Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Similar story with less happy ending. My local Walmart showed the 80th cap, Brickseek said 6. Drove to the store and only Iron Man on the pegs. Asked an employee to check the back and he obliged me but found nothing. He even checked the pallet in the front aisle but still nothing. 

Left disappointed because Brickseek is actually quite reliable for this store so I know they are there. Checked again today with Brickseek still showing 6 in stock but still only Iron Man on the pegs. 

I know they will be out any minute but it until they “find” the Caps and put him out it is a fruitless endeavor to keep driving to the store and come up empty handed

3 hours ago, darknight86 said:

The last 24 to 36 hours in my search for the 80th Anniversary Captain America has taken me on a roller coaster ride.  First, I really dislike trying to shop for action figures at Walmart.  The aisle for action figures is usually barren in my area, mostly empty pegs, disorganized and what figures you find are considerable old.  That’s why I was happy to have a glimmer of hope that Target was going to also sell the figure. Access to Target stores is more convenient due to their proximity and number.  But I decided to chance a Walmart that was showing CA in stock by the Brickseek site.   The figure comes in a box of six and of course when I get there none had been put out.  Strike one.   I go home and later that evening while checking a Walmart link, it tells me that 5 are in stock at a certain store.  When I see 5, I think they must be out on display.  I decide that before I go to work, I’ll hit this Walmart.  Monday morning I’m a man with a plan and a full tank of gas.  I hit the store and…. OF COURSE, IT’S NOT ON DISPLAY.  Strike 2.  I get home from work very late into the evening and tap the Walmart like I had previously, and it states that the Walmart that I went to earlier in the day has 1 left to order for pickup!  Faster than you can say Steve Rogers, I’m tapping those keys and secure the last one.

But the story doesn’t end just quite yet.  After viewing my order email, I went back to the Walmart site and it now populated that their closest store to me had 5 IN STOCK.  Now this is where the crazy starts to take over.  The store opens at 7AM, I’M off, you know where this is headed.  I take off for the store and get there at 7:30AM.   The place is relatively empty.   I go down the aisle and find CRICKETS!!!!!!!!  Again, a section that looks like swiss cheese.  I stand there, motionless.  I pace back and forth as if somehow the figure is going to materialize.  Another customer sees me and reads my body language and asks me if there was something that I was looking for.  I tell him and he says that this figure that will complete my 70’s Avengers collection is on the pallet in front of the aisle.   WHAT!!!!!!!!!  Sure enough the box was there and one had been taken out.  There was an employee assisting the customer (who pointed me in the right direction) who was looking for a DC figure.  Once the employee finished with the customer, she passed me the red, white and blue hero I was anxiously waiting for.  Still no follow up email on when I can pickup the other CA, so for once being crazy worked out.

CA.jpg

I had a similar situation with finding my local Walmarts had them in stock, but none of the associates are eager to help and the common answer they all have is if you can’t find it on the shelf we don’t have it even though the app shows it in stock.  After checking with 3 associates at the same store my hate for Walmart grows.  I wish GameStop had this Cap since I would gladly pay extra at GameStop so I don’t have to give Walmart any $.  Congratulations on finding him!

Maybe I'm wrong but I felt like alot of people were struggling to find the 80th Anni Iron Man & Spider Man 2 Pack, it has finally shown up in Canada and it seems TRU is the only one whos currently getting it, you can order it (shipping may be not so good I dunno though, but USD worth more the CAD)

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=174731786

also I don't know if anyone cares anymore but man BBTS is selling the Vintage wave for 69 bucks

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/62196

which if you were a new collector is like the best way to start out, if I didn't have these figs I'd swoop em up

23 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Got Cap yesterday at my local wally world. He is perfect in everyway. sculpt, paint job, scale. My only nitpick is that instead of 2 heads that almost look the same, one head shoulda been a gritted teeth/yelling version. Same goes for Thor. Here's some pics that show he's in perfect scale to his fellow Avengers.

DSCF8362.JPG

DSCF8364.JPG

DSCF8367.JPG

DSCF8368.JPG

DSCF8370.JPG

DSCF8371.JPG

DSCF8377.JPG

DSCF8379.JPG

Gigantor, This is the Avengers' squad that got me hooked on the comic book, minus Wanda Maximoff and Clint Barton as Goliath.   With all my coin going to the 80th Anniversary releases, ( Wolvie and old Jade Jaws arrived today) who's got dough to get a custom sized Goliath. Thanks for the pics!!!!!

Goliath.jpg

Wolvie and Hulk.jpg

26 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I felt like alot of people were struggling to find the 80th Anni Iron Man & Spider Man 2 Pack, it has finally shown up in Canada and it seems TRU is the only one whos currently getting it, you can order it (shipping may be not so good I dunno though, but USD worth more the CAD)

also I don't know if anyone cares anymore but man BBTS is selling the Vintage wave for 69 bucks

which if you were a new collector is like the best way to start out, if I didn't have these figs I'd swoop em up

im not interested myself but that's a pretty sweet deal on the vintage wave, maybe someone who wants them will see it

14 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

im not interested myself but that's a pretty sweet deal on the vintage wave, maybe someone who wants them will see it

Oh yeah and the Vintage Wave 2 is only 89 bucks also an amazing grab

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/79676

and the Black Panther (Okoye wave) 86 Bucks

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/64750

really great ways to start a collection or fill it out both vintage waves are fantastic grabs

1 hour ago, darknight86 said:

Gigantor, This is the Avengers' squad that got me hooked on the comic book, minus Wanda Maximoff and Clint Barton as Goliath.   With all my coin going to the 80th Anniversary releases, ( Wolvie and old Jade Jaws arrived today) who's got dough to get a custom sized Goliath. Thanks for the pics!!!!!

Goliath.jpg

Wolvie and Hulk.jpg

We shouldn't have to be making a Goliath custom.Hasbro has shown some serious neglect of Hank Pym & all his great costumes/looks imo. Yeah, they made a VHTF classic 6' Goliath in that SDCC box set & then made his Marvel now look a few yrs ago but where is Pym in his Yellowjacket costume? Where is he in his classic Antman costume, We've gotten BAFs of tiny/small characters like Hit monkey, Puck, Jubilee & BP Warrior woman. We've gotten BAFs of 3rd tier characters such as Titus, Arnim Zola who could have easily been a single packed figure. Where is a 10-12-16'  of BAF Hank Pym as either Giantman or Goliath? He's way more of an Avenger than the Hulk ever was in the comics. Hulk quit in issue 2 of the original run. It's only the MCU that has made him an Avenger so now everyone thinks he's always been an Avenger when in reality, Hank Pym, who was a founding member & an Avenger for over 35-40+yrs is more an Avenger than the Hulk ever was. The modified Eric O'Grady  & Scott Lang versions ain't cutting it. Lang hasn't even been made in the classic Antman costume since the TB days. C;mon Hasbro, the 80th anniv line would be the perfect vehicle to give us a classic Yellowjacket figure & an Avengers related wave should have classic Antman as well as the BAF being of either Giantman or Goliath in 10'-12' scale at minimum.

Goliath Pym.jpg

Yellowjacket 3.jpg

Yellowjacket.jpg

Yellowjacket_battles_cap_ironman.jpg

Giantman-vs Spidey.jpg

PymIdentities.jpg

Antman 3.jpg

Found these at both a Target and Walmart, both in the Hamburg area of Lexington, Kentucky - both stores still had multiples of each. Great finds, and I really do love these sets now that they’re in-hand. This has been a stellar week for me for finds in the wild. I’ve found the full retro wave (Storm included), the full Wendigo wave, WWII Cap w/ bike, 80th Cap, and 3 MCU 2pks. Luckily I already had all of the X-stuff, or this would have been painfully expensive. Still great, tho. No complaints here. 

923ECA7C-487D-4254-9EDA-0B393CE44432.jpeg

A101B0F0-37B1-4E0A-ADDD-4219F4E1A579.jpeg

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

it was like $55 about 2 weeks ago. i need another black widow and wolverine so i might pick this up before it sells out.

3 hours ago, mako said:

Ah, embarrassment of riches!

So I had finally made it to Walmart, picked up a few things for my sister, and made my way back toward the toy department hoping, but not really expecting, that one of those three Caps Walmart.com claimed to be there, was still waiting for me.

I passed the Barbies, the Legos, the Hot Wheels, made a left turn . . .  and stepped straight into Christmas. Multiple 80th Caps, several MCU 2 packs, including Luiz and Ghost, at least 2 full sets of the Wendigo wave, and the Grayson/Batman series of DC Multiverse. I turned around, and they even had the WWE Ruby Riott figure I wanted.

As a 47 year-old man, I don't wanna admit how close I came to doing some kind of giggling Spongebob-esque "Happy Dance." I coulda done so much damage there.

Finally I just had to grab the Cap I came for, and backed slowly away.

Self control is its own reward . . . but it still sucks.

I certainly get the self control part. I play the long game when it comes to ML's even if I only collect X-men but no Sinister and/or Nightcrawler for you? Probably won't be easy to find in the wild, especially Essex.

Storm and Iceman came in from Pulse yesterday with Silver Samurai, Thor, and Iron Man set to arrive today, Iceman was a bit disappointing.  Once Hulk and Wolverine ship from BBTS it will finally be time for a breather.  We're all drowning in so much plastic goodness, and yet I couldn't think of a better time to be a collector.  

18 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

I bet you turned into your profile picture lol 😄

It was pretty damn close.

The store was back up and running today, so I just stopped by and picked up my Cap.  Good thing I'm an opener, because the order sticker was stuck right on the front widow of the box.  🙄

The Birthday Gods were good to me this past weekend! Got the Hulk/ Wolvie set, the Juggernaut/ Colossus set and 80th Thor. The Juggernaut is one big, beautiful, honking huge hunk of Brown plastic that I just can't take my eyes off of! I was not able to complete the BAF as it would have cost far too much money on the secondary market, so this release with the more accurate paint deco and extra accessories is sweeter than sweet! Colossus is awesome too, though I really wish they gave him a calf swivel. Thor...ahhh Thor! For me, it's the Simonson Era and everything else...so having this gem of a figure is also a dream come true! Love the extra hand, and I am really really happy they gave him the forward tilting joint on his right hand for sweet hammer poses (Hasbro...if you're reading this, please give every figure who uses a melee striking weapon this joint...this is the natural joint for any hand held weapon!)

Lastly, I'm most happy with the Hulk. He's just so big and green and Hulky! He's right by me at my studio desk and I can't look at it without getting the awesome theme from the 80s cartoon in my head and/or making a growly Hulk noise, lol. I've waited 40 flippin years for a Hulk figure like this, so man is this Middle-aged super-nerd ever on cloud 9!

21 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

my target was telling me sold out for the ironman / spidey 2 pack so i used the "email me available" option. i missed the first email and by the time i used the provided link they were once again sold out. not knowing how it works i again signed up for the "email when available" tab. 

within the hour i got another email saying the the 2 pack was in stock. i followed the link and ordered two sets. this was last night and i already got a shippong notice. 

if anyone is having trouble, try this option. it worked well for me, just have to be vigilant  with checking your email 

Well went to WM this morning and there was exactly one 80th Cap on the shelf so I grabbed him. Mind you I had been to the same Walmart grabbing some groceries on mon and tues  and nothing. So I’d say good luck finding this guy, sheesh. They really should have put out more than 1 case, hopefully it’s not a 1-and-done situation like worthy cap 

2 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Well went to WM this morning and there was exactly one 80th Cap on the shelf so I grabbed him. Mind you I had been to the same Walmart grabbing some groceries on mon and tues  and nothing. So I’d say good luck finding this guy, sheesh. They really should have put out more than 1 case, hopefully it’s not a 1-and-done situation like worthy cap 

I'm just hoping worthy cap and corvus loki 2pack appear at some point somewhere I can buy them.

It's getting ridiculous, it's been months and they've been no show yet. That's what I don't like about WM exclusives in Mx.

3 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I'm just hoping worthy cap and corvus loki 2pack appear at some point somewhere I can buy them.

It's getting ridiculous, it's been months and they've been no show yet. That's what I don't like about WM exclusives in Mx.

I know I will never own the Binary Captain Marvel.  I have accepted this fact.

I prefer the Target exclusive Starforce version anyway - I have TWO and still see plenty on the pegs in Target.