Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Saw a lone Thing at my local WM. Kind of annoying since i was there yesterday and there was no FF wave, but i assume it was just one collector who bought a whole set and an extra Doom.  I only want Doom so now i'll check the other nearby WM tomorrow in the hopes of spotting him.

My hunt wasn't entirely in vain though as i found a Shang-chi at my local WG. They didn't have anyone else from the wave and i checked the other 2 WG in my area but they had nothing new (altho a lot of Dani's and Emma Frosts).  So that's one i can cross of my must-have list for 2020, with 4 remaining (Doom, Vulture, White Rabbit, Stepford Cuckoos) with Cosmic Ghost Rider a strong contender to make that list too.  I'm sure Shang-Chi will be available at a cheaper price at some point but that's OK, with a small must-have list i don't really mind paying msrp to get him sooner, plus there is something to be said for supporting stores that carry ML figs.

Checked my only remaining local Gamestop (the other one closed last week), they had a Cara Dune but no new marvel stuff. Was tempted to get her due to the 20% off sale, but i dunno, i guess i'm just not that big on collecting star wars figures these days, altho i loved the Mandalorean series.

Went to the other WM near me, they had exactly 3 of each gamerverse Spidey.  I'm at a loss to explain how that occurred, especially since i was just at this WM on Friday and no sign of this wave then.  Maybe they just pulled Spidey's from the cases they had and plan to put the rest out later, that's the best i can come up with anyhow.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Went to the other WM near me, they had exactly 3 of each gamerverse Spidey.  I'm at a loss to explain how that occurred, especially since i was just at this WM on Friday and no sign of this wave then.  Maybe they just pulled Spidey's from the cases they had and plan to put the rest out later, that's the best i can come up with anyhow.

I ran into a similar situation with the Avengers EndGame third wave. Was in my local WM and there was zero new product. Literally in the next day and the were one each of the Iron Man and Cap. No others in sight, as a matter of fact the rest of the wave never showed as far as I know .  At least I never saw them.

During my search I checked websites from GameStop, BBTS, EE. Most had both Cap and Iron Man in stock while the rest were still designated as pre orders. So maybe certain retailers get certain figures from an assortment early? 

I ended up trading in some old PS4 games and ended up with enough credit at GameStop to order the remaining 3rd EndGame wave. The only place I ever saw them in the wild was weeks after my order came in I happened to be in a FYE. gladly passed on the $4 up charge...

1 hour ago, decon said:

Same thing at my WM. They had 3 each of the Spiderverse nothing else. 

Huh. I wonder if they are sending out cases of just the spider-figures.  Otherwise the only scenario is they put out 3 cases, and sold 3 each of the other 4 characters without anybody buying  any spiderman figs, which doesn't strike me as likely at all.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I ran into a similar situation with the Avengers EndGame third wave. Was in my local WM and there was zero new product. Literally in the next day and the were one each of the Iron Man and Cap. No others in sight, as a matter of fact the rest of the wave never showed as far as I know .  At least I never saw them.

During my search I checked websites from GameStop, BBTS, EE. Most had both Cap and Iron Man in stock while the rest were still designated as pre orders. So maybe certain retailers get certain figures from an assortment early? 

I ended up trading in some old PS4 games and ended up with enough credit at GameStop to order the remaining 3rd EndGame wave. The only place I ever saw them in the wild was weeks after my order came in I happened to be in a FYE. gladly passed on the $4 up charge...

the only place i've seen endgame wave 3 in the wild was FYE (where they were charging like $28 per figure) and i saw the Cap at Gamestop (but just him).  Kinda weird as it seems like Walmart and Target  would've wanted to stock up on this wave for the holidays, but mostly i just saw the Prof Hulk wave restocked everywhere instead.

11 hours ago, mako said:

Wandered into a Searcy Walmart tonight and low and behold, complete sets of Demogoblin AND Super Skrull waves (okay, minus She-Hulk). Unfortunately, I only had enough left in the figure budget for one til the end of the week, so it came down to Doom or Shang-Chi. That WAS a pretty Doom, and I may hate myself later, but I had to go with the Bruce Lee riff.*

* Now if someone would just do a 1/12th scale John Saxon figure I'd be one happy little "Enter the Dragon" fan.

Nice!! Have seen most of that FF wave in the wild but no sign of Doom yet. Really liking the Shang-Chi figure, between a nice articulation scheme and all the swappable hands, he’s a lot of fun to pose. Maybe Hasbro will tackle some more martial arts characters as I’m sure they’ll want to re-use the nunchucks

1 hour ago, mako said:

Right on all counts, though I had a scary little moment with my Shang-Chi. Apparently, paint had seeped into the hinge of the right shoulder joint and completely fused it. Fortunately, I was able to work the joint loose with a precision exacto and some TLC. 

It'll be cheating, but I'm probably gonna breakdown and order White Rabbit today.

Yeah i had to use a hairdryer to loosen Shang's feet as they wouldn't move forward or back. Think i learned my lesson about trying to force joints awhile back when both of Laura Wolverine's arms snapped off at the elbows when i first tried to bend them. 

Scored vulture this morning at Walmart, almost got White Rabbit too but another collector had her in hand as i arrived at the toy aisle. If i had gotten there 5 minutes sooner.... but C'est la vie... i'm sure i'll find her some other time.  He also grabbed the 3 FF members they had in stock so pretty nice score for him.  We had fun chatting for a minute about this store's crazy overstock of Prof Hulk wave - they have about 20 on pegs and at least another 20 on the shelf above the aisle. For awhile they were marked down to $11 but now they are back up to like $17, which i'm sure will help them sell faster.  Too bad the new waves ring up at regular price.

1 hour ago, greenlucario said:

Spider-Armor Mk III and White Rabbit from pulse today, with Vulture and Shang Chi getting in tomorrow.  Really enjoying this wave, and can't wait to get Demogoblin assembled.

Nice!! i picked up White Rabbit last night so i've gotten my must-have figures from the wave, she's very cool! , plus i have velocity suit coming as well so i will likely assemble Demogoblin too.  I like the Superior Ock figure but i'm not really feeling the armor suit for some reason.

No sign of Doom yet.  Both the WM's near me have gotten in both the FF wave and Spidey wave but all that's left of either at the moment are the 2 playstation game figs.  My target is resetting the toy dept and hasn't put out anything new yet. 

One WM also got the comic Superman and animated Supes/GL/Harley from the new DC Multiverse line.  i would've gotten comic Supes but the scale is too big for him to work with ML (or old DCUC/multiverse figs).

2 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Nice!! i picked up White Rabbit last night so i've gotten my must-have figures from the wave, she's very cool! , plus i have velocity suit coming as well so i will likely assemble Demogoblin too.  I like the Superior Ock figure but i'm not really feeling the armor suit for some reason.

No sign of Doom yet.  Both the WM's near me have gotten in both the FF wave and Spidey wave but all that's left of either at the moment are the 2 playstation game figs.  My target is resetting the toy dept and hasn't put out anything new yet. 

One WM also got the comic Superman and animated Supes/GL/Harley from the new DC Multiverse line.  i would've gotten comic Supes but the scale is too big for him to work with ML (or old DCUC/multiverse figs).

Doom is currently in stock at Hasbropulse 

22 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I like the armor suit, I just wish it was in better scale with other Hasbro Spider-Man figures, it's a bit short.  Superior Ock is also really good, but the tentacles really bring the figure down for me, I mean it looks great vanilla posed, but more dynamic stuff seems to cause the tentacles to fall off with even the slightest movement.  With Demogoblin now built, I can easily say this is my favorite figure of the wave.

Really looking forward to Doom, should be in from pulse next week.

I was going to a work meeting this morning and figured I would leave early and hit a Walgreen's near where I use to work; where I had some success in the past finding their Marvel Legends exclusives.  I walked in and had to reorient myself, but once I got my bearings I found the Stepford Cuckoos I had been in search of.  There were three of the young ladies on the shelf.  This was my second trip in as many days looking for the girls and to my surprise I came across 2 or 3 Doctor Dooms as well as other FF Super Skrull wave figures.  So I know that Doom is popular but I've seen him in the wild on multiple occasions now.   Call it kismet but I guess that it has been just my luck.

Stepford Cuckoos.jpg

6 hours ago, mako said:

Kinda wish I didn't order that Doctor Doom from Pulse this morning. Hit one of the local Walmarts this afternoon and scooped up the rest of the entire wave. Still not completely sold on "Self-Harm She-Hulk," but it's not that bad a figure. May yet be able to find a place in my collection for her. There were two Dooms on the pegs I had to leave behind.

On a side note, has ANYONE actually seen Vulture in the wild? This is the second time I've found a fresh, otherwise complete set of Demogoblin wave without him in it. Starting to wonder.

I've only seen one Vulture on the pegs (the one i bought) .   I  know this wave is just getting started but it seems like it would'be been better for Hasbro to double pack Vulture, the two sony spider-men are the only figures in the wave that seem to be sticking around (no pun intended)... the other 4 are here one day, gone the next, at least so far that's been my experience.   But if those 2 end up pegwarming i'm sure stores will be happier having some spider-men figures hanging around then, say, Gwenpool, since they have a much better chance of being bought by non-collectors.  

yesterday i did a bit of hunting and it was a pretty good success. i was looking for the demogoblin and skrull wave but i only found a couple. walmart has nothing yet. bare shelves. but i did stop by a couple walgeens and they did have the cuckoos. i found 5 of them, 3 at one and 2 at the other. i picked up a set of 3. i also found invisible woman human torch and superior doc ock at target and gamestop. i found it interesting that both target and gamestop had the same exact figs without variation. I did not pick them up because i plan on buying the whole wave together if i cant find them in the next couple days. I am happy with the cuckoos for now.

nBAb1esh.jpg

Here's what my local Walmart looks like all the time now. shameful. They had an abundance of marvel legends before i started collecting again. There were all ways a ton sitting in the clearance isle as well but now I'm lucky to find regular priced ones on the shelf. I have to go all the way in to another town to find any.

6BbvH9Fh.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, mako said:

Kinda wish I didn't order that Doctor Doom from Pulse this morning. Hit one of the local Walmarts this afternoon and scooped up the rest of the entire wave. Still not completely sold on "Self-Harm She-Hulk," but it's not that bad a figure. May yet be able to find a place in my collection for her. There were two Dooms on the pegs I had to leave behind.

On a side note, has ANYONE actually seen Vulture in the wild? This is the second time I've found a fresh, otherwise complete set of Demogoblin wave without him in it. Starting to wonder.

I found Vulture Thursday morning at my local Walmart, they had just put out two cases of the FF and Spider-Man wave, but when I stopped by today the pegs were all cleared out except for the two Spidervere Spideys.  I have a feeling that a scalper cleared everything out.  

Got Doctor Doom and Thing in from Pulse over the weekend.  Doom is every bit the excellent figure I hoped he'd be, might even reign supreme as figure of the year for me.  Joints were incredibly stiff though, caution to everyone still hunting him to be careful loosing him up. 

Thing is a bit of a disappointment.  Figured the lack of black paint in the cracks and the yellow-orange wash would be noticeable, they are, but hoped I could get over the wash enough to use that fantastic new head sculpt on the Walgreens Thing, couldn't manage it.  Hopefully he'll look really good next to the rest of the new renditions of his team, otherwise this one was just for the BAF pieces.