Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I was able to pick up the Iron Man & Spider-Man two-pack from "Infinity War" at Target, but not as smoothly as I hoped.

I was at the same Target on Tuesday night last week and there just happened to be an employee in the to section as I was checking to see if they had anything new.  He asked me what I was looking for, and I told him I was looking for the "Infinity War" two-pack.  He went to the back to check and then told me they had the 80th sets, but that he couldn't release the "Infinity War" set because of the July 28 street date.  I told him I already had all the rest on pre-order but thanked him for checking for me.  

He told me to go on to Target's website after 8:00 AM on Sunday, July 28 and I would be able to order the "Infinity War" set for pickup.  I happened to still be up after 12:00 on Saturday night/ Sunday morning so I checked and it still wasn't available for shipping or pickup.

I got up at 8:04 on Sunday and checked Target's site again, and the listing had obviously gone live for purchase.  But, it was out of stock for shipping and even stores that showed it "in stock" didn't allow for purchase with the in-store pick-up option.  

I was out of town this weekend so visited a Target Sunday morning, but they didn't have any on the shelves and the Target website did not show them having it in stock.  

When I got home yesterday my local Target still showed them as having the set in stock, so I went there and nothing was out on the shelves.  I used the help phone and got an employee who was able to go to the back and grab one for me.  She told me they had 3 in stock, but only brought the one out for me.

So, I was able to get it last night but they still haven't "officially" stocked it on the shelves.

41 minutes ago, BradMan said:

I was able to pick up the Iron Man & Spider-Man two-pack from "Infinity War" at Target, but not as smoothly as I hoped.

I was at the same Target on Tuesday night last week and there just happened to be an employee in the to section as I was checking to see if they had anything new.  He asked me what I was looking for, and I told him I was looking for the "Infinity War" two-pack.  He went to the back to check and then told me they had the 80th sets, but that he couldn't release the "Infinity War" set because of the July 28 street date.  I told him I already had all the rest on pre-order but thanked him for checking for me.  

He told me to go on to Target's website after 8:00 AM on Sunday, July 28 and I would be able to order the "Infinity War" set for pickup.  I happened to still be up after 12:00 on Saturday night/ Sunday morning so I checked and it still wasn't available for shipping or pickup.

I got up at 8:04 on Sunday and checked Target's site again, and the listing had obviously gone live for purchase.  But, it was out of stock for shipping and even stores that showed it "in stock" didn't allow for purchase with the in-store pick-up option.  

I was out of town this weekend so visited a Target Sunday morning, but they didn't have any on the shelves and the Target website did not show them having it in stock.  

When I got home yesterday my local Target still showed them as having the set in stock, so I went there and nothing was out on the shelves.  I used the help phone and got an employee who was able to go to the back and grab one for me.  She told me they had 3 in stock, but only brought the one out for me.

So, I was able to get it last night but they still haven't "officially" stocked it on the shelves.

Had a similar experience where many Targets in my area show in stock, but nothing on the shelves.  A couple of Targets showed in stock when I checked online, but when I asked at the store they said they were out.  Keep in mind this is Sunday afternoon (couldn't get there in the morning like I originally wanted to).  Finally, the next day, the 5th Target I went to had them in the back, so the stock lady went and got one for me.  It was a pain for sure, but I'll bet we see a restock later.  When it's a set I really want I feel better when I can just get one as soon as possible just in case.

I hit all the Targets in my area for like 4 days straight and got the same "they're in the back but we can't get to them & we're not doing re-sets till the end of the month" excuse as well. I'm just gonna wait till Friday & see if they're up on the shelves by then. Hopefully the scalpers haven't bought em all up by then. 

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

DorkSide Toys

Thanks.  I'm still waiting on Pulse to ship.  I've had the Wendigo and the vintage X-Men wave pre-ordered with them for almost two months now.  Getting antsy.  Why in the world would Pulse allow Dorkside, GameStop, etc. to beat them to the punch on shipping out new stuff?  I don't get it.

I found myself at Target last night. If wealth were measured in Malekiths and movie Wasps, I'd've struck it rich. There was a Gambit and a Kraven two-pack, but otherwise just Wasps and Malekiths. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have a chance to flag anyone down and ask about 80th products in the back, but it was a sad display.

19 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I hit all the Targets in my area for like 4 days straight and got the same "they're in the back but we can't get to them & we're not doing re-sets till the end of the month" excuse as well. I'm just gonna wait till Friday & see if they're up on the shelves by then. Hopefully the scalpers haven't bought em all up by then. 

I think that is part of it.  Quite a few Targets in my area are doing resets and that screws up getting new arrivals on the shelves/pegs.  One Target is doing a full blown remodel and is a complete disorganized mess with regard to the toy section.  If not for the street dates I'll wager we would have seen them out before the resets started.  I think the only reason the IM/IS 2-pack was street dated was because they were supposed to be an SDCC debut.  Kind of dumb of Hasbro to do that IMHO.  Who cares about where/when it debuts if it's going to be widely available anyway.  These are sets from movies that have already come and gone for a while now.  It's bad enough how infrequently Target and Walmart stock the toy aisle without having to worry about street dates and holding product back.

With all of the conversations about successful acquisitions of the 80th anniversary Thor and Iron Man figures it really depended on the reliability of when certain Target stores in your area were going to put them out.  Between release dates and resets you could go CRAZY.  I was lucky enough to pick up Thor on Sunday and this morning I went back to my closest Target with the belief that hopefully since it is the end of the month that the store would start putting them out for sale.  I hit the alise and there was Anthony Stark in his red and gold glory.  So hopefully for many the release time is real.  Good luck!!!

Target Iron Man.jpg

Hey guys,  the 80th Thor,  the colossus/juggs 2-pack, and luis/ghost pack are up for order on Barnes and Nobles website. They have a code (DAYMADE) which gets you 10% off orders over $35 and 15% off orders over $75.    Over $35 also qualifies for free shipping.  Good luck!

Also a lot of Black Series stuff marked down 30% like Archive series I and the General Greivous figure. However with Archive series 1 when you order a figure you don't know which one they will send you. 

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Hey guys,  the 80th Thor,  the colossus/juggs 2-pack, and luis/ghost pack are up for order on Barnes and Nobles website. They have a code (DAYMADE) which gets you 10% off orders over $35 and 15% off orders over $75.    Over $35 also qualifies for free shipping.  Good luck!

Also a lot of Black Series stuff marked down 30% like Archive series I and the General Greivous figure. However with Archive series 1 when you order a figure you don't know which one they will send you. 

thanks ! im going to take a look

9 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Thanks.  I'm still waiting on Pulse to ship.  I've had the Wendigo and the vintage X-Men wave pre-ordered with them for almost two months now.  Getting antsy.  Why in the world would Pulse allow Dorkside, GameStop, etc. to beat them to the punch on shipping out new stuff?  I don't get it.

Right there with you man. It's ridiculous!

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

They also have the retro wave on there but the pic is of the whole wave. I suppose it's random which character they send you?

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

That is my understanding, yeah. you don't know which fig you're getting.  Kind of a bizarre way of doing it if you ask me.

I agree. And I believe Best Buy does it the same way? Regardless, I'm tempted to snag some sets and take advantage of the 15% off.

Picked up the iron Spider/Ironman 2 pack I ordered Saturday night.  I checked 2 Targets and still no sign of the 80th Anniversary Legends.  The second Target I went to even had their reset finished.  The Target I always go to has a ton of these in stock according to the reps, but they say all the cases are on a pallet buried amongst other toys on the top rack.  I feel like buying a red shirt and make my way to the stock room, lol.  

Just went to a target to see if they had anything new. They had a few retro carded figs, silver samurai and the rest as well as x-force wolverine. But the kicker was in the clearance section. They had Juggernaut wave havok and phoenix jean as well as plenty of others from the warlock wave. Grabbed the phoenix and a couple others. $9.68 a pop! Didn't grab havok but might go back for one.

MXRtjnEl.jpg

enGPvDdl.jpg

cLQFs5Hl.jpg

i7blZFtl.jpg

5 hours ago, Kindo said:

Just went to a target to see if they had anything new. They had a few retro carded figs, silver samurai and the rest as well as x-force wolverine. But the kicker was in the clearance section. They had Juggernaut wave havok and phoenix jean as well as plenty of others from the warlock wave. Grabbed the phoenix and a couple others. $9.68 a pop! Didn't grab havok but might go back for one.

MXRtjnEl.jpg

enGPvDdl.jpg

cLQFs5Hl.jpg

i7blZFtl.jpg

What state?