Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Based on the wholesale cost of Legends, $29.99 is really where they should be priced. Don't get me wrong, it's a price I wouldn't be able to handle as a consumer, but as a retailer it's the price that would bring Legends in-line with the profit margins required to keep me in business.

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

For $30, they better include 3 alternate head sculpts, 4-5 sets of different hands & some sort of accessory that can be used to utilize whatever power that character may have.

Dude see Legends have been 30 bucks here in Canada for years, you guys have been lucky (yeah are money is worth less than the us, but still feels the same spending 30 bucks a figure) , bottom line is if you want em, you don't have much choice, also what sucks is here in Canada we rarely see sales, not like you guys getting clearance figs for 4.50

On 2/2/2020 at 12:15 PM, bashpics99 said:

Looks like GameStop is raising ML prices to $29.99... yikes! Guess I won’t be buying any figures there anymore. Seems like they are close to going under anyhow, 2 out of the 3 in my area closed up in the last few weeks

With their increase on the NECA TMNT figures I had a feeling this was coming.  Definitely won't be picking much up there anymore.  

Finally found them!!! woot!! DOOM!!!! I'm gonna sing the doom song now! ha ha!  Doom, shang-chi and Vulture all found at target. They also had 2 things and a hulk. didn't grab them yet but i might go back for she hulk tomorrow. Found in Yuba City CA. they can be yours for the low price of $100 each! ha ha! No these are mine! 😋

0d0weHQh.jpg

MlMdlazh.jpg

avTv34th.jpg

gjzT9ZGh.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kindo said:

Finally found them!!! woot!! DOOM!!!! I'm gonna sing the doom song now! ha ha!  Doom, shang-chi and Vulture all found at target. They also had 2 things and a hulk. didn't grab them yet but i might go back for she hulk tomorrow. Found in Yuba City CA. they can be yours for the low price of $100 each! ha ha! No these are mine! 😋

0d0weHQh.jpg

MlMdlazh.jpg

avTv34th.jpg

gjzT9ZGh.jpg

Great find!! I have yet to see Doom in the wild. Congratulations

On 2/3/2020 at 6:15 PM, KiloinNorcal said:

Odd restock today at two of my Targets.

2x Scorpion

1x Thing

1x Torch.

No She-Hulk or Doom.

Because we needed more Scorpion???

One EB Games store here did say they got The Thing by himself, packaged and shipped with other random (read: non-Marvel Legends) items.

My credit card is showing the charge “pending” from Target for the white “Origins” Black Widow.  

I know Walmart pre-orders have showed the charge “pending” numerous times with the money being charged and credited over and over again... I don’t remember if Target is the same way or not.

Could these be getting ready to ship early?

1 hour ago, BradMan said:

My credit card is showing the charge “pending” from Target for the white “Origins” Black Widow.  

I know Walmart pre-orders have showed the charge “pending” numerous times with the money being charged and credited over and over again... I don’t remember if Target is the same way or not.

Could these be getting ready to ship early?

How long ago did you preorder?  It might be a hold from when you've ordered it, and I've had those linger for about 7 business days at times.

That said, I could see them dropping the comic-based exclusives early to whet the appetite, though that would be mildly unusual.  Movie-linked product launches are usually pretty coordinated.

21 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

How long ago did you preorder?  It might be a hold from when you've ordered it, and I've had those linger for about 7 business days at times.

That said, I could see them dropping the comic-based exclusives early to whet the appetite, though that would be mildly unusual.  Movie-linked product launches are usually pretty coordinated.

I ordered it as soon as it went live on Target’s website... I don’t remember seeing the pending charge in my account until just today.

32 minutes ago, nieman257 said:

Is Thing gonna be the peg warmer? I've yet to see Doom, but I've seen tons of the Thing. My closest Target had 3 of them today. 

Yeah surprisingly he seems to last longer than the other 3 FF. Pretty surprised as I recall a lot of folks complaining they weren’t able to find the WG version. Maybe people are more willing to get the other 3 as they differ more from the WG versions whereas thing is pretty much the same, I dunno 

In the past couple weeks, I’d say I’ve hit about 10 Targets (some multiple times), 5 Walgreens, 2 Gamestops, and a Walmart.

In all those I saw no Dooms, 1 She Hulk (in the wrong place), and the rest of the FF a good 5 or so times each.

For Spidey, I’ve seen Vulture, White Rabbit, Shang Chi, and Ock exactly once each. The two Spidey game costumes are everywhere.

22 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

In the past couple weeks, I’d say I’ve hit about 10 Targets (some multiple times), 5 Walgreens, 2 Gamestops, and a Walmart.

In all those I saw no Dooms, 1 She Hulk (in the wrong place), and the rest of the FF a good 5 or so times each.

For Spidey, I’ve seen Vulture, White Rabbit, Shang Chi, and Ock exactly once each. The two Spidey game costumes are everywhere.

Pretty much the same for me (Philly, PA). One Target I went to had 1 Thing, 3 days later had 3. The rest I've seen everywhere. Perhaps there aren't too many fans of this costume. I've seen Shulkie once, the time I bought it.  But I've still yet to see a Doom. 

For Spidey, I've seen Vulture & White Rabbit twice, Shang Chi & Ock once, and the Spidey-Games every place. 

On 2/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, nieman257 said:

Is Thing gonna be the peg warmer? I've yet to see Doom, but I've seen tons of the Thing. My closest Target had 3 of them today. 

Generally(not always) anything that isn't a classic or iconic version of a character will end up a peg warmer. Doom is a figure I didn't sleep on, same with Vulture from the Spider-Man wave. Everything else from the waves is going to end up under retail. 

17 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Generally(not always) anything that isn't a classic or iconic version of a character will end up a peg warmer. Doom is a figure I didn't sleep on, same with Vulture from the Spider-Man wave. Everything else from the waves is going to end up under retail. 

Its just kinda surprising to me since there were a lot of people who complained they could never find the Thing at Walgreens.  I guess they should've included some different accessories for him to make it more enticing for folks to buy him a 2nd time (not sure what exactly), in addition to including the alternate hands the WG version had .  Also i don't think the weird paint highlights did the figure any favors, the wash the WG version had was way better imo. 

OTOH it seems like a lot of characters who've been re-released don't end up selling well. I'm mostly thinking of sdcc figures like Black Bolt, Medusa, Malekith, etc. I suppose most collectors end up getting the figure the 1st time around and those of us who missed out the 1st time around may be very vocal about it but are relatively small in number.

Of course it is still early so the rest of the FF may end up pegwarming, too.  I think it largely depends on how popular a BAF super-skrull is. Since thing comes with 2 heads if someone is army building skrulls they don't need to buy as many Things as other figures in the wave.

10 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Its just kinda surprising to me since there were a lot of people who complained they could never find the Thing at Walgreens.  I guess they should've included some different accessories for him to make it more enticing for folks to buy him a 2nd time (not sure what exactly), in addition to including the alternate hands the WG version had .  Also i don't think the weird paint highlights did the figure any favors, the wash the WG version had was way better imo. 

OTOH it seems like a lot of characters who've been re-released don't end up selling well. I'm mostly thinking of sdcc figures like Black Bolt, Medusa, Malekith, etc. I suppose most collectors end up getting the figure the 1st time around and those of us who missed out the 1st time around may be very vocal about it but are relatively small in number.

Of course it is still early so the rest of the FF may end up pegwarming, too.  I think it largely depends on how popular a BAF super-skrull is. Since thing comes with 2 heads if someone is army building skrulls they don't need to buy as many Things as other figures in the wave.

Reasons you likely will see Thing on pegs more. 

• Double Packed.
  • People who have the Walgreen Exclusive versions may not care for their new uniforms. ( As i do).
  • They didn't give him alternate hands.
  • They put a classic head sculpt on a modern uniform.

Had they done Bryne's White and Blue Version I'd probably add it to my Collection. 

3 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Reasons you likely will see Thing on pegs more. 

• Double Packed.
  • People who have the Walgreen Exclusive versions may not care for their new uniforms. ( As i do).
  • They didn't give him alternate hands.
  • They put a classic head sculpt on a modern uniform.

Had they done Bryne's White and Blue Version I'd probably add it to my Collection. 

I definitely agree the white&blue would've been a more popular look for these figures but we all know how hasbro loves to do modern, flash-in-the-pan looks. If this wave has trouble selling i suppose it could be awhile before they tackle those costumes, altho i suppose they could do a box set at some point.  The all-white costumes from Hickman's run were pretty cool, too but not as iconic as the blue and white.

Agree about the other bulleted reasons.

30 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I definitely agree the white&blue would've been a more popular look for these figures but we all know how hasbro loves to do modern, flash-in-the-pan looks. If this wave has trouble selling i suppose it could be awhile before they tackle those costumes, altho i suppose they could do a box set at some point.  The all-white costumes from Hickman's run were pretty cool, too but not as iconic as the blue and white.

Agree about the other bulleted reasons.

Often I wonder if Disney has their input in the figure more than they should. I could see Disney wanting this version being represented as they were released in their newer comics. Any smart corporation could have realized a simple blue/white color change would have sold better. Collecting is a lot of time based on things you have nostalgic memories of.  Or sometimes you just like the way a figure turns out (like White Rebbit/Shang-Chi for me). I think this new fantastic four hasn't built up enough followers like their older uniform had. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, bashpics99 said:

The best thing I can submit to entice us to buy another thing is to include a Ben Grimm alternate head. There was a period where the Thing was having issues staying rocky and took to wearing a exo- suit that replicated his Thing appearance. Including a helmet that looked exactly like his normal Thing head. Could be cool to replicate that look, have he holding his Thing "helmet" head.