Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So Some dude in Chicago says he found all of these Stepford girls, seems like they are popping up now already

*it's not my pic, just spreading the news

stepforcuoo.jpg

Yeah i'll probably wait at least a month or so before i start checking my local stores in MA.  But mainly i'll just hope that when it goes up on WG's website i hear about it quickly enough to get one - that's pretty much how i've scored most of their exclusives that i wanted.  i think emma and invisible woman are the only ones i bought in the store. 

Well after all this time it seems Amazon has messed me over, I knew it was probably going to come to this, I could tell, my Dr. Doom was just cancelled off my pre-orders and it was suppose to ship out today, they said there is NO way they can obtain this figure for me, thanks amazon for coming through, when I ordered this back when it came up as a pre-order, really awesome, looks like I'm sure I'll never get that Doom not inless I want to pay 150 dollars which I see it being sold for , lovely

anyone else in Canada had this problem ?

38 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Well after all this time it seems Amazon has messed me over, I knew it was probably going to come to this, I could tell, my Dr. Doom was just cancelled off my pre-orders and it was suppose to ship out today, they said there is NO way they can obtain this figure for me, thanks amazon for coming through, when I ordered this back when it came up as a pre-order, really awesome, looks like I'm sure I'll never get that Doom not inless I want to pay 150 dollars which I see it being sold for , lovely

anyone else in Canada had this problem ?

I'd be patient, they pulled a similar on me with the Iron Patriot (they lost my  package). I found it eventually, and got the money back.

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

I'd be patient, they pulled a similar on me with the Iron Patriot (they lost my  package). I found it eventually, and got the money back.

what truly bothers me is what is the point of pre-ordering if it's not going to secure you the product, this is the point of the pre-order or am I just insane... must be insane, I'm especially pissed off that now listed on amazon is only a 3rd party seller who is selling the figure for 137 dollars

Got this email from HabroPulse:

Thanks for your recent order on HasbroPulse.com.

We understand that you purchased [one or more of] the below product:

E8114 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic Figure

E8115 Marvel Legends Series Human Torch Figure

E8116 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Thing Figure

E8117 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Invisible Woman Figure

E8118 Marvel Legends Series Hulk Figure

E8119 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Doctor Doom Figure

E8120 Marvel Legends Series Spider-Armor MK III Figure

E8121 Marvel Legends Series Velocity Suit Spider-Man Figure

E8122 Marvel Legends Series Superior Octopus Figure

E8123 Marvel Legends Series Shang Chi Figure

E8124 Marvel Legends Series Vulture Figure

E8125 Marvel Legends Series White Rabbit Figure

We apologize but please note your item will now ship out during the week of January 13th, 2020. 

Haven't seen either the FF or new Spidey waves in the wild, yet.  One of my local WM is absolutely overflowing with the Prof Hulk wave so i'm not sure they'll be getting new stuff in anytime soon.  Target and the other WM have more empty spots on the pegs so maybe one of the waves will show up there before too long.

I did see a few of the new McFarlane DC figs, but just the ones based on animated stuff which i have no interest in.  Even the comic ones i'm not too keen on as they are too big to pose with ML (although they would probably work with marvel select).

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

what truly bothers me is what is the point of pre-ordering if it's not going to secure you the product, this is the point of the pre-order or am I just insane... must be insane, I'm especially pissed off that now listed on amazon is only a 3rd party seller who is selling the figure for 137 dollars

You're not insane, and it's truly missing the points of preordering anything. You've every right to be upset, just don't give up on finding the figure at retail price yet. I mean, it hasn't even been a month and it's currently not being offered worldwide even.

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Still in stock.  

For now at least.  Storm went quick, so act fast. 

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1912937

I found the new Spidey wave and picked up the Shang Chi I wanted. The others look great though.

on a side note I also picked up the new McFarlane Superman. Got to say it is sooooo disappointing. As a statue he looks great, but try to pose him and the weird joints and odd proportions are exposed. As others have mentioned he is way out of scale for Legends but as a Superman fan I had hoped he would be something special. guess it was not meant to be. All good, though, Hasbro is going to get a lot more of my money this year.

McFarlane's initial fail (going to keep watch to see if they improve) really makes me grateful for the golden age of Marvel Legends we are in right now. I get a company with a new license having growing pains, lord knows Hasbro had their share but when I can walk out with a SHANG CHI figure that puts Superman to shame we are truly in a great era 

3 hours ago, mars396 said:

Still in stock.  

For now at least.  Storm went quick, so act fast. 

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1912937

Thanks Dude, I appreciate the support.

it turns out as per usual I'm very lucky to have a GF who endorses my figure collecting, after I told her what happened with the pre-order, she called me and told me to shut up because she bought me Doom from some other site

22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Exactly! What IS the point of the pre-order...they pulled this crap with me way back when they were offering the X-Men wave with Jubilee BAF....

I'm not too mad about it now, since we have a better Magneto, better Storm (and on the way to getting her in her original outfit) and even better Jubilee, a figure I wasn't exactly clamoring for anyway. But at the time they didn't cancel my order until every other action figure site had already sold out.

Just anecdotal evidence, but i remember last year a lot of stories  amazon preorders getting cancelled.  I wouldn't preorder anything from them unless its an exclusive. probably better to go with one of the smaller etailers, although its a crapshoot as to how quickly they get the product relative to others, and also a crapshoot as to whether the etailer receives their full shipment from hasbro all at once (if not, sometimes you end up having to wait for the next shipment while others will get theres). - and my guess is this is what happened with your preorder, amazon got a smaller shipment than expected and rather than wait for who knows how long they cancel the orders once they've run out of stock.  

its frustrating but i would say its mainly hasbro not being able to keep up with demand, and i'm not sure what the solution is.  I also think of things last year like WM getting a big FFH display and then having none of the FFH figures to put on it - instead the display came with a case of  Kingpin wave, which seemed bizarre at the time.   Again, my guess would be that the display WAS supposed to include a case of molten man figs but hasbro couldn't get them out in time. Or think of how all those Corvus Glaive preorders were cancelled by WM because all they got was 4 per store that came in an aisle endcap display,  i assume WM was expecting many more cases of those sets (which did come around, but much later).  I'm not gonna speculate what happened with the Binary figure.

All that said,   all of 2019's waves did show up at my local stores sooner or later (except endgame wave 3) so I'll probably stick with hunting in the wild and occasionally picking up a figure from amazon if it is in stock already.   But obviously in some places local stores don't order every wave and in some places the hot figures go quickly and then its just the same old pegwarmers for months afterwards.

Happy 2020 Forum Fans!  It's been months since I added any remarks since my X-Men cravings were satisfied with all the 2019 vintage, 2PK and 3PK releases.  I have ordered vintage Storm with the black suit (the one I really preferred) and I was going to take it easy.  I had convinced myself to just order a figure if I was truly interested in it and not go searching.  Even though this strayed from my X-Men aesthetic , I was interested in the Shang-Chi figure from the Demogoblin wave.  I have the comics and followed the character from the early days.  After seeing some video reviews, I was drawn to search for it since Hasbro Pulse was out of stock.  I checked out a Target near where I work on my way home and found only the two Spider Man figures from the wave, so with today being my day off (taking my car for some repairs)  I was about to do some HUNTING.  I hit one Target and found the same two figures on a peg.  I then ventured to another Target, where in the past I have been successful in finding something that I wasn't looking for. No Shang-Chi but to my surprise there was the entire FF/Super Skrull wave!  Doctor Doom, She-Hulk et al.  I always admired Doctor Doom as a top tier baddie. and for the time being I picked up him and She-Hulk.  As I was venturing around, I was checking for the Stepford Cuckoos as well and in my travels I came upon a Walgreens that i was unaware of.  So again I was amazed and shocked to find a Dani Moonstar and four of them!  I grabbed one and made my way to Walmart, another Target and GC , before calling it a day.  Alas no Shang-Chi or any other finds but unexpected plastic was found.

FF Wave.jpg

Dani Moonstar.jpg

well this is odd, for the 1st time in ages I found a sign of new ML wave at my local Walmart. All was left was shang chi. I really just wanted the spideys (oct and velocity suit) so I left shang chi hanging on the peg. I found it odd that the velocity suit wasn't there since theres so much talk of it being the pegwarmer of the wave

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I received the new Spider-Man wave today from DorkSide.  I can't remember ever being less excited for a wave before.  I hate having instant buyer's remorse before I even open something. 😕

Lol, I could have told you that before you pre-ordered it. The only figure I want is Vulture and even that I was thinking about waiting for discounted prices. I think everything else will end up on sale for about $15.00 or 10.00 loose. 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:33 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Got this email from HabroPulse:

Thanks for your recent order on HasbroPulse.com.

We understand that you purchased [one or more of] the below product:

E8114 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic Figure

E8115 Marvel Legends Series Human Torch Figure

E8116 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Thing Figure

E8117 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Invisible Woman Figure

E8118 Marvel Legends Series Hulk Figure

E8119 Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Doctor Doom Figure

E8120 Marvel Legends Series Spider-Armor MK III Figure

E8121 Marvel Legends Series Velocity Suit Spider-Man Figure

E8122 Marvel Legends Series Superior Octopus Figure

E8123 Marvel Legends Series Shang Chi Figure

E8124 Marvel Legends Series Vulture Figure

E8125 Marvel Legends Series White Rabbit Figure

We apologize but please note your item will now ship out during the week of January 13th, 2020. 

Same.  I reached out to them to at least see if they had a new estimated ship date, no reply yet.  

Picked up Superior Octopus and Velocity Suit at Gamestop, they're running a 20% off collectibles promo, so got them for the same price as Pulse.  If my luck keeps up l'll slowly cancel my Pulse orders since they can't seem to meet demand on even the less wanted figures.