Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I bit the bullet and was able to snag two Binary CMs when they briefly went up on Wal-Mart.com. Glad I did, they shipped within a few days and I have had them for a few months now. 

Never did see them in stores and the listing on their website hasn’t had them in a long time as well. 

Was a little annoyed at paying approximately $5 more each but better than what I’ve seen them going for recently online

Ok... story time.  

This is is the utterly ridiculous, unbelievably frustrating, but overall happy ending true story of what it took to get my 80th Anniversary Captain America.

So I’ve been watching on Brickseek and the Walmart website for any movement of Cap to “in stock” and available for ship or in store pickup status.  On Tuesday I see that my closest Walmart is listing the figure as “in stock” and available for in store purchase with 5 quantity in stock.  I rush to Walmart on my way home from work and arrive to the same worthless toy aisle full of Wasps, Gwenpools, and Captain Marvels.  I see a few remnants of the Caliban wave that weren’t there the last time I was in, so it’s clear that they do, in fact, stock new figures at some point.

I see stock carts and boxes in other departments around toys and find an employee.  I ask him if he can help me find an item that their website says is in stock in the store, and when I tell him that there are none in the toy aisle he says it must be in the clearance aisle.  I tell him that it’s a brand new product and there’s no way it’s on clearance, so he pulls out his iPhone/scanner combo and looks up the item with the UPC I provide.  

He he tells me that it’s in the stock room but not on the floor, so that’s why the system shows it in stock.  This employee works in lawn and garden and is the only one there for his department, so he can’t go back and check.  I tell him I understand, and he says that the toy department is coming in from midnight to 7 AM to do a reset of the department for Christmas.

Wednesday morning I get up and move through my morning routine so that I’m ready to leave the house at 7:00 AM with enough time to hit Walmart and then go to work.  I get to Walmart at 7:20 and the toy aisle is the same worthless stock.  Disappointed but not surprised, I go to work.

Around 11:00 I take advantage of a need to run out for an errand to pick up something for one of my employees, and head back to Walmart.  The toy aisle hasn’t changed, but I see an employee with a stock cart and some toys a few aisles over.  I explain things to him, and he agrees to go check the stock room.

The employee comes back a few minutes later and tells me that the toy shipment is between a whole bunch of pallets that are still shrink wrapped and double stacked and that there’s no way for him to find it.  I work in a warehouse, so I know what new product pallets are like when they come off the truck.  I thank him for checking, and resolve myself to trying to acquire the figure through 3rd party means.

I haven’t seen a Walmart exclusive Marvel Legend in the store since Falcon and Winter Soldier from “Civil War”.  I have no faith in my local store to ever have the figure available, so when another board member puts it out there that his area has extra Caps I sent a message that I was interested.  Messages back and forth during the day result in no extra Caps for me (Thanks again for trying!).  

So, I resign myself to a long hunt ahead of me.  I keep checking the Walmart website and it still shows 5 in stock which means that it hasn’t hit the floor to be consumed by scalpers.

This evening I’m at home with my son just checking things on my iPad while he watches a movie on Netflix.  I refresh the Walmart page, and the in stock quantity has changed to 4.  

My wife is away until tomorrow morning on a staff retreat.  I have a two year old who I can smell needs a diaper change contently watching a movie on Netflix.  I need a plan.

I open the Netflix app and look for the “Next Avengers” animated movie that my son is watching.  

It’s available to download and watch offline.  

I start downloading the movie and getting my shoes and keys together.  Once it’s downloaded I queue it up to where he’s at on the TV and make the switch to hand him the iPad.

i let him keep watching the movie on the iPad as I change his diaper and I tell him that it’s time to go on an adventure with daddy.

I refresh the Walmart page on my phone and the in stock quantity has dropped to 2.  I get my son strapped in to his car seat and give him the iPad and I race to Walmart.

I get stuck at a red light and refresh the page on my phone again.

1 left in stock.

I make it Walmart, transfer my son and the iPad to a cart, and power walk inside.  I bob and weave around the people of Walmart and make it to the toy aisle.

Four trips to the same Walmart in as many days, and I finally have it.

Hasbro, if you’re reading... please stop giving exclusives to Walmart.  Collectors will buy your product without the need to create artificial scarcity.    I know you’re not trying to make these figures so difficult to acquire, but Walmart doesn’t understand distribution.  They have a store in every town in America but don’t know how to turn this physical network in to a virtual one.  Amazon, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, Game Stop, Target, Best Buy, and many others sell plenty of Marvel Legends that can support exclusives.  

I wish this were the end... but we all know there will be another Walmart exclusive 6 months from now.

12771DCF-C906-42EC-99F6-0314FA295C3B.jpeg

On 8/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, michiganjfrog said:

nice haul! I want genis from that wave

He is one of the nicer figs from that wave. i might just sell him though.

the Walmart near me never has anything new. they have had the same waves for months. the only new fig i have spotted there was spiderwoman. The one further in to town did have most of the caliban wave so that was impressive. hopefully they will get more.

EB Games here in Canada is officially stocked up with Emma Frost now, I had found the only one over a week ago that I'd ever seen but Now it seems there are at least over 4 at most locations. 80th sets also seem to be not moving at all here in Canada the EB had all of the sets with at least 2 to 3 in stock (except the Peggy & Cap and The Iron Man & Spidey obviously) , plus it seems a new restock of Caliban wave has been hitting EB (no Beast or Jubilee however) , Vintage X-Men seem to be pretty much dwindled down to only Wolverine and Cyclops (and there is alot of them)

just broke down and bought the Luis & Ghost pack, I really wanted that Ghost, and had no interest in Luis, but I had a plan to mod him (which I did) I'm actually diggin the figure with the Modding

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Picked up Vintage Wave 1 Wolverine from EB Games. They got a new shipment of these and coincidentally on “Clearance” Prices at $11.69Cdn each. 

F1F4969C-2973-4D30-B490-3308DBE88CD0.jpeg

really good find!

On 8/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Picked up Vintage Wave 1 Wolverine from EB Games. They got a new shipment of these and coincidentally on “Clearance” Prices at $11.69Cdn each. 

F1F4969C-2973-4D30-B490-3308DBE88CD0.jpeg

yeah I saw this too, they had a bunch of Vintage wave 1 all on sale for 11.99 , awesome buys for people who don't have these figures

Just did the rounds in my area again. Target was a bust again with nothing new but Walmart did have a beast! didn't grab this one because i just found one at target a couple weeks ago.  and they had the binary captain marvel by the truck load. lol! i have a feeling there gonna be real cheap here soon. Stopped by game stop and they had the new Hela and Skurge 2 pack. pretty cool and they still had a bunch of rescues.

you guys want to grab me a few of those retro figs and send them my way? 😉

I have seen neither hide nor hair of Binary Cap Marvel (bought it on ebay at cost), Worthy Cap (I'll take my chances) or Loki/Corvus pack (pre-ordered 1, got 2) in any damn physical Wal-Mart location I've been to in the last couple months and that includes 4 states.

So, I walk into my closest WM on Saturday and they have freshly stocked EVERY 80th anniversary figure that isn't Fan Channel, that I'm aware of. There's Cap, Thor and IM. There's Colossus vs. Juggs. There's Collector & Korgg. There's Luis & Ghost and Executioner & Hela. All of them. Of course my wife is well aware of my habit, but she's not fully aware of how much I "must" spend on my habit sometimes. Kinda "no ask, no tell" thing, y'now? They're all here but I can neither expose my addiction nor afford to trust that all the ones I want will still be there for a later time if I only select a few for "reasonable" purchases. What to do?

So during our weekly rations gathering I manage to "forget" a few things and as we get home I reveal my mistake and convince my wife I must run back to the store immediately. It's pretty easy to sell a K-Cups emergency to someone who is not a coffee drinker and fundamentally does not understand the hardships of being a coffee drinker. I'll be careful not to over use this one. There's only so much coffee one can consume, even my wife knows this. On my way back to the store I rationalize to myself that this is my only chance to knock these off my checklist all at once and the expenditure is logical as I won't have to make another purchase of this size for some time afterward (yeah right, good luck with that).

On my way home I've never, ever felt such a strong criss-cross emotional tsunami of satisfaction and gluttony. Technically I do well enough that I can support my own habits and it'll probably go mostly unnoticed, but times like these always make me feel like the finances could have been put to better use. Guess I'll have to up my charitable donations at work next quarter to clear my conscience. I'm such a lush. Yes it was a great/terrible day to be a ML collector in Northern Texas that day.

This is my confession. 

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I have seen neither hide nor hair of Binary Cap Marvel (bought it on ebay at cost), Worthy Cap (I'll take my chances) or Loki/Corvus pack (pre-ordered 1, got 2) in any damn physical Wal-Mart location I've been to in the last couple months and that includes 4 states.

So, I walk into my closest WM on Saturday and they have freshly stocked EVERY 80th anniversary figure that isn't Fan Channel, that I'm aware of. There's Cap, Thor and IM. There's Colossus vs. Juggs. There's Collector & Korgg. There's Luis & Ghost and Executioner & Hela. All of them. Of course my wife is well aware of my habit, but she's not fully aware of how much I "must" spend on my habit sometimes. Kinda "no ask, no tell" thing, y'now? They're all here but I can neither expose my addiction nor afford to trust that all the ones I want will still be there for a later time if I only select a few for "reasonable" purchases. What to do?

So during our weekly rations gathering I manage to "forget" a few things and as we get home I reveal my mistake and convince my wife I must run back to the store immediately. It's pretty easy to sell a K-Cups emergency to someone who is not a coffee drinker and fundamentally does not understand the hardships of being a coffee drinker. I'll be careful not to over use this one. There's only so much coffee one can consume, even my wife knows this. On my way back to the store I rationalize to myself that this is my only chance to knock these off my checklist all at once and the expenditure is logical as I won't have to make another purchase of this size for some time afterward (yeah right, good luck with that).

On my way home I've never, ever felt such a strong criss-cross emotional tsunami of satisfaction and gluttony. Technically I do well enough that I can support my own habits and it'll probably go mostly unnoticed, but times like these always make me feel like the finances could have been put to better use. Guess I'll have to up my charitable donations at work next quarter to clear my conscience. I'm such a lush. Yes it was a great/terrible day to be a ML collector in Northern Texas that day.

This is my confession. 

I so relate to this!!

I grabbed the rest I needed last week while two of my Walmart store in my area were doing resets,

One had the exclusive 80th Cap. I grabbed that even though I decided to pass. I grabbed Storm from the Vintage wave for a friend that needed her. No 80th Iron Man or Thor :(. Found the entire X-Force wave, only grabbed Cannonball even though I had him pre-ordered at Gamestop which they told me he was going to available on that Friday. Did saw the DC multiverse Alfred figure and debated it in my head and grabbed him as well. That was an unexpected grab.

Went to the next Walmart and they had 80th Iron Man but no Cap and no Thor. I think thats all I grabbed there. Nothing at the more Run down and poorly operated Walmart.

Finally found Thor at Gamestop where I was planning on grabbing Cannonball and maybe returning the one I got from Walmart. They told me they had Cannonball but They could not sell me him yet because it gets released on the 16th or some other date. I told them to cancel it because I found him at Walmart. They were like its not supposed to be out yet.

Just waiting on the X-Men 3 pack and 2 pack for this year and I am done till next year. So far just planning on grabbing classic Vulture which I am not too crazy for but want it to finish off my Spidey Villains. Also Strong Guy for my X-Factor team. Crossing fingers for a Warpath and Siryn in the new Deadpool wave. Hoping for a Banshee and Longshot at some point. Mostly I am done.

Trips to WALMART

Odessa, TX on Aug 8th ---- all I can remember was that they had Endgame Thanos Wave pegwarmers & Caliban Wave peg warmers. Highlight was that I found a Beast hidden on the top of racks. There was nothing from the 80th Anniversary line though.

Abilene, TX on Aug 11th ---- X-Men Retro Wave was all there, except Storm of course. There were also lots of 80th Anniversary figures; Thor, Iron Man, Jugg 2-pack, Korg 2-pack and there were 4 Captain Americas. 3 of the Caps had crappy paint apps, including wonky eye placement on the heads. There was only 1 that had really nice paint apps and even the eyes were really good! Best I've seen compared to every image I've seen on the web. Felt pretty lucky about that!

Just received in the mail from Amazon Mx:

Nightcrawler
Iceman Vintage

Korg and Grandmaster
Skurge and Hela
Cap and Peggy

They're already shipping these out, sooner than expected. Cap and Peggy's set is, and I'm extremely sad to say it, underwhelming. 

I have yet to find any of the 80th Anniversary figures stocked in the aisles in Target,  I received a tip from a buddy that found a Target that had them in the back and pulled them for him so I was able to pick up Thor, Ironman and Colossus and Juggs 2 pack.  I was very lucky to find the 80th Anniversary Captain America at Walmart last week.  The only other 80th Anniversary I have seen in the wild is Luis and Ghost 2 pack and the Grandmaster/Korg 2 pack.  I  ordered the Iron Spider/Ironman 2 pack from Target and received that.  I also have the Hulk/Wolverine 2 pack on order through Dorkside.  I am on the lookout for Scurge and Hela and the WWII Captain America rider set.  A Target rep said they weren’t putting anything out until Aug 18th, which seems like the plan with all my surrounding Targets doing the same thing.  I’ll be hitting multiple Targets on Aug 18th to see if I can pick up the last 2 80th Anniversary 2 packs that I am looking for.  

12 minutes ago, CO_Alex said:

I have yet to find any of the 80th Anniversary figures stocked in the aisles in Target,  I received a tip from a buddy that found a Target that had them in the back and pulled them for him so I was able to pick up Thor, Ironman and Colossus and Juggs 2 pack.  I was very lucky to find the 80th Anniversary Captain America at Walmart last week.  The only other 80th Anniversary I have seen in the wild is Luis and Ghost 2 pack and the Grandmaster/Korg 2 pack.  I  ordered the Iron Spider/Ironman 2 pack from Target and received that.  I also have the Hulk/Wolverine 2 pack on order through Dorkside.  I am on the lookout for Scurge and Hela and the WWII Captain America rider set.  A Target rep said they weren’t putting anything out until Aug 18th, which seems like the plan with all my surrounding Targets doing the same thing.  I’ll be hitting multiple Targets on Aug 18th to see if I can pick up the last 2 80th Anniversary 2 packs that I am looking for.  

I can sure pick you up a Scurge/Hela pack from Wal-Mart. Just let me know