Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

12 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

Again I really recommend you pre-order select figures, since you're right there are some that seem like they will sell out fast, or maybe there are just ones you want more than others.  

That sounds good and all, but Storm was PREsold out.  

I was there. In Gamestop.  On shelf date.  "Sorry all pre sold"  

I was there in Midtown Comics.  FOUR days before their official stock date.  Every Vintage X-Men figure  was there but Storm.   That's how I've been getting the hard ones like Beast. Going four days before posted stock date (and paying $6.00 more than other retailers)

6 minutes ago, mars396 said:

I was there in Midtown Comics.  FOUR days before there official stock date.  Everyone was there but Storm.   That's how I've been getting the hard ones like Beast. Going four days before posted stock date (and paying $6.00 more than other retailers)

Again, the first shipment. They're still making her. The first batch is sold out, keep an eye out for the second, third, and so on. Most figures keep on popping up, for almost a year or so.

30 minutes ago, mars396 said:

I was there in Midtown Comics.  FOUR days before their official stock date.  Every Vintage X-Men figure  was there but Storm.   That's how I've been getting the hard ones like Beast. Going four days before posted stock date (and paying $6.00 more than other retailers)

That was abundantly clear in all of your other posts.  You need to watch  for when the pre-orders show up online.  I mean I feel for you because like I said I think we are in similar boats when it comes to brick and mortar stores not having much stock on desirable figures.  By the shelf date you might as well forget it and wait for the next shipment a month or more down the road.  Storm was available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse starting on June 6th or June 7th, I assume the same would be true for Amazon, BBTS, EE, or wherever you might pre-order a figure.  That is when you needed to be online or in GameStop or somewhere else that you can pre-order in person if you're not into online ordering.  And while I don't have my Storm yet, I pre-ordered Nightcrawler and got that figure two days after release, despite not seeing a single one at a single store in my area.  

Got Cap yesterday at my local wally world. He is perfect in everyway. sculpt, paint job, scale. My only nitpick is that instead of 2 heads that almost look the same, one head shoulda been a gritted teeth/yelling version. Same goes for Thor. Here's some pics that show he's in perfect scale to his fellow Avengers.

DSCF8362.JPG

DSCF8364.JPG

DSCF8367.JPG

DSCF8368.JPG

DSCF8370.JPG

DSCF8371.JPG

DSCF8377.JPG

DSCF8379.JPG

Just a heads up, I pre-ordered War Machine and Beta Ray Bill from Walmart back in March and these were supposed to arrive beginning of July... So these were pushed back for who knows when. Then did the same with Storm, and this is also pushed back indefinitely. No email saying when these will ship... Ended up cancelling since War Machine and Beta Ray Bill are in Amazon.

DO NOT PRE-ORDER FROM WALMART.

1 hour ago, mars396 said:

Yeah, for better or worse (and I tend to think worse), this is a preorder-based industry. Hasbro solicits wholesalers and major retailers for preorders, and then more-or-less manufactures to order. They have a deadline for their first production run for any given wave (usually around six months before release), but they keep accepting "pre"orders beyond that date, and keep rolling out additional production runs to meet demand, until it dries up. It's certainly a safe way to ensure they don't get stuck with a ton of extra product, but it has a lot of flaws, notably:

• That deadline for the first run is often (read: usually) before the contents of the wave are public knowledge, which means wholesalers have to solicit preorders from retailers, who have to make educated guesses on how many they want, before they can talk to their customers about what the product actually is (beyond general info like "Spider-Man wave 4", etc.). Even stupider, sometimes they don't even have the information themselves. I found out the contents of Endgame wave 3 when everyone else did, at SDCC, but I had to finalize my preorders for it in early May.
  • Info is not widely available about the rolling nature of preorders for production runs, which often gives the illusion of great disparities between advertised release dates, as many stores will just push their ship dates back to accommodate the next production run every time their preorders (or stock) sell(s) out. Worse, not every store (or even wholesaler) seems to play the rolling preorders game, leading to many places just being sold out of many figures upon release and just never doing anything about it.
  • Single-figure cases, which seem like they would solve a lot of problems, usually accompany the second or third run, come after there's been both a perceived and (to a lesser extent) real drop in demand, and don't seem to be widely taken advantage of.

It's all basically a recipe for a supply shortage, unless everyone carrying the product takes full advantage of the options. And since a lot of the stores and wholesalers don't, it often leaves consumers holding the cheque. It sucks, but it is what it is. It's a game of managing preorder risk.

3 minutes ago, mako said:

Consider it a hard lesson well learned. I don't care who you're ordering from, Pre-Orders are NOT a guarantee of receiving a figure.

Yeah, I remember you were the one not pre-ordering anymore.

I am with you on that. No more pre-orders, specially from Walmart. The Amazon ones did come through thou.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, memocromatico said:

I ordered it online, I'm at Mexico, we don't have that many options for retail... not that I'd be able to hunt there. Adulting is hard and time consuming.

Do retailers in Mexico not stock Marvel Legends?  How are your prices online compared to what we pay in the US for Marvel Legends?  

32 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Looked up the 80th anniversary cap on the Walmart app and saw it in stock at a couple stores. It allowed me to purchase it for store pickup to reserve him. Hopefully he's there when I go to get him. Just throwing this out there in hopes that it helps some of my fellow collector's out!

I did a search on the Walmart app and he didn’t come up.  I even copy and pasted exactly what I did for brickseeker and nothing comes up on the app.  

Is Walmart's stock numbers more accurate than targets? targets site says that the skyline sirens black cat is in stock at my local target. It's not, unless its under an old shelf somewhere.

On a hunch since everyone was having BrickSeek luck with the 80th Cap I headed to my closest Walmart and managed to find a full case of him on the self, even snagged Boom Boom and Guardian, best Walmart haul in the last year.

10 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

Do retailers in Mexico not stock Marvel Legends?  How are your prices online compared to what we pay in the US for Marvel Legends?  

Yeah, we have a couple of options for retail. There's the grocery chain stores which carry the figures at around $20usd ($499 mxn), the department stores that carry them at about $25 usd ($599 mxn), we have a sort of TRU called Juguetrón that has them at the same price, and specialty stores that are few and far between and expensive AF. Unfortunately, we have tons of scalpers so most brick and mortar trips, as you call them, are lost time. Online though, it's a bit easier since Amazon mx and Walmart have them at MSRP. They restock better online too, since it's almost always a month or 2 for a sold out figure to pop up again.

The last 24 to 36 hours in my search for the 80th Anniversary Captain America has taken me on a roller coaster ride.  First, I really dislike trying to shop for action figures at Walmart.  The aisle for action figures is usually barren in my area, mostly empty pegs, disorganized and what figures you find are considerable old.  That’s why I was happy to have a glimmer of hope that Target was going to also sell the figure. Access to Target stores is more convenient due to their proximity and number.  But I decided to chance a Walmart that was showing CA in stock by the Brickseek site.   The figure comes in a box of six and of course when I get there none had been put out.  Strike one.   I go home and later that evening while checking a Walmart link, it tells me that 5 are in stock at a certain store.  When I see 5, I think they must be out on display.  I decide that before I go to work, I’ll hit this Walmart.  Monday morning I’m a man with a plan and a full tank of gas.  I hit the store and…. OF COURSE, IT’S NOT ON DISPLAY.  Strike 2.  I get home from work very late into the evening and tap the Walmart like I had previously, and it states that the Walmart that I went to earlier in the day has 1 left to order for pickup!  Faster than you can say Steve Rogers, I’m tapping those keys and secure the last one.

But the story doesn’t end just quite yet.  After viewing my order email, I went back to the Walmart site and it now populated that their closest store to me had 5 IN STOCK.  Now this is where the crazy starts to take over.  The store opens at 7AM, I’M off, you know where this is headed.  I take off for the store and get there at 7:30AM.   The place is relatively empty.   I go down the aisle and find CRICKETS!!!!!!!!  Again, a section that looks like swiss cheese.  I stand there, motionless.  I pace back and forth as if somehow the figure is going to materialize.  Another customer sees me and reads my body language and asks me if there was something that I was looking for.  I tell him and he says that this figure that will complete my 70’s Avengers collection is on the pallet in front of the aisle.   WHAT!!!!!!!!!  Sure enough the box was there and one had been taken out.  There was an employee assisting the customer (who pointed me in the right direction) who was looking for a DC figure.  Once the employee finished with the customer, she passed me the red, white and blue hero I was anxiously waiting for.  Still no follow up email on when I can pickup the other CA, so for once being crazy worked out.

CA.jpg

11 minutes ago, darknight86 said:

The last 24 to 36 hours in my search for the 80th Anniversary Captain America has taken me on a roller coaster ride.  First, I really dislike trying to shop for action figures at Walmart.  The aisle for action figures is usually barren in my area, mostly empty pegs, disorganized and what figures you find are considerable old.  That’s why I was happy to have a glimmer of hope that Target was going to also sell the figure. Access to Target stores is more convenient due to their proximity and number.  But I decided to chance a Walmart that was showing CA in stock by the Brickseek site.   The figure comes in a box of six and of course when I get there none had been put out.  Strike one.   I go home and later that evening while checking a Walmart link, it tells me that 5 are in stock at a certain store.  When I see 5, I think they must be out on display.  I decide that before I go to work, I’ll hit this Walmart.  Monday morning I’m a man with a plan and a full tank of gas.  I hit the store and…. OF COURSE, IT’S NOT ON DISPLAY.  Strike 2.  I get home from work very late into the evening and tap the Walmart like I had previously, and it states that the Walmart that I went to earlier in the day has 1 left to order for pickup!  Faster than you can say Steve Rogers, I’m tapping those keys and secure the last one.

But the story doesn’t end just quite yet.  After viewing my order email, I went back to the Walmart site and it now populated that their closest store to me had 5 IN STOCK.  Now this is where the crazy starts to take over.  The store opens at 7AM, I’M off, you know where this is headed.  I take off for the store and get there at 7:30AM.   The place is relatively empty.   I go down the aisle and find CRICKETS!!!!!!!!  Again, a section that looks like swiss cheese.  I stand there, motionless.  I pace back and forth as if somehow the figure is going to materialize.  Another customer sees me and reads my body language and asks me if there was something that I was looking for.  I tell him and he says that this figure that will complete my 70’s Avengers collection is on the pallet in front of the aisle.   WHAT!!!!!!!!!  Sure enough the box was there and one had been taken out.  There was an employee assisting the customer (who pointed me in the right direction) who was looking for a DC figure.  Once the employee finished with the customer, she passed me the red, white and blue hero I was anxiously waiting for.  Still no follow up email on when I can pickup the other CA, so for once being crazy worked out.

CA.jpg

Fun story with a happy ending!

Always check those pallets at Walmart. They often roll them out and let them sit for a day or more. If you spot cases you want, usually employees will open them...or if you’ve got some car keys and are a little brave, you can pop the cases yourself. I’ve done both with high success rates. But as always, proceed with caution!