores in my area and they are just waiting till the 23 to put them out