Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 9/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, CO_Alex said:

I got lucky with my local GameStop calling a couple of other stores and reserving this for me.  

1DB229D1-1A77-47BF-8EE4-14210FFFBF3D.jpeg

I have been trying to get one around Jacksonville, FL area. Yesterday I walked into the Gamestop by my house and when I asked about the Punisher War Machine the guy who works there said they didn't know what I was talking about.

Out of curiosity I call that same Gamestop today, somehow the guy remembered who I was, and he tells me they had them yesterday but sold them before I got there. I told them wth, they said yesterday they didn't even know what it was. This guy is a freaking liar. To finish it off he says "we will not get any more of these".

I wish I had Gamestops as nice as yours with honest people.

I have dealt with too many asshats at gamestops over the years, whether its something that happened to a preordered game or just bad attitude's from the employees. I still go in there to check whats new but I guess its a good thing they are bad at stocking new stuff around here or I would be more tempted to spend money there

3 hours ago, americamgl said:

I have been trying to get one around Jacksonville, FL area. Yesterday I walked into the Gamestop by my house and when I asked about the Punisher War Machine the guy who works there said they didn't know what I was talking about.

Out of curiosity I call that same Gamestop today, somehow the guy remembered who I was, and he tells me they had them yesterday but sold them before I got there. I told them wth, they said yesterday they didn't even know what it was. This guy is a freaking liar. To finish it off he says "we will not get any more of these".

I wish I had Gamestops as nice as yours with honest people.

I am lucky, they have a few very nice helpful reps.  I stop in about 2-3 times a week to look around and buy quite a few figures from them so they see me often enough.  This is why I buy so much from them since they are helpful and they just about always have what I am looking for without having to drive to a dozen Walmarts and Targets.  

Got these guys today, very happy, but also bummed out I didn't see WM Pun, and they had gotten the new Bro Thor wave, but the only figure was Captain America (we know that guy is gonna be a pegwarmer , also non of this Giant Man or Stealth Invincible IM people keep finding

AAVTP.jpg

1 hour ago, mako said:

Just arrived, and i can honestly say . . . yes, he is indeed the worst. The skinny Bucky, that first Hasbro Namor, even that Doc Samson whose legs could only splay out to the side; they were all better than this. At least they represented a whole figure. This is a torso glued to a see-thru orange lump. It looks like something a little kid would do with a busted action figure and some playdoh. 

Damn, I was really looking forward to a Cannonball figure, He's one of my favorite X-Men.

Well, not an action figure, but it was my birthday last week and my baby got me an airbrush and a compressor.  I've been threatening for years now to try my hand at some customs and with the expensive stuff out of the way, I'm just about out of excuses.  I hope to get my first attempt underway in the next month or so.

Different kind of haul I guess, but I'm excited and needed to share.  I've got a good character picked out and some ideas on how I'm going to get there.  If the end result isn't too embarrassingly bad, I'll share it on this site with you guys.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, mako said:

To each their own. I personally think it would have benefitted greatly with a longer contrail, maybe make it two pieces, with a more conical bottom . . . like a comet tail. I figure that's what they had in mind, they just couldn't make it cost out.

In any case, I may warm up to it when I actually have it in hand. We'll see.

Not a Cannonball fan but that's EXACTLY what I said they should have done for his comet trail. 2 pieces would've fit in his carton and I think the fans that really like him, would've liked that as well.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Just arrived, and i can honestly say . . . yes, he is indeed the worst. The skinny Bucky, that first Hasbro Namor, even that Doc Samson whose legs could only splay out to the side; they were all better than this. At least they represented a whole figure. This is a torso glued to a see-thru orange lump. It looks like something a little kid would do with a busted action figure and some playdoh. 

Thanks for the review, bro. Its what I suspected but better knowing it came from someone with first hand knowledge.

Picked up Stealth Iron Man, Giant-Man ( I thought this was a December release), Camo Punisher, Warmachine Punisher... pretty good day.

For repaints I’d say Hasbro knocked these out of the park. Well, the Giant-Man is nice but not significantly different. The WM Punisher is slick. 

Will make a real time decision on Big Time Spider. Passed on White Agent Venom for the same reasons I want to pass on EndGame Cap. Crap articulation. 

Just picked up Heimdall which was the only new Endgame Wave 3 figure at EB, the rest yet again other then Cap were swooped up, one of the dudes who works there said some kid ran into the store earlier that day and stole Valykrie, Iron Patriot and Vision, damn jerks!

but I'm happy to say to all my canadian friends , Dani Moonstar will be coming here , I pre-ordered 3

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just picked up Heimdall which was the only new Endgame Wave 3 figure at EB, the rest yet again other then Cap were swooped up, one of the dudes who works there said some kid ran into the store earlier that day and stole Valykrie, Iron Patriot and Vision, damn jerks!

Bummer. I had some snot-nosed little kids steal 80th Thor and Iron Man from my store yesterday. I've been stewing about it all day.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Wow, obviously we're all aware of fig swappers but haven't heard a lot of stories about kids running out of the stores with MLs.  Frankly i didn't think kids were all that interested in these things.

These same kids have run out with random sets of dice, etc. They're just stealing to steal.

16 hours ago, Benn said:

Bummer. I had some snot-nosed little kids steal 80th Thor and Iron Man from my store yesterday. I've been stewing about it all day.

Yeah I had really no idea kids/people were actually out right stealing figures, but I guess they must since, we see the state of swapping and ripping off. I would be so mad if I was you dude, thats a real snotty ass thing to do, how did they get to the figs I woulda thought you'd have them in a case (thinking they'd be loose?) , I would have chased them out the store just for that hulk