Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Went to Best Buy today, and they had the Caliban wave (minus Beast and Gambit) for $17.99 per figure. Getting a second Jubilee to trade was tempting. They also had various other Legends for $15.99, and the Kingpin wave was $13.99, but all they had left was Night Thrasher. I also hit a few GameStops and all had various figures from the Captain Marvel wave on clearance for $11.97. This is in Philly.

Was away for the weekend and went back to my  WM in Raynham, MA today to find a bunch of great stuff on the pegs. The whole vintage wave was in stock and they had gotten in the Luis/Ghost 2-packs.  Only Sam and Boom-boom remained from the x-factor wave they stocked last week and the colossus 2-packs were gone but they still had most of the skurge/hela sets.   Forge and Blink still in stock as well. No 80th cap, iron man, or thor yet unless they came and went over the weekend, which is plausible. No sign of binary, either.

They also had the new Killer Croc DC multiverse wave, including Alfred. And had restocked Black Series Archive wave 2.  

A lot of stuff i wanted but for budgetary reasons passed.   Without those constraints  i probably  would've grabbed (in no particular order):  Boom-Boom, Dazzler, Yoda, Darth Maul, Alfred, and the 80th 2-packs.  80th Thor is supposed to arrive from amazon today though, so that should suffice.

Finally got the 80th iron man from amazon yesterday. ended up getting a $1.50 discount for some reason so that worked out i guess. Love the figure, but i think they made the tony head a tad to big. they really struggle with that don't they. looks good on the fig itself but any other fig and its pretty huge compared. I Was hopping it would fit on the Everett Ross body  but it's a bit to big and the Ross body's neck is to short. i tried a captin america head on it and it works great as for as scale goes. to bad. Gota get my hands on the mcu stark head. Also FYI, if you want a hand with a joint on it the retro iron man hand does work with it. It's a bit smaller than the 80s hands but i think it's fine. the retro release has the left hand and the older first release with the bigger boots has a right hand but i don't have one of those so i cant test that one. it may work just as well.

bwOnzWJh.jpg

o32NXTph.jpgsgnX2nYh.jpg

0dx2vyKh.jpg6E631gbh.jpg

1fQ5pxMh.jpgOzAdDXSh.jpg

d4omBpDh.jpgOsYrtn2h.jpg

moVaUqmh.jpg3jtYGA7h.jpg

2DmZ5KUh.jpgvmTeFnch.jpg

Vz5dstDh.jpggjs1qdZh.jpg

TOglKAAh.jpgs5C5pZJh.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, RyanDaly said:

I pre-ordered the 80th Anniversary Hulk & Wolverine 2-pack the day it went up back in May on Big Bad Toy Store. Three months later, that item hasn't even stocked, and yet I'm seeing tons of reviews of the figure and I've seen the figures for sale (overpriced) at comic book stores.

Is it weird that BBTS hasn't filled that order yet? Is anyone else experiencing the same delay?

I found the Hulk & Wolverine 2-pack on HasbroPulse this morning. Immediately ordered it from there and cancelled my BBTS order that's been sitting unfilled.

That's the fifth pre-order I've cancelled from Big Bad Toy Store in the last month because I've found the items either in retail stores or other websites FASTER AND CHEAPER. At this rate, I can't imagine every shopping at BBTS again. 

Just got my Hulk/Wolvy 2 pack from DST yesterday. After many, many, many yrs, I can finally take action pics of my favorite Marvel characters in their classic looks. This is the 1st Hulk I've owned since the FFF BAF wave of 2010. I don't collect MCU, so skipped on all those numerous Ruffalo based Hulks. Now this, this is the classic 70s Hulk I've wanted to see in plastic form all my life, same for IM, Thor & Cap. Here's a few pics I took of em.

DSCF8470.JPG

DSCF8471.JPG

DSCF8484.JPG

Uhm hi, I just saw a GreyHulk vintage figure up over at Amazon Mx. Sold by Amazon and part of Prime, so I'm guessing it's officially Hasbro's. Can't find pictures of it anymore, but it was the 2 pack version, with the ripped shirt, in grey with the vintage cardback and the pipe accessory. Just a heads up if it starts popping up for you guys too.

18 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Uhm hi, I just saw a GreyHulk vintage figure up over at Amazon Mx. Sold by Amazon and part of Prime, so I'm guessing it's officially Hasbro's. Can't find pictures of it anymore, but it was the 2 pack version, with the ripped shirt, in grey with the vintage cardback and the pipe accessory. Just a heads up if it starts popping up for you guys too.

There are now pics on the main page:

Marvel Legends Grey Hulk Action Figure Coming From Hasbro?!?

Picked up Guardian recently. A very bittersweet figure indeed! If they hadn't shown us those prototypes with the gorgeous metallic paint, then this would have been fine. As is, and with the grumpy-grampa face it's ok. Still happy to have a new Guardian figure at long last though. I would really love it if Hasbro included some bonus alternate heads as pack-ins with some future Alpha Flight character, ideally a neutral expression and a grit teeth expression. Some bonus hands would have been nice, but I find Quicksilver's open palm hands work really well as zap-em-up hands on good ol' Mac!

8 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Picked up Guardian recently. A very bittersweet figure indeed! If they hadn't shown us those prototypes with the gorgeous metallic paint, then this would have been fine.

Agreed!  I just opened mine over the weekend.  A paint job like the prototype had would've made a world of difference!

Oh, and @Gigantor, I finally saw a few of the defective Iceman figures you were talking about. The Gamestops around here seem to have a ton of copies of Iceman, so I've been looking through them all, and a few definitely had the line you described. Most of them did not, however, and I have now seen dozens without that defect locally. Maybe some areas just got hit primarily by bad batches? Either way, hang in there. There are plenty of lineless 90s Icemans out there.

9 hours ago, bluebee said:

the only one that's expensive on ebay is storm

I guess it depends what you mean by 'expensive', but the cheapest complete, unopened Beast on eBay right now is $22.95 plus (based on my location) $7.85 shipping, and they're pretty much all $30 or more after shipping, even loose. Jubilee and Nightcrawler can be found cheaper, especially loose or at least not sealed, but almost all new copies on eBay are still $25+. Jubilee and Nightcrawler are also $30 on Amazon, while Beast is $40.

11 hours ago, Benn said:

Oh, and @Gigantor, I finally saw a few of the defective Iceman figures you were talking about. The Gamestops around here seem to have a ton of copies of Iceman, so I've been looking through them all, and a few definitely had the line you described. Most of them did not, however, and I have now seen dozens without that defect locally. Maybe some areas just got hit primarily by bad batches? Either way, hang in there. There are plenty of lineless 90s Icemans out there.

I got 2 (a friend and I ordered together). Both had the middle line, but one wasn't that noticeable... the other one looked like Tyrion Lannister should've looked if the book had really been referenced.

7 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I got 2 (a friend and I ordered together). Both had the middle line, but one wasn't that noticeable... the other one looked like Tyrion Lannister should've looked if the book had really been referenced.

That's definitely a huge bummer. I guess whatever type of plastic they're using for the icy look is just prone to defects.

This is a strange and unique time for me...I actually have all currently available Marvel Legends products, both comic and MCU. It's even weirder because it's at a time when there is SO much product being released; as a result, I'm sending all of my excess good vibes to you all - best of luck in the hunt, because there's a lot out there!

On 8/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, Air-Walker said:

Picked up Guardian recently. A very bittersweet figure indeed! If they hadn't shown us those prototypes with the gorgeous metallic paint, then this would have been fine. As is, and with the grumpy-grampa face it's ok. Still happy to have a new Guardian figure at long last though. I would really love it if Hasbro included some bonus alternate heads as pack-ins with some future Alpha Flight character, ideally a neutral expression and a grit teeth expression. Some bonus hands would have been nice, but I find Quicksilver's open palm hands work really well as zap-em-up hands on good ol' Mac!

As I said in an FB group..
He's just in a grump because he's from London Ontario.

Same, man.
Same.