Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

36 minutes ago, CO_Alex said:

Are all the 80th anniversary figures going to be available in brick and mortar stores?  I don’t want to pay for shipping and would rather see it in person before ordering.  

Yeah, but a few of them are "fan channel" exclusives, which just means they're kept out of the big box distribution chains, so they won't be at Target, Walgreens, or Walmart. They do sometimes show up at Gamestop or Barnes & Noble, and they should be carried by comic shops and other mom and pop shops. This includes Cowboy Wolverine, Big-Time Spider-Man, and Agent Anti-Venom. Others are Target or Walmart exclusives, like classic Cap.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

What's the BOGO sale? It doesn't seem to be showing up on Gamestop's website.

Buy one figure, get half off a 2nd figure. I’m not sure if its advertised on their homepage, but it did show up when I added a couple of MLs to my cart and then went to checkout. I’m not sure if it applies to the big sets though. And of course GameStop charges a bit higher than some retailers but in the end it works out to a little over $17 for normal figures, before tax

i believe it runs thru 7/20

1 hour ago, CO_Alex said:

Are all the 80th anniversary figures going to be available in brick and mortar stores?  I don’t want to pay for shipping and would rather see it in person before ordering.  

80th Cap is a Walmart Exclusive.

the Peggy Carter set is an Amazon exclusive 

the iron spider/iron man set is rumored to be target exclusive.

benn mentioned the hulk set; I believe the rest could be sold at any store.

altho since the 10th anniv sets didn’t seem to sell all that well I do wonder if stores will order fewer of these sets

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

80th Cap is a Walmart Exclusive.

the Peggy Carter set is an Amazon exclusive 

the iron spider/iron man set is rumored to be target exclusive.

benn mentioned the hulk set; I believe the rest could be sold at any store.

altho since the 10th anniv sets didn’t seem to sell all that well I do wonder if stores will order fewer of these sets

Cap with motorcycle can be ordered on Hasbro Pulse, so not sure if it's really a Walmart Exclusive as well.  I hope it is still an exclusive to Walmart because  maybe Hasbro will sell everything on Pulse in addition  to being a store exclusive.

6 minutes ago, sharky1999 said:

Cap with motorcycle can be ordered on Hasbro Pulse, so not sure if it's really a Walmart Exclusive as well.  I hope it is still an exclusive to Walmart because  maybe Hasbro will sell everything on Pulse in addition  to being a store exclusive.

The 80th Cap i'm referring to a comics version based on the art of Alex Ross - that is a Walmart exclusive.   the WW II Cap on motorcycle is part of the ultimate riders line, i think.  I don't believe the motorcycle set is exclusive , iirc they are shipping him out with more Prof X sets (in august or the fall?)

6 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

the WW II Cap on motorcycle is part of the ultimate riders line, i think.  I don't believe the motorcycle set is exclusive , iirc they are shipping him out with more Prof X sets (in august or the fall?)

I ordered mine from Pulse yesterday.  No shipping notice yet, but the payment has been processed.

9 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I ordered mine from Pulse yesterday.  No shipping notice yet, but the payment has been processed.

Sweet. Gotta admit, i have no idea how well stores will stock this set.  The Widow and Ghost Rider sets both sat on shelves at my local WM for quite awhile before they were put on clearance.  Subsequently WM didn't bother getting the DP scooter or Prof X, at least in my neck of the woods. Never saw Prof X in the wild so i presume he sold well,  my local Target did get some DP scooter sets and managed to sell them all before they hit any sale price.  

5 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I don’t recall where I read it mentioned, but someone pointed out that Dorkside had the 80th Iron Man and Thor listed for pre-order, and I saw the listings myself too, but now they’ve been taken down. 

I think they were ordered by Hasbro to take them down.  Dorkside's explanation was that Entertainment Earth was violating the street date by sending 80th stuff to businesses who had bought from them wholesale (small e-tailers, local comic shops etc)  so Dorkside went ahead and posted listings.  But that's me paraphrasing what they said, so bear in mind its possible i'm misconstruing things.

I've heard a few reports of 80th Iron Man showing up at a few  Targets (including one fairly local to me in Westwood, MA.. altho i haven't checked it out)  but i don't know if that means the street date is done or if its just a few stores that accidentally violated it.  

I got Beta Ray Bill in earlier and Hydroman in today. Both are Solid figures! I really like Hydroman. Yes there is limited posing but still he looks cool. The face reminds me of some actor but I'm not sure whom. 

That completes my Far from Home collection and my Avengers Endgame wave. Now on to the X-vintage wave, X-force and the 80th anniversary stuff. Whew...slow down HASBRO!!

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Dorkside's explanation was that Entertainment Earth was violating the street date by sending 80th stuff to businesses who had bought from them wholesale (small e-tailers, local comic shops etc)  so Dorkside went ahead and posted listings.

That's pretty flimsy reasoning on their end. Shipping to retailers before the street date isn't a violation of the street date. In fact, it's essential in order for those retailers to meet the street date. The fact that Dorkside already had their product to sell should have told them that. 🙂

14 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

The 80th Cap i'm referring to a comics version based on the art of Alex Ross - that is a Walmart exclusive.   the WW II Cap on motorcycle is part of the ultimate riders line, i think.  I don't believe the motorcycle set is exclusive , iirc they are shipping him out with more Prof X sets (in august or the fall?)

The Cap motorcycles are already showing up at EB Games in Western Canada (2 Xaviers to 1 Cap in box).

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Willem Dafoe

I think Hyro-Man looks more like Thomas Haden Church, who played Sandman in Spider-Man 3; obviously a cartoonish/caricature, though. It’s funny, because my dad was with me when I picked up that figure a few weeks ago and he thought the same and said it even before I did.

Edit: It also, in some way that I can’t quite put my finger on, reminds me of Joe Walsh; I think it’s the smile. 

Walked into GAMESTOP this morning...walked out with X-men vintage Iceman and Dazzler. No Storm or SS but I'm a happy camper! The iceman is DYNAMIC! I really love this sculpt. Yes he could have been more blue hued but I like him just the same. Not sure if I would even complain if he didn't have the blueish ice sled. 

Dazzler is a skinny gal but boy she brings up all kinds of nostalgia. X-men arcade game anyone? Loved it and spent a fortune on it! The figure is very nicely done. Very 80's centric.

I'm really hoping for the rest of the outback team especially LONGSHOT and ARMOR PSYLOCKE

I'm hoping when HASBRO completes the 90's set they will focus on the Outback Team (and FA Storm, THUNDERBIRD and Banshee)

13 hours ago, Benn said:

That's pretty flimsy reasoning on their end. Shipping to retailers before the street date isn't a violation of the street date. In fact, it's essential in order for those retailers to meet the street date. The fact that Dorkside already had their product to sell should have told them that. 🙂

Yeah, they went on to say something about how some of those wholesalers will go on to break the street date but i dunno, just trying to relate their explanation in my own garbled way.  In any case I'm glad i got a pre-order in before they took down the listings.  

I checked the DPCI for Iron Man at Brickseek and it showed my local Target had him in stock, but when i went there no dice. Its OK though, they had FFH wave in stock (except mysterio) so i was able to cross another must-have figure off my list by getting Scorpion so it was worth going.

To me Hydroman looks a bit like Willem but his jaw & smirk reminds me of the late character actor Charles Napier.

charles napier.gif