Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Didn't know they were making a Thanoscopter toy.  Hilarious!

I actually saw one yesterday in-store and it's smaller than I thought - it's one of those mini RC helicopters that can fit in the palm of your hand. Someone on Reddit posted a pic which I'll attach here.

Also, one of my local Duane Reades (Walgreens) on the UWS of Manhattan got a tote yesterday with an Emma Frost and a couple of the new Funko Spidey Pops, so if you're in NYC and still need her you might want to make the rounds this week. Still no sign of Dani Moonstone although every single Duane Reades has an empty shelf slot for "Walgreens Exclusive Mr Fantastic".

IMG_5742.JPG

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I had really no idea kids/people were actually out right stealing figures, but I guess they must since, we see the state of swapping and ripping off. I would be so mad if I was you dude, thats a real snotty ass thing to do, how did they get to the figs I woulda thought you'd have them in a case (thinking they'd be loose?) , I would have chased them out the store just for that hulk

These were new in box, on a peg. These kids' (and honestly most decent retail thieves') strategy is to have one or two of them tie up the staff with questions as a diversion while the others run out with something. I think they only got Iron Man and Thor, but they were the 80th anniversary versions, so they're $5 more than typical Legends. I wasn't there at the time, and I don't let my staff chase shoplifters because they can get in serious trouble if things aren't done perfectly by the book, and it's better to unambiguously have policies that don't risk their safety, but it still stings.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

These were new in box, on a peg. These kids' (and honestly most decent retail thieves') strategy is to have one or two of them tie up the staff with questions as a diversion while the others run out with something. I think they only got Iron Man and Thor, but they were the 80th anniversary versions, so they're $5 more than typical Legends. I wasn't there at the time, and I don't let my staff chase shoplifters because they can get in serious trouble if things aren't done perfectly by the book, and it's better to unambiguously have policies that don't risk their safety, but it still stings.

Yeah I can relate, I used to work a Wine Store for years, pretty much every day we'd have all types of thieves in action, and Yes I totally know the problems that can arise from trying to stop them or chase them out the store, it's still a real stinger, I get it when people do pull those stunts, it's a shame really people resorting to such measures

58 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

Happens to find Moonstar at my local WALGREENS today. What's funny is I was buying LOL dolls for my granddaughter and she was behind them. I felt bad for taking someone's "stash" but I'll get over it! Just need two more to complete the ladies. 

lol alls fair in love and war and action figures

6 hours ago, Benn said:

When I was a kid working at a supermarket in FL in the mid 80’s the store would announce some code and you dropped everything and ran for the door and jumped whoever the guy in front of you was jumping.  It got pretty crazy sometimes with 8-10 stock guys holding people down and chasing shoplifters.  It’s way too dangerous these days and not to mention the lawsuits they would hit you with.  I agree with you about not having your staff chase them down.  It’s not worth the hassle or getting shot over catching shoplifters.  

Damn, I would be tempted to pick that up if I saw it in the wild, rather than wait for my own store's copies, which aren't due in until December 1st or so. It's gonna be a tough wait. I didn't realize how excited I was for this version of Havok until just now. That's a great looking figure.

I just opened my 80th Anniversary Thor.  He's far and away my favorite classic Thor.  Just a beautiful figure from top to bottom.

Constructive criticisms: He's got next to no head movement side-to-side.  Making his hair out of some softer plastic that could be bent up over the cape would have alleviated that some.  Also, when are we going to get a legends-scaled whirling hammer effect accessory!?

I put him up on my shelf to admire him for a day or so and he's casting a very dramatic shadow on the wall this morning.

IMG_20191012_093744586_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191012_093755570.jpg

grats on the thor dude, im glad you're so happy with it😁 that is an epic shadow!

i got the mark 85 iron man today and im super thriled  with it. if i had to name its flaws i guess it would be that the neck peg they used is a really weird choice, and the eyes and arc reactor cold use a touch of blue? other than that though its my favorite iron man ML yet

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Finally got Dani! and the girls , from EB Games

DANIMOON.jpg

Congrats! Having Karma and Dani toys has been a big quality of life improvement for me. We may not have my favourite looks for most of them (yet), but my dream team of Chamber, Dust, Karma, Magik, Psylocke, and Wolverine inches ever forward.

3 minutes ago, Benn said:

Congrats! Having Karma and Dani toys has been a big quality of life improvement for me. We may not have my favourite looks for most of them (yet), but my dream team of Chamber, Dust, Karma, Magik, Psylocke, and Wolverine inches ever forward.

Yeah I'm really stoked, I was worried for a quick moment we'd never see Dani here in Canada (even then I was worried we'd have the same problem as you US guys at Walgreens never finding em), then EB Games dude told me it was a go after me bugging him forever, initially he said I could pre-order but it didn't seem that way, so I was on my way to a family event and said screw it I'm going to EB, sure enough as I walked in I saw a Dani, and then 2 more and grabbed em so fast, the guy at the cash thought I was just a real weirdo at how fast I did all that and asked "but why 3?" so I had to explain , but hey just to let people know it seems we are doing better then Walgreen's here with EB , they had 8 of these on the rack

On 10/9/2019 at 11:31 PM, CO_Alex said:

I stopped by two GameStops in the past few days and haven’t seen Big Time Spidey yet.  I need to check the app to see where I can find him.  

I actually got mine from BBTS, no sign of the figure at any local GameStops.  They've had Iron Man and Wolverine, but that's it.  

On 10/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

^^^ Same here just bought Big Time Spidey today , he looked real good in person so I couldn't say no, also got some non legends which were Neca 1990 Movie TMNT figs was so excited to get those

Those TMNT figures are works of art, some of my absolute favorite figures of all time, and definitely the best Turtles figures on my shelf.  Can't wait for the next wave of them in 2020.

6 hours ago, mars396 said:
So after a very long, very stressful day, I decide to stop at Target on my way home, last minute.
And there she was, hanging on a peg, waiting for me.
My GRAIL figure   FINALLY!!!!!

1013192016.jpg

I love a happy ending. I'm glad you hung in there for the second run!

6 hours ago, mars396 said:
So after a very long, very stressful day, I decide to stop at Target on my way home, last minute.
And there she was, hanging on a peg, waiting for me.
My GRAIL figure   FINALLY!!!!!

1013192016.jpg

Glad you got a reward for a long day and a long wait!